My Visit to Drone's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts
My Visit to Drone's

Say man..

There's rarely times that I'm just truly impressed w/ someone's work as well as their personality, but I must confess.. I went to Drone's place today distraught because after debadging, I had some really bad scratches on my ride (wife tried to help me get the sticky stuff off my ride but used the abraisive side of the sponge)

Well it ended up looking like THIS after all was said and done:

Now you can empathize w/ my feelings.. Well after another well placed recommendation by Waijai (Will, aka Poppa Willie). I went in search for this Drone character.. PMed him.. He promptly PMed back.. And we decided to meet at his home.. Noticed his van, he does paint, dent repair, bumper refinishing, light painting, custom interior work, buffing, wheel painting, some wheel repair, you name it.. He can do it..

This is the job he completed for me:

Man this dude's a BEAST at his trade.. I really thought I was going to have to get my trunk retouched.. Seriously, the texture of the paint felt different if you rubbed your finger over where it was scratched.. He revitalized my paint.. He did this in about 15 mins.. I ended up staying over an hour just talking to him about the various things he could do.. As we were talkin, he was just walking around the car, buffing out other various scratches he found just because they were there.. He even noticed the fogging and discoloration in my 04 heads, and buffed them too.. My lights are GLEAMING NOW YA'LL!!!

As a repayment of the "extra" stuff he did, I shot a few pics of his car (also so you can see what he can do)

This shot shows off his custom grill painting skills:
This is NOT just your run of the mill black (it's black in the clear to give it a nice copper-smoke color finish).. This also shows his subtle but classy light painting skills: (notice the yellow fogs)

This image focuses on his roof painting and rear-view mirror housing painting.. If you have faded rear view mirror housings (like I do) this will definitely be a nice touch (he can color match your factory paint)

Now I completely lost it when I saw the next pic.. He custom paints (and I mean custom) rear lights.. Look what he did to his.. He also can do the GTR lights that everyone's after and paint the "tinted" look instead of doing overlays(which he did a subtle tint paint job on his own).. This also shows you his ability to paint emblems (matches his grill) and debadge as well (if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself).

painted corners are also available and a closeup of his light painting skills.

Took this one to give you an idea of what it looked like all together:

Dude's really a one stop shop when it comes to anything dealing w/ paint.. BEST PART IS HE'S MOBILE.. As long as you have someplace to plug in his van, he will come to your home or work or anywhere for that matter.. He ALSO MIXES PAINT.. As long as you know your color code, he can make it in his VAN.. That's CRAZY!!! I asked him how much for the paint for my projectors and he was like, "oh I can just make some.. " But he had some from the fender that he did for firefox (Roland).

He also has a fender rolling tool.. That's convenient as hell.. He let me feel the fenders on his sedan (he has the coupe 19s on the rear)..

Met him up tonight and dropped off my 06 projectors and is painting them Twilight Blue.. He had already cracked them open and sent me a pic of his progress by the time I got home.. (Once again, BEAST MODE ACTIVATED!!!)I'll be posting those up when they're done.. He'll be retouching my grill as well and painting the center console of my ride TB as well.. Might even go w/ a black roof to set it off. Dude's about to get a LOT of work from me.. Hoping ya'll throw him some work too.. I always hear people needing services he can provide.. Help a brotha out..

He's good people to know as well not just because of all he can do, but just a genuine person..

Thanks Mark.. Much appreciated bro.. Hope this helps drum you up some "biddness..."

Last edited by twalls; 04-28-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those tails are sik. I may have to use this guy for some paint projects I am thinkin about?

Old 04-28-2009, 03:16 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
young dude and works for himself (much props for that).. so he's dedicated and a perfectionist.. You see how good my trunk looks.. I had to tell him to stop cuz he wasn't satisfied..LOL..

You won't be sorry bro..

Old 04-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Yea, I got all the sticky stuff off, but theres still the little bit of ghost shadow from the edge of the letters. Might have him fix that and a few other knicks and dings that have been buggin me

Old 04-28-2009, 03:25 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
yeah.. that's what else I forgot to mention.. When he buffed everything down, the paint matched perfectly.. Doesn't matter how close you get to the car, you can't tell where the letters were.. I don't have to wait that Month or two for it to fade and all that bullcrap.. it's perfect NOW..

I'd advise it mayne.. Call him up.. This is what he does, so he's available..

He's got credentials too.. Used to get subcontracted by Ferrari, Porche, Masserati.. Dude is well qualified..

Old 04-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you think he can do some work on my G37? Can you PM me a way to contact him please? Thanks!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:40 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
I'm pretty sure he could.. He's not G35 specific.. He had an impala in his garage that he painted completely.. He's a PRO-FESS-ION-AL.. hehehehehehhe..

Dat bwoi cold. I'll PM you.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:42 AM
1. Member search
2. Find Drone
3. PM Drone
4. Do work and repeat

Old 04-28-2009, 03:43 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
you ain't gotta be mean sucka.. Trying to get my boy some work..

You've been PMed kim (I'm assuming that's your name)

Old 04-28-2009, 03:48 AM
Not bein mean, Im just really bored at work waitin for 3:30 so I can head to the house already...haha Im all about referring some quality workmanship

Last edited by TXaaron3232; 04-28-2009 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Cause I Kaint spell!!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much for him to drive up to Toronto and spend a weekend with all the G members here?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang looks good. Where in TX is he located? Dallas/Forth Worth area?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by t7n7
how much for him to drive up to Toronto and spend a weekend with all the G members here?
$17.34

Old 04-28-2009, 02:11 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
Dang looks good. Where in TX is he located? Dallas/Forth Worth area?
Yup he lives off of Coit and Park, but he's mobile (has a corporate van).. He comes to YOU!!!

Originally Posted by t7n7
Talk to him.. He'd prolly charge you gas.. LMAO.. Then whatever the labor was.. Just make sure it's worth it..

Old 04-28-2009, 05:02 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Tony, drone's work is good, and I will call him up nxt time, thanks.
But is drone paying you to advertise for him? 7-8 out of the top 15 threads are about you talking about drone.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Visit to Drone's