G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction-19/)
-   -   2004 g35 coupe misfire and now it wont start (https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/465351-2004-g35-coupe-misfire-now-wont-start.html)

Anythings686 12-02-2018 04:27 PM

2004 g35 coupe misfire and now it wont start

I was driving on a freeway and suddenly my car started shaking. I knew it was a misfire because it happened to me 3 times already and had replaced 4 out of 6 coilpacks. I was going to replace all 6 but it was too expensive for all so i waited till all of the old ones burns out. Before i would drive the car on limp mode to try to get home and fix the problem there. But this time, when the misfire happened i kept driving it to try to get home but when i was driving the car in forth gear 2k rpm, the car shut it self off. I saw the slip light on and other lights pops in and my rpm went to zero. I knew my car died so i stopped. I tried turning it back on but the car wouldnt start. My previous misfire happened at the same freeway but i was able to drive it back. It was weird how it happened around the same area. Anyways i tried cranking the car but it wouldnt start. The security light stayed on, slip, and other lights on the dash board. But there was no check engine light. Eventually my battery died from cranking it a lot of times. I got the car towed home, and the nxt morning i tried jump starting it but it didnt turn on. I tried to diagnose it but i was getting no codes at all. The car should start even with one faulty coilpack. I checked the burned coilpack and saw the new one was burned. In the past 3 months, i had to replace 4 coilpacks. But this time the new one burned out. It was the 6 cylinder. Please help, how do i prevent my car from burning coilpacks??? Also how do i get my car to start?? Before starting it with blown coilpack wasnt a problem. Also why did the car shut it self all of a sudden?

King_jayrod65 04-15-2024 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Anythings686 (Post 7156449)
I was driving on a freeway and suddenly my car started shaking. I knew it was a misfire because it happened to me 3 times already and had replaced 4 out of 6 coilpacks. I was going to replace all 6 but it was too expensive for all so i waited till all of the old ones burns out. Before i would drive the car on limp mode to try to get home and fix the problem there. But this time, when the misfire happened i kept driving it to try to get home but when i was driving the car in forth gear 2k rpm, the car shut it self off. I saw the slip light on and other lights pops in and my rpm went to zero. I knew my car died so i stopped. I tried turning it back on but the car wouldnt start. My previous misfire happened at the same freeway but i was able to drive it back. It was weird how it happened around the same area. Anyways i tried cranking the car but it wouldnt start. The security light stayed on, slip, and other lights on the dash board. But there was no check engine light. Eventually my battery died from cranking it a lot of times. I got the car towed home, and the nxt morning i tried jump starting it but it didnt turn on. I tried to diagnose it but i was getting no codes at all. The car should start even with one faulty coilpack. I checked the burned coilpack and saw the new one was burned. In the past 3 months, i had to replace 4 coilpacks. But this time the new one burned out. It was the 6 cylinder. Please help, how do i prevent my car from burning coilpacks??? Also how do i get my car to start?? Before starting it with blown coilpack wasnt a problem. Also why did the car shut it self all of a sudden?

did you ever figure this out? Mine rev up is doing the same thing but isn’t cool pack related. It throws p1084 exhaust timing sensor. I replaced the sensor with oem and still won’t start