Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

AccessPORT EMU for G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I'm "hoping" that the 03 auto sedans are running a conservative ign/fuel program that can pick up an easy few hp just buy coping a Z or coupe map. Then some more by mod specific tuning. If we can turn any "torque management" stuff that would be worth it in itself

Old 09-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
If we can turn any "torque management" stuff that would be worth it in itself
++1

Old 09-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone in there makes mention of the 04+ Z already having a wideband O2 sensor stock? Is anything like that true on the G?

Old 09-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Red Card Crew

Yes. 05+ Gs have wideband 02 sensors that can be used for pretty accurate a/f datalogging. Damn them.

Originally Posted by UMD_terp
Someone in there makes mention of the 04+ Z already having a wideband O2 sensor stock? Is anything like that true on the G?

Old 09-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Yes. 05+ Gs have wideband 02 sensors that can be used for pretty accurate a/f datalogging. Damn them.
wow... had no clue... free wideband sensor for me

Old 09-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 04.5+ have wideband o2's. A tool such as cipher can log the voltages of the sensors, and even do conversions into actual a/f numbers.

It's interesting seeing the different cam timings and a/f between the two banks.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by dovla
Where is GEE PASTA when we need him
Guys keep it simple, there is not one item out there that is going to make a bunch of HP. You need to fine tune everything you have to extract the power. Just my opinion

Last edited by GEE PASTA; 09-15-2006 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Red Card Crew

Updates! Anything not in quotations are replies from Trey. Thanks Trey. Things seem to be looking better and better. Especially the TCM stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by exagorazo
First, I am unclear about the differences between, and application for, the total reflash and the fuel maps that will be able to be changed on the fly . Can you elaborate?
Basically we offer the ability to fully reflash the ECU with any changes in data required, much in the same was the Technosquare flash is done. In addition however we add in new functionality to the ECU not normally there to allow the ability to tune/change certain engine tuning parameters such as the fuel, timing, rev limits, etc in Realtime or "on-the-fly". This is useful for the tuner to get an accurate tune without constant reloading on the flash data to the ECU. It's also useful for the end user in the event you want to quickly switch between high/low octane mapping, fuel economy mode, valet, anti-theft, etc without having to actually reprogram your ECU each time to do so. We're offering the same thing a traditional "flash" can do, put it in a handheld portable device so you can do it yourself, and add in the Realtime capability on top of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exagorazo
Second, my car has a couple issues that I am wondering if you will address. One is that there is a dead spot at around 2700 rpm and the car bogs slightly whenever sweeping across this range
Also, torque seems sevely limited below about 3300 rpm at which point, the torque suddenly increases markedly. This, in combination with the low stall speed of the TC causes the car to be a real dog off the line.
It definitely possible to eliminate any stumbles or bogs that caused by the factory tuning. The limitation of any reflash will be if a mechanical condition exists (ie: torque converter mechanical lockup, etc). We are also working on reverse engineering the factory TCM, though honestly work has just recently begun on this front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
And can you datalog the knock sensor?
Yes, we can. It is not a normal OBD2 or Consult-II logging parameter which is why it likely cannot be logged using other tools. As part of our reflash we add in special program code to the ECU that allows us the ability to read out this data to the AccessPORT or our tuning software.

Quote:
Would that also imply that they will be offering access to some/all of the Nissan consult features? ie.. timing advance, idle learn, tb recal etc.....along with BCM control.
Yes, we have a Consult-II we use in-house and we're able to duplicate its functionality with the AccessPORT.

As for TCU (TCM) mods, we are working on that as well. I believe we will be able to do this, though likely we'll initially release with ECU reflash capability only to suit all transmission types. We can then issue an upgrade for those that want TCU reprogramming capability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acree
Do you guys have any information regarding the rumored "multiple" maps in the stock ecu? I've read time and time again that the stock ecu has something like 3 different maps and chooses which map to select whenever it wants to. Is there anyway the AccessPORT will be able to lock the ECU into a single fuel/timing map?
Yes, there are multiple maps for different operating conditions/parameters. Many maps are used in conjunction with one another so its not always so simple as switching explicitly from one to another. Depends on the parameter in question. If necessary, we can program the ECU to lock the ECU into a single map with the AccessPORT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acree
Also, if we purchase the StreetTuner software/hardware set and we are running an in-car pc, will it be possible to change maps on the fly? Like lets say that I go to the drag strip one night, and I load a nitrous map with the correctly tuned fuel delivery and retarded ignition timing, will I be able to load up an "economy map" for the drive home?
Yes, you can change maps on the fly with only the AccessPORT. With the StreetTUNER software, you can fine tune your own fuel/timing maps as well as load them on the fly through your in-car PC or laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz33
Will both versions be able to tune the VTC angles?
Yes, absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booger
COuld you tell me if I woud be able to set the timing at WOT in both the ECU's maps .
You can but I'll be honest with ANY newer vehicle, the ECUs are designed to run a very dynamic ignition advance. They still have your standard ignition advance maps but there is a large amount of additional programming logic that runs behind the scenes and "fine tunes" the final timing advance used. Unfortunately the days of locking down your distributor to always run one ign advance are gone. You can program the ECU to stick within a "window" but I'll be honest in the fact that it'll be unlikely to force the ECU to always run the exact same ignition advance at redline. Instead, you'll likely see 1-2 degree variances based on what the ECU has determined optimal based on logic and sensor inputs.

Cheers,
Trey @ COBB

Old 09-20-2006, 08:50 PM
B1, B2 & cams?

Can Bank1 and Bank2 be tuned independently? Cams? Thanks

Old 09-21-2006, 12:30 AM
I highly recommend a site I became frequent to since I got a Subaru:

www.openecu.org

Old 09-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by MOTOP
I highly recommend a site I became frequent to since I got a Subaru:

www.openecu.org
uuhhh... i did not found anything about the G or the Z...

Old 09-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Thank goodness. Finally there is a decent management solution for aftermarket FI systems. No more hackjobs!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:40 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Just wondering (don't know it's been discused) if the rev limiter can be raised with this unit like a reflash from technosquare. Also if the throttle body can be made to open 100% on WOT take off.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've still not seen any conclusive evidence that the throttle body doesn't open all the way at WOT. Sharif states that the maximum voltage to the throttle body is only like 4.7 or 4.8 volts. It may indeed be open 100%, but no one would ever know unless they were datalogging and watching the butterfly valve with the intake tube off.

Even then, the results may not be reliable. If the tube were off, no air would be drawn the the MAF housing; and how knows how the ECU would react to a full throttle input with no MAF voltage.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Red Card Crew

Yes for the rev. It's listed above
Yes for the 100% TB. Just like TS does. Again, they say they can do everything TS can do and more

Originally Posted by 5150DS
Just wondering (don't know it's been discused) if the rev limiter can be raised with this unit like a reflash from technosquare. Also if the throttle body can be made to open 100% on WOT take off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AccessPORT EMU for G35