Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Best plenum for Vortech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 02:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best plenum for Vortech

I have wanted to know what is the best plenum for a V3 supercharged o6 g35 (revup engine, dynoed around 450 whp from ZCar Garage). I have done research and cannot find answers I'm looking for, hoping someone can help.
About the car; 06 G35 coupe, bought as is pretty done up: v3, Bassani exhaust, MD 5/16 spacer. I also have MD ART pipes and an MREV2 lower plenum from previous build ready to install. I also have an aluminum driveshaft to install, wanted to get everything done and dyno tuned at the same time.
Questions are:
-is that the best intake for this combo? I love the MD + MREV2 for my NA. I'm looking for more bottom torque, Vortech takes care of 4.5k and up. Money is not an issue, I will give up lower rom torque if the whole package is better (dyno whp is NOT the goal, an actual beast is!)
-is this too much for the rods? (82k on engine, 20k with SC, 6.8psi tune) plan on getting the engine done next year (driving it until then).
I know these questions seem redundant, but I would appreciate the help

Last edited by JKinser15; 07-24-2017 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Bad grammar
Old 07-24-2017, 12:06 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If you have the stock rotating assembly in that motor then yeah you're definitely pushing the edge of what it can handle.No idea on the intake manifold, Longer runners will get you more low end torque but I have never seen a dyno comparison for SC applications.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:17 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I wouldn't attempt adding Vortech extra pressure to a VQ motor with that kinda mileage! Look under "Engines" there's a company in Texas that has all the right stuff to build a new motor with the right c/r to withstand being supercharged and turn your ride into the beast you're looking for! This is exactly what I'd do if I intended to keep my coupe...Gary

Old 09-27-2017, 10:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i've seen a few guys drop S/C boost pressure a couple psi while raising power output 15-25hp with a kinetix velocity manifold (efficiency is the name of the game). That is the one I plan on getting at some point.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.