Dash clock and temp lights flickering! Car randomly won't start!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dash clock and temp lights flickering! Car randomly won't start!

I haven't been on here in forever.
I need some help guys. I've noticed that when I turn my headlights on, the clock and temp lights flicker. It's really annoying. When I turn my headlights off the flicker goes away.
Once when starting my car in the morning I heard a click and didn't turn on at all. No clicking as when the battery is low or dying. It wouldn't make any noise at all. I waited about 2-3 mins and it turns on like normal! After that I had the battery tested and the guy said the battery tested fine so it's not that. Well it didn't happen again until about 1 month later. I go to start my car and it did the same thing. I turn the key and a click and then nothing. I jump the car and it starts right up. I turn the car off and wait about 20 mins and go to start the car and it starts up again like normal. I then turn it off again and try to start it and again click and nothing. I search to see if I can find the fix on this forum and everyone says check the fuses. I do this and they are all fine. Another post said something about the grounds. I have a grounding kit on my car. I look at them and they look fine. I've called a mechanic and am dropping my car off tomorrow.

I wanted to know if anyone has had or heard of this problem? I'm stumped and confused. I hope this does end up costing me an arm and a leg.

Thanks guys!

Stone

Old 11-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StoneMalone
I haven't been on here in forever.
I need some help guys. I've noticed that when I turn my headlights on, the clock and temp lights flicker. It's really annoying. When I turn my headlights off the flicker goes away.
Once when starting my car in the morning I heard a click and didn't turn on at all. No clicking as when the battery is low or dying. It wouldn't make any noise at all. I waited about 2-3 mins and it turns on like normal! After that I had the battery tested and the guy said the battery tested fine so it's not that. Well it didn't happen again until about 1 month later. I go to start my car and it did the same thing. I turn the key and a click and then nothing. I jump the car and it starts right up. I turn the car off and wait about 20 mins and go to start the car and it starts up again like normal. I then turn it off again and try to start it and again click and nothing. I search to see if I can find the fix on this forum and everyone says check the fuses. I do this and they are all fine. Another post said something about the grounds. I have a grounding kit on my car. I look at them and they look fine. I've called a mechanic and am dropping my car off tomorrow.

I wanted to know if anyone has had or heard of this problem? I'm stumped and confused. I hope this does end up costing me an arm and a leg.

Thanks guys!

Stone
I'm now having that exact same problem with my car. Just had the battery checked and it was fine. What ultimately was the problem.

Thanks!