Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

STS Turbo Kit Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sillief00l
Are there any details on this you are wiling to share? The description of your situation seems to mimic that of others, and I am wondering if there is any mutual benefit that can be gained from sharing information. PM me if necessary. Thanks.

Nah the problem is not really the same as ours.. I think it's more of not meeting the power they are looking for. Come to think of it, it is like what you have been dealing were the TQ jump high but HP isn't there. Your case is different since you have an upgraded turbo and built motor running 14psi. The OP is just running low-mid boost I supposed. I ask to see the dyno so we can compare if this is the same graph as yours. Non of us had this problem running 6-8psi though...

OP:
Did you do a back to back dyno of it? You can't just have the car sit cold and start doing the pull. The turbo needs to be really warm before it can produce real power. It is not a problem on the street since once you are driving the car/turbo will always be hot.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FI'ed G
Nah the problem is not really the same as ours.. I think it's more of not meeting the power they are looking for. Come to think of it, it is like what you have been dealing were the TQ jump high but HP isn't there. Your case is different since you have an upgraded turbo and built motor running 14psi. The OP is just running low-mid boost I supposed. I ask to see the dyno so we can compare if this is the same graph as yours. Non of us had this problem running 6-8psi though...

OP:
Did you do a back to back dyno of it? You can't just have the car sit cold and start doing the pull. The turbo needs to be really warm before it can produce real power. It is not a problem on the street since once you are driving the car/turbo will always be hot.
I think I’m missing something. Can you give a little background info?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by 6spG
I think I’m missing something. Can you give a little background info?

lol I only know a little about the OP's car or client's car so I won't discuss it and let him post his finding and solution.

sillief00l car is also having problem with not meeting his WHP goals with his built motor and the upgraded STS kit but I'll also let him discuss it if he want it.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:50 PM
/\ There are more but these are current active member in G35Driver and My350Z.

1 Atheng/Fi'ed G (G35 Coupe)
2 Goosegoose ( G35 Coupe Built Motor)
3 Washwiz/6spG (G35)
4 GTF Unlimited (G35 Coupe)
5 g35driver2003 (G35 Sedan)
6 Daniel (350z)
7 TegraRacer134 (350z)
8 Sub Zero (350z)
9 CMyTailsBlink (350z Built Motor)
10 Ahsmo (350z)
11 ramairZ (350z)
12 BoozT (350z)
The only sedan

Old 07-23-2008, 08:31 AM
lol I only know a little about the OP's car or client's car so I won't discuss it and let him post his finding and solution.

sillief00l car is also having problem with not meeting his WHP goals with his built motor and the upgraded STS kit but I'll also let him discuss it if he want it.
Cool If anyone is running the STS with a built motor wants to PM me any info, that would be much appreciated. Reason is I going to build my motor sometime next year and would like to know if I should keep this kit or go a different direction. I know there is one guy on my350z hitting 521whp but I don't really like power curve. The owner said he was going to try the .58AR and see if that helped.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by 6spG
Cool If anyone is running the STS with a built motor wants to PM me any info, that would be much appreciated. Reason is I going to build my motor sometime next year and would like to know if I should keep this kit or go a different direction. I know there is one guy on my350z hitting 521whp but I don't really like power curve. The owner said he was going to try the .58AR and see if that helped.

PM CinMotorsports right away coz built motor with low compression piston that we see all the time with the TT kits won't really be beneficial to a Rear-Mount turbo. Sillief00l went through a lot so let us wait and see what will happen since he's waiting for his LAST and Final Turbo to try with his setup. The only difference is that his motor has a lower compression and I forgot what Cams he's using. CinMotorsports is using stock Cams with a higher compression motor.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:22 PM
PM CinMotorsports right away coz built motor with low compression piston that we see all the time with the TT kits won't really be beneficial to a Rear-Mount turbo. Sillief00l went through a lot so let us wait and see what will happen since he's waiting for his LAST and Final Turbo to try with his setup. The only difference is that his motor has a lower compression and I forgot what Cams he's using. CinMotorsports is using stock Cams with a higher compression motor.
I don't plan on building until next year so hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by then.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
I have huge clearance issues with my 06' 6MT coupe and a single turbo system. They have been resolved but I think this rear mounted system would have been far less head ache. My father is considering this system on his pickup truck, I really like what these guys have done. Out of the box thinking! Way to go STS!

Old 08-07-2008, 01:15 AM
no updates!?!?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:04 PM

Old 11-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Would love to see some updates because I am also thinking about using this turbo kit from STS...

Jeff

Old 11-17-2008, 01:29 AM
^ +1

I totally agree, this STS system seems like a very good idea assuming that clearance issues didn't arise from all that piping.

This would totally be something I could consider (am considering) to add performance. Seems like a lot less frustration other FI options... although the undisclosed problems here are frustrating to read through!! For a person whom is looking for moderate HP and Torque gains say the 400-450 range, this seems like a great option for people whom want to keep a stock block!

Any more information guys?

S.DUNN

Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 AM
If you have a couple of days to spare then read this.. lol

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...on-thread.html

Search here and MY350Z coz there are other sts owner.. The kit has been out for well over a year and there are probably over 15+ 350Z/G35 STS cars out there...

Old 03-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by G35R1Guy
Would love to see some updates because I am also thinking about using this turbo kit from STS...

Jeff
+1

In for the updates

Is this that guy on youtube TMCapital's G coupe?

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AImboLmu438&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AImboLmu438&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Last edited by tiguy99; 03-24-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 PM
lol.. You have resurrected all the STS thread that I know.. There are 2 more threads in MY350Z that you haven't resurrected, I'll be amazed if you can find them coz I tried and couldn't find it.. lol

By the way, that is Sillief00l car after upgrading the Turbo and FMIC...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STS Turbo Kit Install