Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Changing Clutch 2003 G35 6MT Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing Clutch 2003 G35 6MT Sedan

This is my first post. I have looked for the answers, but did not find them. So if they are there, please do not tell me to just search. Send me a link instead which would be very helpful and much appreciated. Anyway, I just bought the car. Already had to deal with the radio repair, so thanks for all of those posts. Soldered it myself and fixed it. I noticed that when I start off from a dead spot that the clutch is acting weird. I have plenty of experience driving stick. I have driven everything from a VW Bug to Vipers and Ferrari's. So it's not me. However, the car stutters when I am releasing the clutch to go into 1st and get rolling. Also, when I rip it from 2nd to 3rd, sometimes it feels like the clutch doesn't engage quickly. Like there is a loss of power and RPM before it really engages into 3rd gear. (slip light comes on sometimes) I am in no way out of control or sliding the tires and the break fluid is full. I saw that on other posts. So I am thinking of replacing the clutch with the Exedy. Does anyone else think that there might be something else wrong from what I am explaining? Should the clutch fix those issues or should I look at something else first? I also read once before that I should change the seals while they are replacing the clutch. I am guessing the mean the rear main seal and what other seal? Where can I find those seals to order them? I really appreciate any help with this.