Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

rb26 motor in a G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
screw that, ... i would just build a bad a$$ VK45DD, toss it in my G, and blow that thing outta the water!!

plus i wouldn't have to worry about all the "wiring" from an american motor to my import!! LOL

Old 07-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nolimit your last thread!!!!!!!!!!

100% with you!!!!! But Why a Vk45? with a build vq35 you will ,and still blow that American V8 Plus no wiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If someone wants a American V8 why buy a g in first place????????
For me "NISSAN ALL THE WAY"
As far as I know theres no street Vq35de running 25+ psi of boost without headlift.I know I know that will be something of the past really soon! but for now.... rb engines still rules !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Javier; 07-19-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Ugh. YOu guys mean transplanting a RB or a VK won't involve extensive wiring? Riight.

Oh a here is a clue. That LS7? *whisper* those are the s-t-o-c-k *whisper* stats. It's also lighter and shrorter than a fully dressed RB26DETT

Old 07-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Jeff !!!!!!!

I think I explain my point very clear!!!!!!! custom means wiring, but if stand alone ecu is used means GUESS what LESS wiring!!!!!!!!....IF you like that engine so much just sell your G and buy a VETTE.When you do that bring it here so I can blow your VETTE doors with my stock block RB26 IN A OLD Z(1988 300zx)at a fraction of the cost$$$$ of your MIGTHY V8 VETTE engine

Old 07-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Red Card Crew

HAHA. You can stand alone the LS series and guess what? They sell kits that do just that. So it's actually no custom wiring

If you like the RB that much, just buy a Skyline

I can put the LS7 engine into an old RX7 too. And then?

Old 07-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Jeff

I love Rb engines thats why I already used 2 of those engines in my cars!!!!NO NEED TO BUY SKYLINE GTR I know you can put a V8 into old rx7 the thing is for you to do it and to race me need to do the swap first!!!!!! : I already have the careek: I will love to see you triying to double or even triple the hp out of a stock LS7 engine(RB engines already done numerous times)I dont want to be a dick you just have to understand that all of Japanese high power small displacement engines are stronger ,better build and rev (90% of people love high reving engines+ power) alot higher than those big V8.Reduce the LS7 diplacment from 5.7 to 2.6 and try to extrac 600whp as i did from my rb26 ..when you do that!!!just call mebe waiting

Old 07-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Red Card Crew

hp is hp. Why build to make 600hp when a few na mods to the LS6 will probably get you close to that? Plus almost 500ftlbs torque. The aluminium block is also alot lighter. It's also probably smaller. Add a magnunson supercharger and we are talking 700hp with low boost with a ton of reliabilty to boot.

But you are right, I've not done this swap nor do I have plans in the near future to do so.

I mean a turbo rotary gets 255hp out of 1.3 liters. But I'm not really impressed with the hp/liter. Nor does it make my want for one.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
hp is hp. Why build to make 600hp when a few na mods to the LS6 will probably get you close to that? Plus almost 500ftlbs torque. The aluminium block is also alot lighter. It's also probably smaller. Add a magnunson supercharger and we are talking 700hp with low boost with a ton of reliabilty to boot.

But you are right, I've not done this swap nor do I have plans in the near future to do so.

I mean a turbo rotary gets 255hp out of 1.3 liters. But I'm not really impressed with the hp/liter. Nor does it make my want for one.
I don't think a few na mods will get you to 600WHP (I could be wrong). Maybe if your lucky 600HP to the crank. Javier's says his RB puts down 600HP to the wheels.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Red Card Crew

Great. A fully built turbo engine vs a NA stock engine w/ a few na mods.

Originally Posted by silver g
I don't think a few na mods will get you to 600WHP (I could be wrong). Maybe if your lucky 600HP to the crank. Javier's says his RB puts down 600HP to the wheels.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Jeff

I fully understand your point , the thing is that rb26 is alot stronger than a LS7 period !!!power vs power completly stock sure the LS7 has more HP But who do a swap to leave everything stock!!!. A rb26 vs LS7 swap in a G ?????? I bet $100 that rb26 is easier + still a import engine in a import car even more a skyline gtr engine in a G35

Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Red Card Crew

It's alot longer and alot heavier. Add the IC stuff plumbing and it's more weight. It's a great engine no doubt.

The infiniti engineers went to great pains to try to engineer a well balanced car. Unfortunately it already comes with a compact aluninum V6. So almost anything you swap is going to be heavier. The all aluminum LS7 just minimizes that penalty. The RB26 does not in weight or configuration.

Maybe one shouldn't be asking why put a LS7 into a G but why put a heavy iron block I6 into a well designed chassis and ruin the dynamics. If straight line power is the only desire, I don't think the G is the best choice.

I don't care one bit that the LS7 is "domestic" and that the G is an "import". It's like those FD RX7 retards bitching that their beloved rotary time bombs are being replaced by LS1 and LS2s. Just as light and makes tons more torque. The only thing they got left to say is "you took out the 'soul' of the car". Soul? BS! The took out the problem and installed the solution!

This is all IMHO of course.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Jeff are you crazy?????

You said is a mistake to swap a Vq35 (light engine) for a rb26de(heavy engine)because will ruinng the cars balance!!!!!!!! then you compare a 1.3 liter rotary engine(really light engine with all accesories intalled )to a LS1 engine(a lot heavier than the rotary) and said is a solution for a trully light car!!!!!! damm you are crazy. for the G is bad but for rx7 is good???? If I was going to swap a rotary engine for a piston engine I will use sr20det engine really light a can be as powerfull(450whp stock block ) as one of those LS engine!!!!!!! How much difference in weight a fully built Vq with a twin turbo+ intercooler vs rb26 single turbo + intercooler???? I said around 250lbs over the VQ. So this weight in a street(not track or road race car) car like a G35 (upgrade the sway bars ) and no every body will feel the diference JUST MAKE SURE WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR CAR TO HAVE THE DOORS LOCK WHEN I PASS YOU WITH MY RB26 ENGINE!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been done in a 350z rb26 here in miami the shop was premierepower.com It ran the guy with standalone full swap injectors fuel pump tune 680rwp $30,000.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Red Card Crew

FD RX7 LS1 swap front/rear balance. With the battery put in the rear, the weight balance was very close to stock.

Now swap a heavy and long RB26DETT with all the turbos, intercoolers and tubing and report back what the weight dist would be.

Now I never said a RB swapped into a G WOULDN'T be fast. Just wouldn't make too much sense IMHO. You have to remember, the I6 is going to hang out in front much further than a V6. Approximately 3 cylinders longer.

A twin turbo 13b with all the IC crap is NOT light.

The LS series is LIGHTER than a fully dressed I6 iron block RB series. AND it's V config is a package for balance. You REALLY want to dispute this?

I'm sorry but a wound out SR20 with a laggy huge turbo is NOT going to be the same as a LS7 with 450+ft lbs torque. ALOT of it available before 2,000 rpm.

Originally Posted by Javier
You said is a mistake to swap a Vq35 (light engine) for a rb26de(heavy engine)because will ruinng the cars balance!!!!!!!! then you compare a 1.3 liter rotary engine(really light engine with all accesories intalled )to a LS1 engine(a lot heavier than the rotary) and said is a solution for a trully light car!!!!!! damm you are crazy. for the G is bad but for rx7 is good???? If I was going to swap a rotary engine for a piston engine I will use sr20det engine really light a can be as powerfull(450whp stock block ) as one of those LS engine!!!!!!! How much difference in weight a fully built Vq with a twin turbo+ intercooler vs rb26 single turbo + intercooler???? I said around 250lbs over the VQ. So this weight in a street(not track or road race car) car like a G35 (upgrade the sway bars ) and no every body will feel the diference JUST MAKE SURE WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR CAR TO HAVE THE DOORS LOCK WHEN I PASS YOU WITH MY RB26 ENGINE!!!!!!

Last edited by Jeff92se; 07-20-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Jeff, wrong again !!!!!!!!

How could a LS engine be ligther than a 13b or at least close to the weight?????? or weight distribution be really close to a 13b with just moving the battery to tha back?????????
Now you are changing the real issue here of the rb26 in a g swap!!!for a 13b vs LS engine in a RX7.If you think a sr20det engine with 450whp will have a huge lag!!!!!WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!but if thats the case ,just spray a 75+hp shot of NOS(just to cut lag or just to beat the crap of a VETTE )AND SAY BYE!!!!!!!!! TO EVERYONE TRIYING TO CATCH YOU ,and still be lighter and be real close to stock weight distribution of the RX7.AND to finish with you you will see under the hood just a small 2.0 liter stock block sr20det engine t that is double of the stock power with stock internals,try that on a LS engine
Ok now go to SP ENGENERING AND TELL ALEX (OWNER OF SP)THAT HE MADE A MISTAKE OF SWAP THE 13B ENGINE FOR A J2Z (INLINE SIX)SUPRA ENGINE!!!!!!!!! oh MY GOD I WILL LOVE TO SEE THAT!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: rb26 motor in a G35?