Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

turbonetics tune? what to do!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbonetics tune? what to do!

i need help. i just dont understand whats going on anymore with this damn car. ive been to the tuners many times and it is still not right... so heres the story. car is being tuned with a emanage without a map sensor.. said he can tune without it just fine.. he has done other gs and zs by using this method without a problem even though ive read that the maf only reads 5 volts etc.. he still can do it.. anyway, under load, boost and in nuetral, when the car revs its stops at 5k everytime. now it does break through 5k from time to time but only at WOT.. and even then its a little choppy. so when im reving in nuetral, i can gradually bring the rpm up to redline however when i rev it fast, it stops at 5k as if there is a fuel cut or something. when driving, under small amounts of boost, half throttle or so,the car will go fine until 4.5-5k and them comletely buck back and forth as if it is a fuel cut, but if i go WOT it goes past that, and is still alittle choppy and hesitant. So, my theory is that is can be one of two things. 1. the spark plugs are bad? 2. i need the map sensor and he needs to retune because the maf is maxing out.. make sense? kindly let me know what you guys think... i need help! car is been down for over a month now!!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Please get rid of the emanage before you pop the motor.It has proven to be the worst option out there for this engine so at least get a utec and have that tuned.Ive been on a utec tune for the past 3 1/2 years without a problem.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
I use uprev as my tuning software and no issues with my Turbonectics kit

Old 01-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
plugs might need to be replaced or regapped if its bucking after a certain rpm

Old 01-08-2011, 05:26 PM
So then y will it rev good if I mash it?

Old 01-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Would my spark plugs be bad only at certain rpm and and at certain throttle? What else can it be...

Old 01-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
dump emanage. you need to do more resarch about the tuning software for our cars. osiris, fcon, haltech or if you have to utec.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
dump what u have now and get uprev tune. thats all you need!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 PM
i did a ton of research and i know that only ones that are good are, utech, cobb. osiris and haltech. my tuner swore that he can do anything and everything that the others do and then some. my utech crapped out and i needed to replace it, and he is a emanage guy, i guess he talked me into it. even though i didnt want to do it. he seems very knowledgable about the unit and tuning, however i just dont think he realizes that i doesnt work well with our cars, even though he has tuned some with the emanage already. today, the car still did the same thing but not quite as bad, but it is still there. it feels strong at half throttle but soon as it hits 5k or more and WOT, it feels like its being held back a little, it feels about the same 3/4 throttle than it does full thottle. im sure it is a tuning issue. im no stranger to fast cars and i know that what ive done isnt going to make it a drag car but i definately doesnt feel right and stong as i thought it would be. there is also a lot of smoke comming out the back, grey, and its only at WOT. he also know that he didnt tune on the map sensor from greddy but on the MAFwhich i know isnt the best and again he told be, that he can do it no problem and that the map sensor just makes it easier for unexperienced tuners. help me out more sugguestions. i haved no engine codes and no misfires. ETC... someone in the area want to come ride in it to see what im talking about to better help my situation. THANKS

Last edited by DanielsG; 01-09-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Buy a MAP sensor if you are going to stick with the Emanage. Have him retune with that for free since he said it would work and its not.

UTEC manual states the MAF will max out at ~4.5 PSI of boost. I bet around 5000K rpms you are maxing out your MAF and it freaks your ECU out.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:37 AM
That sounds right. I am going go try that. Also why does everyone hate the emMage when it dies the same stuff the others do. And yes it does contrl timing.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
That is exactly what is happening is the maf is maxing out. You need a new tuner.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:52 PM
yea i think i have gone to every tuner in south florida already.. i dont know of another place to go. i hope hes not going to screw me over.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
please be careful with your motor. If you research the turbonectics kit, you will find that several people also had the turbo itself fail. I did three times and that is why I have a garrett turbo in its place now.

Also, during the early stages of tuning, I had a misshap from tuning and it had smoke as you described coming out at WOT and after letting off...which was indicating blow by. My motor ran fine off turbo to see if it was fine. But in the end it turned out I had two cracked pistons. Small enough to let oil by under pressure but not enough to be discovered under leakdown test.

Good luck!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:59 PM
wow so your saying that my motor is fudged.. thats why is smokes a lot when i give it gas or it is just the tune? It only smokes a lot when i give it gas an burn more fuel. the color is white. but my motor feels fin it revs in nuetral etc... except for the tune. its been smoling since the tune. btw my afr is 11.5 under boost.

Last edited by DanielsG; 01-10-2011 at 05:22 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: turbonetics tune? what to do!