G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   DFW G35 Owners Club (https://g35driver.com/forums/dfw-g35-owners-club-136/)
-   -   Anybody work for AT&T Wireless? (https://g35driver.com/forums/dfw-g35-owners-club/253380-anybody-work-t-wireless.html)

waijai 11-04-2008 12:10 PM

Anybody work for AT&T Wireless?

My contract with Sprint ends next week, and I want a new phone and would like to switch. Would like to talk to someone at a store if possible to discuss everything.

MidnightRun 11-04-2008 12:50 PM

Don't forget to ask if you get a discount based on where you work. Almost everyone gets a discount these days. I was in wireless for over 6 years. Unfortunately, I just left that industry, but if you are considering Verizon, I can put you in touch with someone at my old store.

TwoK4drSi 11-04-2008 06:35 PM

Go with the iphone. It's pretty badass

eljoker 11-04-2008 06:37 PM

go with verizon i got the dare and its amazing

Hunt4m3x 11-04-2008 09:41 PM

htc touch pro. rapes all.

eljoker 11-04-2008 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hunt4m3x
htc touch pro. rapes all.

so :mad:

jk:biggthumpup:

ninja1 11-04-2008 10:08 PM

I work for Cartoys, we don't carry the iphone but we are 1 of 5 national retailers that have the Google Phone (Which is a badass phone!). We have AT&T, Verizon, & T-Mobile. I'm not in sales or a commissioned employee but can point you in the right direction if you need help with any of that. :biggthumpup:

MidnightRun 11-04-2008 11:12 PM

I also have the LG Dare through Verizon and I love it. AT&T also has good service though. You really can't go wrong with either, but I must say I get better service with my Dare via Verizon than my gf gets with her Treo through AT&T.

If you have any questions, let me know. Don't pay regular price for a phone either, unless it's the Iphone. I've given away every phone imaginable under the right circumstances.

BeerViper 11-05-2008 12:08 AM

If you decide to choose a touch (only) phone, make sure you can live with a touch keyboard if you are a heavy text'er. That is the biggest negative I've heard from those that have gone touch-only.

I've been with Verizon for 5+ years with various Palm OS phones, my company just decided to go with a corporate mobile plan on T-mobile so I will be rolling 2 cell phones for a while and I'm going with a Crackberry and so far I'm liking the change. It's hard to get away from the touchscreen+qwerty of the Treo but I think I'm finally ready to make the change. If I can say anything about Verizon, it's their customer service is absolutely incredible. I haven't paid for a new phone in 5 years but have moved from a Kyocera 7135 to a Treo 650 to a Treo 700p without paying a dime. Also I have had zero problems with Verizon service and the their 3G network is awesome (1Mbps connect speeds on my Treo).

StuLax18 11-05-2008 12:30 AM

i went from a treo 650 to iphone. so a semi touchscreen with keyboard to full touchscreen. at first it is a little weird to get used to, and i kept hitting the wrong keys, but its a quick learning curve, and it helps that the phone can predict words for you.

TEXASHORNS 11-05-2008 11:55 AM

I do Tier III tech support for T-Mobile. PM me if your interested

Johnny5th 11-05-2008 12:09 PM

I've got the iPhone and i love it! Stick with AT&T and get you one! It does everything you need

dc78chs 11-05-2008 12:44 PM

ygpm

jran76 11-05-2008 04:52 PM

I have AT&T, and I currently have both the Blackberry 8310 (Curve) and 3G Apple iPhone (16GB). There are advantages to both. I use both equally, and almost always have both phones with me (the Curve is my work phone, and the iPhone is my personal phone).

Neither can take video. Not being able to text pictures, and cut/paste text on the iPhone is a joke.

The 3G iPhone is a lot faster than the Curve (which runs on the Edge network). The Blackcerry Bold will run on 3G which should be a good improvement. I get better coverage on the Curve vs. the iPhone.

If you text a lot the Blackberry is much better IMHO. If you like the MP3 player and Apps the iPhone is the clear winner. If you talk on the phone a lot the Blackberry is probably better. Is has better reception, and the battery life is 10x better (the iPhone battery is better with the most recent update, but not up to modern standards).

MidnightRun 11-05-2008 05:08 PM

http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrystorm/