G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetrain-364/)
-   -   Automatic Transmission rpm stuttering when slowing down (https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetrain/308344-automatic-transmission-rpm-stuttering-when-slowing-down.html)

kenempireex 09-26-2009 02:20 AM

Automatic Transmission rpm stuttering when slowing down

when the car is slowing down from 40mph, it feels like there is a delay in the transmission. Also, I notice the RPM jerk a little bit when it recline, it's not a smooth and response transaction.

My car has 65k miles, which i believe the warranty expired already. I went to a Nissan tuner shop this morning for oil change this morning and the mechanic said it should not be a serious issue.

Any ideas?

Tollboothwilley 09-28-2009 02:02 AM

RPM jerk when recline? what do you mean by this? Very vague with the whole thing. Hard to even guess what you mean by "delay in the transmission" and "not smooth".

That could be anything. can you be more descriptive...and what year/model is your car.

drifts500 09-28-2009 02:03 AM

video tape it!

kenempireex 09-28-2009 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley (Post 4586588)
RPM jerk when recline? what do you mean by this? Very vague with the whole thing. Hard to even guess what you mean by "delay in the transmission" and "not smooth".

That could be anything. can you be more descriptive...and what year/model is your car.

I am sorry about my wording. My car is 2006 G35 coupe 5AT, has 65k mile. I don't know if a video will help or not, but here are what are happening lately (in the past few days).

- When the car is set to cruise control at 65mph, the rpm is steady. It stays at 2300 rpm perfectly even when the road is sloping down or up. Does that seem odd?

- What I mean by "jerking" is the car seems to be push forward by the lower gear ratio when the car is slowing down. Similar to a bad downshift in a MT shift vehicle, but I don't think it's normal for AT tran. It's a very minor "jerk", but strong enough to make me step on the brake pedal harder and wish it will go away.

Hurt_Locker 09-28-2009 02:53 AM

May or may not help but try resetting the ECU. Over time it makes the AT do funny things. Shorter shifts from redline and such.

kenempireex 09-28-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Hurt_Locker (Post 4586687)
May or may not help but try resetting the ECU. Over time it makes the AT do funny things. Shorter shifts from redline and such.

This may sound silly but...which one is the proper way to do it? Bring in to dealership/car tuner shop(how much)? Do the pedal reset(which style)? Unplug the battery?

Hurt_Locker 09-28-2009 11:44 PM

The pedal reset should suffice, if that doesnt solve the issue then take off the negative terminal over night. If still persits then I would have it looked at or second opinioned.

NavEngineer 10-20-2009 05:12 PM

So what's the status on this problem. I'm having something similar happening to my 06' 5AT.

DCG 11-03-2009 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by NavEngineer (Post 4641968)
So what's the status on this problem. I'm having something similar happening to my 06' 5AT.

My 06 AT Coupe has trans. shuddering issues, but the one I'm experiencing happens between the 2nd to 3rd shift in auto mode, very slight, and in the manual mode it clunks from 2nd to 3rd under hard acceleration. Both intermittent of course.... I had it to the dealer twice. The first time they replaced the trans valve body, then they supposedly replaced the whole thing. I just got the car in June, feeling as though I got a lemon...

Jeff92se 11-03-2009 05:03 PM

To the OP, I wonder if the TC is not unlocking right away when you let off the gas pedal. Just a guess.

Tollboothwilley 11-06-2009 05:19 PM

have you changed your trans fluid yet?