G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Care & Detailing (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing-22/)
-   -   How to remove the REAR BADGES? (https://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/73356-how-remove-rear-badges.html)

DOCSG35 11-09-2005 02:47 PM

Re:

I finally decided to debadge my rear on my '05 Black G356mt!

I used fishing line and A LOT of Goo Gone to remove the adhesive.

I am overall happy, however, this process left behind not only a HALO but many micro scratches as well. These scratches really show on my Black G.

Any advice out there as to what I can do to get rid of the HALO and the numerous micro scratches??

Thanks in advance!

hyperlitesmu 11-09-2005 04:12 PM

Have you waxed the area since? Also the Halo will slowly fade as weather and time take their toll on the area. There is no way to fully get rid of the Halo because the area under the badges were protected rom the sun since day one, whereas the rest of the rear was exposed to it. Therefore, the whole paint is sun bleached to a certain degree and the new area exposed will naturally be darker. Time is the best solution to getting rid of the marks.

DOCSG35 11-09-2005 04:18 PM

Re:

Originally Posted by hyperlitesmu
Have you waxed the area since? Also the Halo will slowly fade as weather and time take their toll on the area. There is no way to fully get rid of the Halo because the area under the badges were protected rom the sun since day one, whereas the rest of the rear was exposed to it. Therefore, the whole paint is sun bleached to a certain degree and the new area exposed will naturally be darker. Time is the best solution to getting rid of the marks.

I have not waxed it yet! I just used som SCRATCH OUT for the time being, but I think I'll have it waxed relatively soon.

Should that take care of the problem?

Fini 11-09-2005 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Punchit
No it won't go away. You can wax it to temporarily hide it but to actually make it go away you'll have to use an abrasive polish. What has happened is there is an uneven fade in the clear coat. When you use the abrasive polish it will even it out and it will look perfect again. Assuming the outline isn't super noticeable I would say the Poorboy's World SSR 1.0 would do the job. Just apply it with a nice clean applicator I like the microfiber applicators but whatever works for you.

I will try the abrasive polish this weekend. i'll give an update when it is done. and no, waxing won't do anything. i've zaino'd the area, and does not make a difference. i have a black 6mt also.

JDM 350GT 11-09-2005 08:17 PM

wow...i had my car for 7months and i am thinking of debadging...
am i too late for it?
i have poorboy's SSR 2.5...anyone like to comment on this?

Fini 11-09-2005 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by JDM 350GT
wow...i had my car for 7months and i am thinking of debadging...
am i too late for it?
i have poorboy's SSR 2.5...anyone like to comment on this?

Do you park your car outside? if so, then i would say it is too late for not having any fade marks. I only had my car for 4 months and park outside. i still need to try the abrasive polish.

Andy2434 11-10-2005 01:38 AM

My brother just removed the "INFINITI" letters, as well and there was no ghosting at all. He has had his G for almost a year. His G is garaged the majority of the time.

Dark Genesis 11-10-2005 03:55 AM

What and how much is the time period that I have before it's too late to debadge if I park my car outside everyday? I'm planning on replacing the badges really soon and I don't know if I'm too late for debadging yet.

JDM 350GT 11-10-2005 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Fini
Do you park your car outside? if so, then i would say it is too late for not having any fade marks. I only had my car for 4 months and park outside. i still need to try the abrasive polish.

garaged 24/7
only time when it sits outside - when i do car wash.

of course...when i drive and have a lunch w/ my fellas...my baby sees the sun :)

Fini 11-10-2005 08:49 PM

you shouldn't have a problem then... but don't blame me tho! :p

JDM 350GT 11-10-2005 09:36 PM

damn you lol
man...does it fade over time after you remove tho?
for example...
lets say that i removed but i see the marks and cant be removed by poorboys products or w/e the product that can help smoothing it.
is there possibility that the marks can blend in with surrounding color?

SFG356MT 11-10-2005 11:12 PM

I'm not sure if color is a major factor here but I've had my G for over a year now and just recently debadged the infiniti letters. I had a slight ghosting until I washed and waxed the area. My color is silver 04. The car is garaged at night but exposed to the elements during the day.

JDM 350GT 11-11-2005 12:37 PM

so its minor for you...
i have DG so it should be worse if i wait for a year.
now or never...trying to decide...(not gonna trade in until it dies for sure.)