G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction-19/)
-   -   Coupe won't run! (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/332551-coupe-wont-run.html)

All G'd Up 04-07-2010 08:16 PM

Coupe won't run!

I have an 04 g35 coupe with ztube pop charger and plenum spacer which have been installed on the car for over a year with no problems... today on my way home from work i notice when i stop the rpms drop way down to where it sounds like its gonna stall... then it did stall and driving it the rest of the way home seemed like it was chuggin along not gettin enough fuel maybe...

i make it home, pop the hood and i see my filter fell off so i put it back on but no chg still idles low and rough... then i took the ztube pop charger all off and spray cleaner in it and the throttle body and put it all back together but now as soon as i start it, it only last a few seconds and stalls even when i try to give it gas...

please help!

All G'd Up 04-07-2010 09:23 PM

btw i only have 32k miles on the car...

Anyone have any suggestions...

AmateuRN 04-07-2010 09:43 PM

It's "all F'd up"...

AmateuRN 04-07-2010 09:45 PM

Did you clean the MAF? Did you touch the throttle plate when you cleaned it? Did you let it all dry completely? You can do the idle and throttle position relearn procedure. You can also try to unplug the battery overnight.

I have an '04 with 31,000 miles on it. We're awesome! Lol!

NJzFinestG 04-07-2010 09:49 PM

maybe it sucked up a bug or debris when the filter came off and the debris is inside where ever the throttle body leads too?

All G'd Up 04-07-2010 10:07 PM

thanks for the replies... i didnt clean the maf yet cus i only have throttle body cleaner and heard not to use that to clean the maf... i sprayed the tb cleaner inside the tb and opened the tb and sprayed it in there. what will unplugging the battery overnight do? i'll have to see if i can see if there's anything inside the tb... but usually if the tb or maf gets dirty, the car will still run just not great and may be sluggish. i can't even keep it runnin...

AmateuRN 04-08-2010 10:40 PM

You opened the TB with your hand or something?

Sorry... new throttle body for you. Search a little. You NEVER touch the throttle plate!!

All G'd Up 04-08-2010 10:43 PM

i used a rag to open the tb...

AmateuRN 04-08-2010 11:05 PM

Did you unplug the battery and then unplug the TB?

AmateuRN 04-08-2010 11:07 PM

Try these:

Please read all instructions and be familiar with them before any attempts.
A stop watch or an analog clock with a second’s needle will be useful.
ECU Resetting Procedures
Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specify time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON.
A stop watch or an analog clock with a second’s needle will be useful.
Operations Procedures
1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 second.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.
If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning
Operation Procedure
1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning
Operation Procedures
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch is “ON”.
3. Turn ignition switch is “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Make sure that the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.
Operation Procedures
1. Perform “Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning”.
2. Perform “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning”.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
11. Wait 20 seconds.
12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure the idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.

AmateuRN 04-08-2010 11:07 PM

If that doesn't fix it... probably off to the dealer for you... I don't think you can fix this issue at home.. but again, a quick search on "cleaning throttle body" will help you. Again, you NEEVVEERRR touch the plate without unplugging everything. Period.

All G'd Up 04-08-2010 11:54 PM

thanks! but my CEL is not on. Does that make a difference... the ecu doesn't reset by just having the battery disconnected for a few minutes? since my air filter had fallen off, i have a feeling something maybe got sucked up the intake... i'm gonna unplug and remove the intake and possibly the throttle body and manifold to make sure nothing is in there or at least i'll clean it out...

AmateuRN 04-09-2010 12:14 AM

Nope, CEL doesn't have to be lit up to do the above steps. Try all 3 before disconnecting anything else.

All G'd Up 04-09-2010 06:35 PM

i think im gonna take everything apart and make sure nothing got sucked up in there, clean everything and if that doesn't fix it then i'll do the above procedure... so disconnecting the battery does not reset the computer?

WILLIE BEANS 04-09-2010 06:44 PM

im sure theres a reason why you think something got in there ..

were you driving it with the filter off or did it slip off somehow ?