G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction-19/)
-   -   High Idle After Cleaning?! (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/230164-high-idle-after-cleaning.html)

acside 06-29-2008 11:57 PM

High Idle After Cleaning?!

Hey. i just cleaned my throttle body and maf sensor today.I used the crc brand sprays and now my cars idle is running high even after a reset. any ideas? thanks

AmateuRN 06-30-2008 01:30 AM

Sticking any? Did you unplug it or the battery before working it?

OCG35 06-30-2008 01:22 PM

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...tIdlereset.jpg

acside 06-30-2008 06:18 PM

thanks for the instructions.. ill try them tonight and see if it helps. BTW about 10 miles after i cleaned everything i now have a check engine light..

OCG35 06-30-2008 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by acside
thanks for the instructions.. ill try them tonight and see if it helps. BTW about 10 miles after i cleaned everything i now have a check engine light..

yep... its the idle... same exact thing happened to me... Thats why I unplug the battery when I mess with the TB now - and be real careful not to mess with the plate...

If you do the procedure I posted and a full ECU reset it should be fine... you'll need to find someone with consult 2 to clear the CEL...

acside 06-30-2008 09:27 PM

thanks for the input. i tried the procedure posted but it doesnt seem to helped. my idle went down about 100rpm now in the 900 range and my car seems to feel a little odd. at idle it feels like the engine is "jumping" ??

OCG35 06-30-2008 09:32 PM

did you do an ECU reset too?... disconnect battery, turn on ignition, pump the brakes several times (to drain the capacitors)... doing both worked for me... I had to try a couple of times though because the timing needs to be perfect.

When it works, the idle will come down to about 600-700... clear the code though or dealer will see it if/when they plug in to do future diagnosis and you don’t want to hassle with explanations...

acside 07-02-2008 07:52 PM

i just finished the procedure and also reset the car.. still same high idle problem and i keep throwing a cel. the code i get is P0507. Thanks

bull3t 07-02-2008 09:54 PM

get it reset at the dealership. that's what i did, i had the same problem. next time don't mess with the butterfly when cleaning it.

OCG35 07-02-2008 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by acside
i just finished the procedure and also reset the car.. still same high idle problem and i keep throwing a cel. the code i get is P0507. Thanks

hmmm... sorry it didnt work I guess if there is no vacuum leak and the reset didn’t work - dealer service is the other option... hope you don’t have to buy a new TB... good luck

E_K 07-03-2008 03:25 AM

I had that code before. Needed a new throttle body. These throttle bodies can go bad just from messing with the plate.

Hydrazine 07-07-2008 03:31 AM

P0507 = Idle Speed Control System

If you know you did the reset procedure correctly, its time to bring it to the dealer.

Always avoid pushing on the throttle body butterfly valve. Bad stuff can happen.

E K (Albert) can tell you all about what can happen. ;)

Deezflip 07-07-2008 07:58 AM

I don't understand how some have problems when cleaning the throttle body.

I've disconnected the harness, I've opened & closed the flap to get in between the nooks and crannies several times, It still doesn't throw any codes or any idle problems. I've known several others that had no problems either when cleaning the TB the way i did.

My best guess is... disconnecting the battery before working on it has something to do with it. I honestly can't remember if i did or not though.

OR....maybe non rev-up and rev-up models have different reactions when cleaning the throttle body? :dunno:

Hydrazine 07-07-2008 08:33 AM

And always disconnect the batter before doing anything with the TB.

Try the reset proceure again.

Its tricky to do. You have to get the timing just right for it to work.

AmateuRN 07-07-2008 03:59 PM

This is why I said in the 1st reply... if he unplugged it.

I never got an answer.

This could be the issue. It's a drive-by-wire system, you're not supposed to touch it at all until everything is unplugged.