G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction-19/)
-   -   Walbro 255 Installation DIY (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/190372-walbro-255-installation-diy.html)

GOAT35 12-18-2011 01:35 PM

My question is would this be a good replacement in an almost purely stock sedan? No TT no FI no nothing just a dying fuel pump. Should I go get the wakbro or stick buy the shytty airtex????? Thanks

MikeGrote 02-21-2012 07:18 PM

dont you have to mod the fpr too? to keep fuel pressure down?

Boston03G35 08-30-2012 05:42 AM

Looking for some insight....Nissan recommends changing fuel filter at 100k miles, I just hit 105k. I have horrible gas mileage.

I read that you may as well change the fuel pump while you're in there, what is the consensus on that? I plan to go nitrous some day, do I bother with the Walbro our stay stock?

Thank you

420OG35 09-02-2012 08:12 PM

If I'm going for a single turbo and 600cc injectors should I change to the walbro 255. And I'm picking up a turbonetics turbo everything but tuner, fuel pump and gauges. Is this a good deal or to good to be true. He said turbo had only like 3000 miles. But it's just been sitting so piping is kind of rusty. I think I can sand those down and paint them black. Make them look nice. I am also in Florida. And. Don't really know who to trust to do me a good tune. Also wich tuner should I pick up. Ive seen some utec and turbo xs for acoustic hundred and then osiris for like 550

Dani01c 10-02-2012 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by GOAT35 (Post 6254091)
My question is would this be a good replacement in an almost purely stock sedan? No TT no FI no nothing just a dying fuel pump. Should I go get the wakbro or stick buy the shytty airtex????? Thanks

I have the exact same question. My pump seems to have gone bad at 73K miles. Apparently there is low fuel pressure when starting the car.

TunerMax 10-29-2012 04:46 PM

I just did this and Am looking for the Regulator/Swirl valve mod, if anyone knows where it's at LMK, I can only find the one for the 350z which is different.

I've also got a fuel leak pretty bad below the fuel pump area now, it WAS fine after doing it, so I will have to have a look to see what it could be leaking all of a sudden... seems odd.

JDM_Cain 01-27-2013 08:28 PM

Great DIY! Will come in handy soon...

TunerMax 01-27-2013 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMax (Post 6612209)
I just did this and Am looking for the Regulator/Swirl valve mod, if anyone knows where it's at LMK, I can only find the one for the 350z which is different.

I've also got a fuel leak pretty bad below the fuel pump area now, it WAS fine after doing it, so I will have to have a look to see what it could be leaking all of a sudden... seems odd.

Forgot to chime back in here:

-There is no need to do any swirl modification on the sedan version of the pump. Simply install per these instructions and give-er!

-My personal fuel pressure was a bit higher (57 PSI) but stayed steady throughout the load range, as long as it stays the same it's all good!

-My fuel leak was because I didn't replace the oring around the cover, it split on install, as most seem to do. Hindsight, have a new OEM oring on hand before attempting this job.

N8Deezy 01-27-2013 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Boston03G35 (Post 6557488)
Looking for some insight....Nissan recommends changing fuel filter at 100k miles, I just hit 105k. I have horrible gas mileage.

I read that you may as well change the fuel pump while you're in there, what is the consensus on that? I plan to go nitrous some day, do I bother with the Walbro our stay stock?

Thank you

It's not very hard to access the location, if you plan to spray with that mileage I would think switch the pump in anticipation. Get ready to rebuild your motor tho if you think you can add a nitrous kit and not break something. The write-up done by the OP is very good. I changed a DW300 that I burned out and a Walbro 416lph basically following those instructions and using my Chilton guide for reference just in case. :biggthumpup:

TunerMax 02-05-2013 01:34 PM

POLARITY!!!

(EDIT: After lots of problems I found out my Walbro was fake. This problem MAY not apply to all pumps. I purchased from a vendor who had no idea he had been given fakes. It's apparently very common.
Personally HIGHLY advise Buying Aeromotive 340 Pumps instead. Basically same price, higher GPM, and just a better pump.
)
I forgot about this, and another member was asking me about my install when I remembered!

This DIY doesn't list it, but the polarity of the WALBRO pump is OPPOSITE the OEM pump.

This means if you simply plug the OEM plug into the Walbro, it will run backwards ( I found out the hard way when the car wouldn't run, despite the pump obviously working)

All you have to do is de-solder the connection where the Black and Red wires go and switch them, no big deal, but you WILL need to do that. The Walbro + and - is clearly marked on the pump where the plug goes in. The OEM wiring is Marked RED = Positive and BLACK = Negative. If they don't match up on the Walbro unit you will need to swap the wires at the solder joints :)

Brownie87 08-16-2013 01:26 PM

Sorry to dig up a old DIY but did this install on my 03 coupe and it was going fine until i lost pressure i primed the pump it was fine my friend that tunes cars took it apart and said i need a new rubber gromment (the one with the bumps on it) any idea what the part number is...http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7...bergrommet.jpg

TunerMax 08-16-2013 09:45 PM

ouch! message Charles at CZP he will help

Brownie87 08-16-2013 11:11 PM

Thats a pic from online. I just need a Part Number or a solution

wallofgrath 08-17-2013 02:21 AM

excellent write up

Stillen06coupe 08-17-2013 02:56 PM

is it necessary to take out the fuse for the fuel pump and run the car til it shuts off first? to get the fuel out of the line.... i had to do this on my 240sx to change the fuel filter.... for some reason it didnt work on the 200sx