First odd issue in an EX.... continuous beep when applying the brakes in bad weather

Old 02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation First odd issue in an EX.... continuous beep when applying the brakes in bad weather

Today we went out to take care of a few things. It's snowing pretty hard here. We stopped in a shopping center, got lunch, and hit a few stores. We got back to the car, and it was covered in snow and ice. We started driving, and each time we applied the brakes, there was a loud continuous beep sound (think a computer when you leave something on the keyboard and the computer starts making a loud continuous beep).

We pulled over and figured it out. The EX35 has parking sensors not only on the back, but also on the front bumper. Every time you apply the brakes, the front sensor checks to see if there is anything immediately in front of you. What happened was, is the snow melted and froze over the parking sensors in the front. I cleared the ice, and that fixed the issue. I reproduced the sound by putting my hand in front of the sensor when someone was stepping on the brakes.

I wonder if there is a way to disable them in bad weather. This would be extremely annoying when driving in a blizzard.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Thats crazy.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Interesting. If that's the case, you would certainly think the feature could be disabled somehow.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GodWhomIsMike
Today we went out to take care of a few things. It's snowing pretty hard here. We stopped in a shopping center, got lunch, and hit a few stores. We got back to the car, and it was covered in snow and ice. We started driving, and each time we applied the brakes, there was a loud continuous beep sound (think a computer when you leave something on the keyboard and the computer starts making a loud continuous beep).

We pulled over and figured it out. The EX35 has parking sensors not only on the back, but also on the front bumper. Every time you apply the brakes, the front sensor checks to see if there is anything immediately in front of you. What happened was, is the snow melted and froze over the parking sensors in the front. I cleared the ice, and that fixed the issue. I reproduced the sound by putting my hand in front of the sensor when someone was stepping on the brakes.

I wonder if there is a way to disable them in bad weather. This would be extremely annoying when driving in a blizzard.

I know how you feel, I was going mad with that noise! Just push a button right above your left knee to turn off the sensors. The button will be a picture of the car with showing sonar waves from the front and back.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by hullio
I know how you feel, I was going mad with that noise! Just push a button right above your left knee to turn off the sensors. The button will be a picture of the car with showing sonar waves from the front and back.

Thank you.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:23 AM
thats odd. never heard of the car doing that

Old 02-26-2008, 10:55 PM
lane departure warning

Old 03-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Same exact thing we have in the lr3. We have to constantly turn off the sensors in the winter.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:39 AM
Help wanted please

Hi

I have similar problem wih my ford galaxy 2011 60 plate while driving suddenly the front sensor came on with the long constant beep and this happeneds everytime i touch or press then brake pedal and its goes on for about 4 seconds and then off and when ok traffic its more annoying i cleaned up the sensorsto make sure nothing is on them and it happened on the hottest day of the year in London please help....also if there is away to switch it off i will appreciate it it...ford galaxy 2011 60 reg plate...please any ideas how to fix the problem thank you....