OH CRAP! Today's my 9 year wedding anniversary... what to get her?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neffster
Actually I think I'll just show her the DIAMOND audio speakers I just bought for myself.

UPDATE- Good news... the wife called and said "you better not get anything for me until Friday. I had a crazy week and don't have your gift yet. Instead of spending a bunch of money on me, can you take me clothes shopping on Friday afternoon and then out to a nice dinner afterwards?"

I was like heck yeah! I'm totally off the hook and she gets what she wants. Win - Win!!! My parents are watching the kids all night so we're all set! (Dodged a bullet there)...
Neff, Since you got off easy for No. 9, you can start saving for No. 10. Here's what I did for No. 10, her FX. It's oh so nice to finally have something to hold over her head for a change. Oh, and the picture next to it is what she gave me in return.

Please don't tell me that there's only one picture. That's the point!

Attached Thumbnails OH CRAP!  Today's my 9 year wedding anniversary... what to get her?-fx35a.jpg  
Old 08-18-2005, 08:02 AM
But I got her the Sequioa for her b-day present (and it was a total surprise) in 2001. I think we'll keep that for a while. It's too nice to trade in and it's almost 100% paid for.

Good advice for the young, unmarried guys. NEVER buy your wife an expensive b-day, anniversary or Christmas present. You'll always feel like you have to out do yourself and it gets tough after a few years.

Just save the nice presents as "random surprise gifts". It will make your life much easier...

Old 08-19-2005, 01:00 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Demonteverde321
Wow, Randy...i'm going to remember that one for my future wife, but finish what you were going to say regarding the second vase (my un romantic brain can't finish the rest).

Neff, good save. Glad to hear things went your way.
I did finish..."the first vase represents my life before you, the second with(you)..." I guess the second YOU isn't necessary and sounds more poetic (romantic)...I guess I could have said, "the first vase represents my life without you, the second with...

I love my wife so much but it gets harder and harder to come up with new things every year...