G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-induction-24/)
-   -   Noobs mod Qs for Twin Turbo (https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-induction/144310-noobs-mod-qs-twin-turbo.html)

ShawnSYJ 03-11-2007 07:37 AM

Noobs mod Qs for Twin Turbo

Hi everyone!!:)
I got my 04 G coupe like couple dayz ago i just hab a noob Qs to ask for TT kits.

I sold my bike and got $6k but then do not knoe itz possible to get TT kits

wit that money.....

Or is it possible to get TT if i put $1500 more??:confused: (with install)

I really need your advice....

Thanks!!:)

*(I live in Norcal and looking for good shop to mod my car so plz tell me which shop is good at engine mods. Thanks!:) )

Alan 03-11-2007 08:48 AM

if all you can cough up is 7500 you are better off not doing it. it sounds like a vortech supercharger is more in range for you.

papiloco21 03-11-2007 09:33 AM

donts you knoez you gotz ta pay to playz sonnnnnn

usingthejohn 03-11-2007 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by ShawnSYJ
I got my 05 G coupe like 5months ago i just hab a noob Qs to ask for TT kits.

wit that money.....

*(I live in Norcal and looking for good shop to mod my car so plz tell me which shop is good at engine mods. Thanks!:) )

I was in the same boat as you, so i used the "search" function for 6 hrs a day (LOL). The conclusion I came to is that while you can get the actual KIT for $6000 (possibly cheaper if you shop around), there's other components needed to complete the kit...even if you stay low on boost (around 6psi or so). A free flowing exhaust would be needed to help prevent boost drop (thanks, my350z.com), gauges (a/f, oil pressure, exhaust temp); you'd want to look into a clutch w/ higher clamping force, maybe a flywheel. Maybe the out of box tune would be sufficient, but if I were putting down the money for a turbo, I'd rather get a custom dyno tune.

After researching that, I decided that Vortech not only fit my immediate budget, but also has the flexibility for a bit more power w/ some additional parts and tuning. So I already ordered it, now I'm waiting to find the right car to put her on

Chrlesmd 03-11-2007 01:47 PM

Probably not w/ a TT, but I think there are some ST kits that are fairly complete for around $7k. You also have to look into tuning, dyno time, management systems, etc. The vortech is a good setup because it allows you to upgrade and it responds well to breathing mods.

Nismo G 03-11-2007 02:11 PM

Might be able to pick up a slightly used kit from my350z.com or even here...not sure if thats what your looking for. I would go with a vortech supercharger if i were you though. Alot better than a TT kit IMO.

-sean

617G 03-11-2007 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nismo G
I would go with a vortech supercharger if i were you though. Alot better than a TT kit IMO.

-sean

care to elaborate? :confused:

b00stedjustin 03-11-2007 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by ShawnSYJ
I got my 05 G coupe like 5months ago i just hab a noob Qs to ask for TT kits.

wit that money.....

with that money I would say you should only go single turbo or supercharger

b00stedjustin 03-11-2007 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nismo G
Might be able to pick up a slightly used kit from my350z.com or even here...not sure if thats what your looking for. I would go with a vortech supercharger if i were you though. Alot better than a TT kit IMO.

-sean

the power of what a tt kit or a single turbo kit can put up doesn't even compare to what a little sp kit can do. You max out with a sp kit at around 400 hp, while you can get 500 hp out of a single turbo kit and 800+ out of a tt setup. superchargers are easy, but turbo systems are way worth the extra work for the gains.

617G 03-11-2007 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
the power of what a tt kit or a single turbo kit can put up doesn't even compare to what a little sp kit can do. You max out with a sp kit at around 400 hp, while you can get 500 hp out of a single turbo kit and 800+ out of a tt setup. superchargers are easy, but turbo systems are way worth the extra work for the gains.

to get over 400whp safely, add in over 8k for a built engine, fuel return, clutch, etc...

and btw, 400whp is not the limit of a Vortech. I think you need to do some more research and check your sources. Go to my350z and search for Dsport, booger, and sentry65. Also check out leemik for ATI.

if the goal is 400whp, supercharger or ST is good enough. Granted the Vortech will be the slower of the three, but also the cheapest and safest.

I had a Vortech pushing just under 400 and decided I wanted more tq so I went with a built engine and a Greddy. Not everyone wants more, and a lot of people are happy with 400whp. It costs a lot of money to build the engine and go TT and some people just can't afford it or don't want to spend that kind of money. The most important thing in choosing the appropriate FI kit is deciding what your goals are. If you don't know what you want, you cannot make an educated decision on your FI venture.

meatbag 03-11-2007 07:20 PM

use the 6k to go to skool

617G 03-11-2007 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by meatbag
use the 6k to go to skool

lmao

ShawnSYJ 03-12-2007 04:07 AM

What is the average price for Vortech Supercharger kit?? (with install)

Thanks for advice!!:)

617G 03-12-2007 09:57 AM

Tuner kit with gauges, better emu, bigger injectors, and 3.12 pulley + tune I'd say around 7k.

ShawnSYJ 03-15-2007 04:11 AM

Thank you for your helps!!

But here is the my LAST Qs......

Which TT kit is the cheapest i can get wit install and dyno tune??:confused: