G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction-19/)
-   -   P0507 Code but I have a normal idle (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/421380-p0507-code-but-i-have-normal-idle.html)

Ouija 01-12-2013 03:58 PM

P0507 Code but I have a normal idle

Hey guys I have a weird problem, I switched out my plenum and throttlebody for polished ones (disconnected the neg terminal on the battery so I wouldn't have any issues, and I didn't touch the butterfly on the throttlebody) but after driving for about 60-70 miles my CEL came on and when I got it scanned, it said P0507. That code means higher idle than normal, so I did the idle relearn and my idle is back down to 650 (from around 750).

But my CEL is still on and for some reason when my car is warmed up and when it's in idle, there's a weird knocking/sputtering noise that I can only hear when I'm sitting inside the car. Do you guys think there's a vacuum leak? The idle is normal around 650 and the car is driving fine so I'm not sure what is throwing the CEL now.

When I cold start the car though, it will go to 1300-1400 RPM, then come down to 1100RPM.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Ouija 01-13-2013 12:14 PM

Anyone?

Maybucac 01-15-2013 12:28 AM

Yeah, I have a similar problem..I just got a tune up drove my car home and the next morning i had super high idle and my CEL came on as well. I'm also thinking I have a vacuum leak and the CEL code was P0505...I took apart my throttle body and found nothing was wrong with it. Anybody know whats going on?

sorry for thread jacking just didnt feel like starting a new thread

Ouija 01-15-2013 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Maybucac (Post 6672940)
Yeah, I have a similar problem..I just got a tune up drove my car home and the next morning i had super high idle and my CEL came on as well. I'm also thinking I have a vacuum leak and the CEL code was P0505...I took apart my throttle body and found nothing was wrong with it. Anybody know whats going on?

sorry for thread jacking just didnt feel like starting a new thread

Nah dude it's all good, it's weird. When I cold start it'll go to 1400 for 5 seconds, then down to 1100 like normal. When I'm warm idling it's back to 650.

Try the Idle Reset/Pedal Reset and then if your CEL is still on, disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for 1 hr. I did that and my CEL is gone (haven't driven much but I hope it doesn't come back).

The idle reset fixed my warm idle (back to 650) but my cold idle is still weird. I know my throttlebody's fine because my car drives fine. Maybe I should try an ECU Reset as well?

Tolboothwilley™ 01-17-2013 12:25 AM

#1) reset the ECU
#2) perform the idle relearn test again - it might not be holding the proper rpm

during idle relearn procedure let it idle at the 650 mark for 30 sec before revving or driving

Hiro 01-18-2013 07:08 AM

I had the same problem when I did some mods with my intake. I kept throwing that P0507 code as well. Turns out I was running lean and needed to get a tune to fix the problem. I ended up going with Uprev and getting it tuned with Osiris on a dyno. That fixed my issue. Some people will say that you don't need a tune. All I can tell you is that I did need a tune to fix the issue. My air fuel mix ratio was off and could have caused problems if I didn't get the tune. I was running lean and that wasn't good.

Not everyone throws a code when the do intake mods. I did and needed it fixed. If you do the ECU reset and throttle reset multiple times, but it still doesn fix the problem, I'd suggest a tune.

Ouija 01-18-2013 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by djhiro (Post 6675512)
I had the same problem when I did some mods with my intake. I kept throwing that P0507 code as well. Turns out I was running lean and needed to get a tune to fix the problem. I ended up going with Uprev and getting it tuned with Osiris on a dyno. That fixed my issue. Some people will say that you don't need a tune. All I can tell you is that I did need a tune to fix the issue. My air fuel mix ratio was off and could have caused problems if I didn't get the tune. I was running lean and that wasn't good.

Not everyone throws a code when the do intake mods. I did and needed it fixed. If you do the ECU reset and throttle reset multiple times, but it still doesn fix the problem, I'd suggest a tune.

Well my CEL went away and hasn't come back, but my car seems fine now, idling at 650 again after the ECU reset and the throttle reset. I was thinking of getting a tune anyways because JDS motoring in Central Jersey has a special going on for $500 for an uprev tune.

His tunes are usually $600, how much did you pay for yours? I want to see if its reasonable or not.

Hiro 01-19-2013 02:35 AM

I work overseas and shipped my G back in 04 to Germany. Now, I'm in the UK. I just got my car tuned for the first time this past summer. They charged me 400 british pounds. That's way more than $500-600. I'm not the best example. Hopefully others can comment on their prices better than I.