G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-induction-24/)
-   -   Momentum turbo kit (https://g35driver.com/forums/forced-induction/431943-momentum-turbo-kit.html)

SUM1nATL 09-05-2013 10:07 PM

Momentum turbo kit

I just recently picked up a momentum turbo kit that was on a 350z for my g35. I was wondering if anyone might know which pipes will need to be altered to fit my car? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

superchargedg 09-06-2013 04:45 PM

Youll get better and more info on my350z then here.

Blue Dream 09-08-2013 06:30 AM

Moved to the appropriate sub-forum and OP you need to do a LOT of reading on this install.

Citacel 09-09-2013 08:23 AM

Non the kit for the 350z & G35 its the same , the momentum kit its actually pretty easy to install did you have the intructions , they will explain everything step by step , if you need them msg me i still have mine i can scan them and email them to you

SUM1nATL 09-09-2013 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Citacel (Post 6809708)
Non the kit for the 350z & G35 its the same , the momentum kit its actually pretty easy to install did you have the intructions , they will explain everything step by step , if you need them msg me i still have mine i can scan them and email them to you

He didn't have the instruction manual when I purchased it. Z1 was kind enough to email me the parts list so I could see what was missing. I've heard the kit for both cars are very similar but there was a pipe that needs to be altered. No one seems to be able to tell me which pipe that is. Thanks for the help I'll message you.

SUM1nATL 09-09-2013 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dream (Post 6809260)
Moved to the appropriate sub-forum and OP you need to do a LOT of reading on this install.

Yea I think I might have to leave it to the pros but wanted to try everything in place to try and ease costs. Last thing I was suppose to do was get a turbo but still have those psssh psssh dreams.

Jtrain 10-11-2013 11:55 PM

I'd expect none of the piping to work or line up.

SUM1nATL 10-13-2013 08:25 AM

I had a pretty good fabricator working on the car so we were able to make it work but they're were some differences. The car is done and was at z1 yesterday for dyno tuning only to find out that the spring in the wastegate needs to be changed for a lighter one. It's boosting too high and might blow my engine since it's stock so Jon let off after 4k. The previous owner of the kit was running on 14 lbs of boost apparently. Anyhow need to purchase a new spring for the tial wastegate any suggestions 8.7 or 10 or maybe lower?

Eno 10-13-2013 09:54 AM

Which motor do you have? If you're pre2005 with your MT (presumably) with the non rev then ~8... but with the Rev up I think 10 would be considered "safe."

I mean- you could blow it anyway... I know Red35 wound his revup to 13lbs on his stock block with a set of twins- and the guys that I trusted told me that rev's were good to 10.

The non revs, however... 10 would be pushing it. 8 would be "safer."

SUM1nATL 10-14-2013 11:06 PM

I have a 2005 with the rev up. I ordered the 5.8psi spring since I'm using my profec to turn up boost. I plan on staying between 7-9psi until I can save up and build the block

Drako 10-15-2013 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by SUM1nATL (Post 6826527)
I have a 2005 with the rev up. I ordered the 5.8psi spring since I'm using my profec to turn up boost. I plan on staying between 7-9psi until I can save up and build the block

If Jon at Z1 Motorsports is tuning your car... then you are in great hands and should have no problem running 8 to 10psi.

If you have Map Switching capability... setup a 8psi Tune and a 10psi tune and just daily drive the 8psi.

Tell Jon, Eric with the Blue G35 from Miami says Hi and that the car is still running strong... :drivingskid:

SUM1nATL 10-15-2013 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Drako (Post 6826587)
If Jon at Z1 Motorsports is tuning your car... then you are in great hands and should have no problem running 8 to 10psi.

If you have Map Switching capability... setup a 8psi Tune and a 10psi tune and just daily drive the 8psi.

Tell Jon, Eric with the Blue G35 from Miami says Hi and that the car is still running strong... :drivingskid:

Yea Jon is doing the tuning I will let him know you said hello hopefully, this Saturday if I can get the spring in time.

Sylvan lake V35 10-16-2013 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Eno (Post 6825933)
Which motor do you have? If you're pre2005 with your MT (presumably) with the non rev then ~8... but with the Rev up I think 10 would be considered "safe."

I mean- you could blow it anyway... I know Red35 wound his revup to 13lbs on his stock block with a set of twins- and the guys that I trusted told me that rev's were good to 10.

The non revs, however... 10 would be pushing it. 8 would be "safer."

They have the same bottom end so they can both hold the exact same amount of boost. My non-rev still holds the record for a stock engine as far as I know at 18psi and I know a few 15psi non-revs.....so by track record the non-revs have actually held more boost.

Personally I would have a low spring and have a 10psi tune as well, with how addicting boost is you will want more soon anyway so might as well get the 10psi tune now.

BuckeyHill 02-25-2021 10:08 AM

I know it’s a long shot BUT.....

Originally Posted by Citacel (Post 6809708)

wouldn’t still have those instructions laying around by chance! I’d kill for em right about now! Lol

BuckeyHill 12-04-2021 03:26 PM

Momentum Turbo Kit

Originally Posted by SUM1nATL (Post 6808209)
I just recently picked up a momentum turbo kit that was on a 350z for my g35. I was wondering if anyone might know which pipes will need to be altered to fit my car? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Honestky bro I had no idea the two kits were different! I’m curious the answer to your question myself. 😳 would you happen to have an installation manual with the kit (for G35), or did the seller lose his like I did? If by chance he did include the manual...do u think I could get a copy from you??? As I’m in the process of reinstalling mine after doing some heat shrilling upgrades. I didn’t actually install this kit the first time so I’m just trying to go from memory when we took this thing apart months ago!?