Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Whats the common thought on SFR??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey GTM!! im wondering about how much i should do to my trans.. my goal is 500 low boost 600 high boost.. the 600 only being released at certain times.. is TC and VB the only things i should do? or go fully built? cuz im wanting this car to be reliable.. like take my kids to school, goto track and flog it, then pick them back up and be ok.. i want a 500hp daily driver basically...

Old 08-08-2008, 08:22 PM
haha thanks for your reply Sam. Im glad I got an answer from you. Maybe now you can send me some of my sensors(which Tim claimed was missing) wiring and my carbon fiber brake fluid cover. Its missing.. Remember I called you a couple months back(weeks after you released my car) and I asked them back from you... Im still waiting.

Youre right, my beef is with SFR and thats why I came out like this. I didnt say you do bad work or anything of the such... read my post again.

If everyone wants to see, I have no problem revealing my 300+ page report to everyone. Including forum posts and invoices. Yes you gave me pics. You also told me that this and that would be needed to fix my check engine light. I took it back to Tim and all we had to do was change the $250 flywheel which had a hairline crack in it. But ofcourse your a reputable shop wanting to charge me $17,000 instead. I brought my car to you already built and turbos put in. Everything was done besides a 3,000 fuel system. Like I said, I HAVE NO PROBLEM RELEASING ANYTHING!

I am now moving on and I have already purchased a new car. I decided rather than fixing up and dealing with problems, I rather buy fast and built well from the factory. As far as me doing this forum a good service and giving my positive input, I think that is 50% of what I have done of my 1800+ posts.

Before you start getting defensive Sam and putting me on blast, watch it because I have nothing to lose like you do. I understand your over head every month is great and that may be why you charge soo much. You guys do great work and were highly recommended. However, what happened when I came? Why was I treated like the way I was waiting around and parts missing, when I was a $17,000 quoted customer. Also, do you remember threatening me if the info you told me was leaked out? lol not very professional.... You do have the right to call your price but as a customer, then I have the right to demand service... All im saying is its a buyers market. BE careful everyone on here to put all work in writing before you get started so there are no surprises. Too much money and time later, I am learning from my mistakes and thats the positive I can give back to the boards.

If anyone has known me long enough, they know my "true colors" haha and character. I hope everything in the end works out best for everyone, including customers who dont always get what they deserve. I am tired of sugar coating stuff and defending shops at my expense. Enough is enough...

Old 08-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Last thing anyone needs in this economy is to not get what they paid for... As long as shops promise that, everyone is good. With less expendable income for many residents of this country, im looking out for everyone when I speak. I have the best intentions and if I get flagged by shops and customers, so be it. In the end of the day, I still have a faster car now than my $85,000 G35 ive waited 3 years total for. LoL and I paid less!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:27 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What car did you end up getting. Sorry to go OT, but 99% of the cars that GTM puts out will smoke just about anything unless you are rolling in an Enzo, or Bugatti.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Anyone who spent $85k on G35 def. did not do it right the first time.

Sheplex02- I would go with not just a TC and VB but the whole tranny upgrade as pushing that much power will also be pushing a lot of trq.
Better do it right the first time.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
What car did you end up getting. Sorry to go OT, but 99% of the cars that GTM puts out will smoke just about anything unless you are rolling in an Enzo, or Bugatti.
Same goes for you guys...I've seen some of the builds you guys have turned out on my350z...don't sell yourself short.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by urban
Anyone who spent $85k on G35 def. did not do it right the first time.
I assumed that Kamal was including the price of a G35 in that number. 35K for the car, and 40K in mods is doable, on the first round...we do it all the time. For instance, a nice BBK, wheels, tires, and coilovers is over 10K right there, by itself. It adds up quickly!

And a well put together machine like that, will dust just about anything on the road...and on circuit course as well.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I guess every shop you go to, there has to be atleast 1 customer in the past that is not happy, thats just how it is, and I guess in this situation Kamal was the unhappy customer. I read and I do see your situation, I do not feel or understand your situation because I wasn't in your shoes. I respect your opinion, but then I also have mine. Like I said many times, I have been through many shops and seeing many work, and wasted much money. In the end I end up at GTM which is now my shop for life as long as I'm boosted, especially with a vq. Sam had to deal with my car for many months, fixing mistakes other people did and upgrading many things, it has a been a long road now and the car is running outstanding and I don't regret anything. I guess your experience was your experience, you have your opinions and I have mine, just like other people do toward the shop. Although it will certainly not change my view for I respect Sam alot & have many good stories, good luck to you on whatever you're doing now/ or your new ride.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kamal34
haha thanks for your reply Sam. Im glad I got an answer from you. Maybe now you can send me some of my sensors(which Tim claimed was missing) wiring and my carbon fiber brake fluid cover. Its missing.. Remember I called you a couple months back(weeks after you released my car) and I asked them back from you... Im still waiting.

Youre right, my beef is with SFR and thats why I came out like this. I didnt say you do bad work or anything of the such... read my post again.

If everyone wants to see, I have no problem revealing my 300+ page report to everyone. Including forum posts and invoices. Yes you gave me pics. You also told me that this and that would be needed to fix my check engine light. I took it back to Tim and all we had to do was change the $250 flywheel which had a hairline crack in it. But ofcourse your a reputable shop wanting to charge me $17,000 instead. I brought my car to you already built and turbos put in. Everything was done besides a 3,000 fuel system. Like I said, I HAVE NO PROBLEM RELEASING ANYTHING!

I am now moving on and I have already purchased a new car. I decided rather than fixing up and dealing with problems, I rather buy fast and built well from the factory. As far as me doing this forum a good service and giving my positive input, I think that is 50% of what I have done of my 1800+ posts.

Before you start getting defensive Sam and putting me on blast, watch it because I have nothing to lose like you do. I understand your over head every month is great and that may be why you charge soo much. You guys do great work and were highly recommended. However, what happened when I came? Why was I treated like the way I was waiting around and parts missing, when I was a $17,000 quoted customer. Also, do you remember threatening me if the info you told me was leaked out? lol not very professional.... You do have the right to call your price but as a customer, then I have the right to demand service... All im saying is its a buyers market. BE careful everyone on here to put all work in writing before you get started so there are no surprises. Too much money and time later, I am learning from my mistakes and thats the positive I can give back to the boards.

If anyone has known me long enough, they know my "true colors" haha and character. I hope everything in the end works out best for everyone, including customers who dont always get what they deserve. I am tired of sugar coating stuff and defending shops at my expense. Enough is enough...

Ok your beef is with speed force racing, but you are back with more lies about our transaction, now if you had a ounce of common sense you should have realized, that our services were the only real value you have ever gotten, whether you liked the price or not, no body put a gun to your head, you authorized the work every step of the way, and our documentation proves that.

So according to your post you had a hair line crack on the fly wheel, that is it, and we wanted to charge you $17,000.00 unjustifiably? If that is the case why are you bad mouthing speed force racing , why did you have to buy a new car, and why did your second engine blow that was built by SFR, I don’t get it.

Let’s bring out this 300 page report and help our fellow members learn from your bad experience, since you choose to lie and twist the truth. That leaves us no choice but to show our side of the story -
our invoice has all the info needed for any one to realize that your car, had a lot more than a hair line crack on the fly wheel , this is you lying again.

The info below shows that your flywheel dowel pin was not there, all cam journals were severely damaged, engine bearings also were severely worn, engine was out of time. This engine that was supposedly freshly built has gone to hell and back a few times to say the least, but according to you it was only a hair line crack on the fly wheel.

For people that are not familiar with the speed force racing kit this is a vey custom turbo kit doing any work on the car will involve double the amount of labor comparing to the other bolt on turbo kits on the market.

SAM

GT MOTORSPORTS

Last edited by SAM@GTM; 08-09-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:46 PM
eh SAM
on the work orders that you posted... i would blur out his personal infos
i mean nobody want his car,vin#,home address,home phone,cell phone post on the internet for public view

Old 08-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Oh Wow that was very clearly stated Sam, that justifies it for me in my opinion. Kamal your negative comments were worthless and it sure does look like your troubles are with SFR.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by sharif@forged
I assumed that Kamal was including the price of a G35 in that number. 35K for the car, and 40K in mods is doable, on the first round...we do it all the time. For instance, a nice BBK, wheels, tires, and coilovers is over 10K right there, by itself. It adds up quickly!

And a well put together machine like that, will dust just about anything on the road...and on circuit course as well.
Yep Sharif I was including the price of the car, I spent 70k total
Sam I see you are very methodical with your paperwork as usual.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I need to hire Sam to keep my records.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Sam, thanks for posting all my personal info for everyone. all I gotta say is Karma sucks.... In the end of the day, your still an over priced mechanic. . Obviously you didnt read when I said,"You guys do great work and were highly recommended. However, what happened when I came? Why was I treated like the way I was waiting around and parts missing, when I was a $17,000 quoted customer."

ps. like I asked before, since you know my addy, "Maybe now you can send me some of my sensors(which Tim claimed was missing) wiring and my carbon fiber brake fluid cover. Its missing.. Remember I called you a couple months back(weeks after you released my car) and I asked them back from you... Im still waiting."

I understand that I signed everything every step of the way Sam. Can you read? Thats the only reason why my attorney's and I have not shut you down. I wish you the best, we all know you need it more than me. Dont you have deadlines to meet? I still need my stuff back.

Sharif, I bought an 07' E63 AMG.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Kamal34
Sharif, I bought an 07' E63 AMG.
Damn, that's a nice ride!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats the common thought on SFR??