G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Drag (https://g35driver.com/forums/drag-59/)
-   -   spank a GT (https://g35driver.com/forums/drag/218723-spank-gt.html)

bigloucan 05-02-2008 12:57 AM

spank a GT

I'm a new owner to a stock 2006 G35 6MT... I'm fairly confident, but I need a guarantee that I can spank a co-worker's '08 mustang GT... I've had a small run-in with a mustang 05-08 (not really sure) and I came out on top, but I left the vdc on because it was spur of the moment... any ideas for a few quick horses to make my view of that 08 rearview?:driving:

SteveBlake 05-02-2008 12:59 AM

Get a Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer!

SpinTk 05-02-2008 01:08 AM

don't the GT's have upwards of 400 hp? Is his an automatic? I hate ford's sports cars, but g'luck...

bigloucan 05-02-2008 01:29 AM

nah... they're stock w/ right at 300... it's a stick, but a new driver to a stick...is the plenum spacer something I can do? (I'm not that experienced of a mechanic, but I can usually figure things out w/ decent directions)

tightvpkid 05-02-2008 01:35 AM

yea spacer is fairly eays to install with detailed instructions. motordyn

bigloucan 05-02-2008 02:01 AM

is a dyno required after installation...if so, what should that run me? Thanks for the info... I checked out Motordyne's website and it looks like I can manage...

jutn35 05-02-2008 02:02 AM

ztube ? lol its what im getn

BlueDevilBAMF 05-02-2008 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by bigloucan
is a dyno required after installation...if so, what should that run me? Thanks for the info... I checked out Motordyne's website and it looks like I can manage...

Since you have a RevUp I'd say spacer along with the MREV2. You should easily be able to do both yourself. Only reason you'd need a dyno is if you'd want to do a before/after dyno to prove to yourself that you gained power. But trust me, you will!

chriscollins 05-02-2008 03:21 AM

haha, well...

My wife literally just got an 06 mustang GT last night.

I drove it for about 3 minutes and i would say that you would have no problem off the line. The torque on those cars are better for accelerating when say, on the freeway already doing 60.

On my test drive of the GT, I turned at a light, and flooooored it, and literally, was flabergasted. 'that's a lot of noise and not a lot of go... for a V8 especially...' It didn't jump forward like our cars will do. It will not snap your neck back with a good jump. (well, maybe a little, but not like our cars)

So, all that to say, this is not based on numbers or even an actual race, but i'd say you'd be fine for quick wins, but maybe longer term you may be in some sort of trouble. Either way, i'd say its certainly nothing to be scared of with your car stock.

x chris x

Skaterbasist 05-02-2008 03:28 AM

You will definately NOT spank him. Take it to the track and find out. (Any street-racing stories and the thread/post will be deleted- forum policy).

My brother has a 2008 Mustang GT. Trust me, you will not spank him, especially if he is modified. Stock for stock, they are slightly faster, though its still a drivers race (6MT). The VQ35 shines above the Mustang at higher speeds though.

eNigma 05-02-2008 03:31 AM

Drivers race from dig.

the cars are fairly even in all honesty.

Ive beaten some I've got beaten by some.

Im completely stock as well.

Weight we are a wii bit lighter, Type of launch, What Gear roll if you decide to go from a roll etc..

They both rated at 14's quarter. We have a higher top speed and not limited to 140 like they are.. God forbid u go that high ^.~

GrayG35 05-02-2008 04:31 AM

i can take em. if you have an 05-07 6mt get mrev and 5/16 spacer and testpipes if you want to own him. if you just want to win then the first two or last two will work.

officerdbag 05-02-2008 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
You will definately NOT spank him. Take it to the track and find out. (Any street-racing stories and the thread/post will be deleted- forum policy).

My brother has a 2008 Mustang GT. Trust me, you will not spank him, especially if he is modified. Stock for stock, they are slightly faster, though its still a drivers race (6MT). The VQ35 shines above the Mustang at higher speeds though.

+1

I got spanked at the track by a newer GT.. I only had intake back then and it was my 2nd run...

You have a rev up 6MT though so you never know.

BlueDevilBAMF 05-02-2008 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by chriscollins
haha, well...

My wife literally just got an 06 mustang GT last night.

I drove it for about 3 minutes and i would say that you would have no problem off the line. The torque on those cars are better for accelerating when say, on the freeway already doing 60.

On my test drive of the GT, I turned at a light, and flooooored it, and literally, was flabergasted. 'that's a lot of noise and not a lot of go... for a V8 especially...' It didn't jump forward like our cars will do. It will not snap your neck back with a good jump. (well, maybe a little, but not like our cars)

So, all that to say, this is not based on numbers or even an actual race, but i'd say you'd be fine for quick wins, but maybe longer term you may be in some sort of trouble. Either way, i'd say its certainly nothing to be scared of with your car stock.

x chris x

Your description of the 06GT makes me laugh... My family owned a 98 GT for almost 10 years (car I learned how to drive stick on), and that car made SO MUCH noise, but was slow as all hell. High 14's or so - even my JDM Vtec Prelude could take it.

Sad to see the newer generation still doesn't have much go. The new Cobra, however... :biggthumpup:

Zerk 05-02-2008 12:09 PM

Actually the newer GT's aren't slow. I've seen 2 of them at the track pull mid to low 13's all day long with minor bolt-ons. One was an automatic and the other was a 6 speed.

To hang with them you would need full bolt-ons and possibly a tune.