G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   Infiniti or Nissan? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/156833-infiniti-nissan.html)

romeyp 05-14-2007 11:17 AM

Infiniti or Nissan?

Just a simple question..........Would you have brought your car if it had been badged as a Nissan instead of Infiniti?

Yes it's made by the same company but we all know that some things have changed over the years since they introduced the Infiniti brand to make it their upscale line.

For me part of the appeal for buying the car was because it had the upscale name. I've owned Nissan's before so I have some experience with them in the past.

So there are two G35s sitting next to each other on the lot same color and packaging, exactly alike. One has Infiniti badging and the other has Nissan. Which do you drive off with?:icon43:

This is just hypothetical.

brown_fv 05-14-2007 11:18 AM

the one with the nissan badging was probably put on

Floyds_racing 05-14-2007 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by brown_fv
the one with the nissan badging was probably put on

lol

But I got to say Nissan thats why mine says Nissan!!! :D

joedaddy1 05-14-2007 11:38 AM

infiniti

b00stedjustin 05-14-2007 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by romeyp
Just a simple question..........Would you have brought your car if it had been badged as a Nissan instead of Infiniti?

Yes it's made by the same company but we all know that some things have changed over the years since they introduced the Infiniti brand to make it their upscale line.

For me part of the appeal for buying the car was because it had the upscale name. I've owned Nissan's before so I have some experience with them in the past.

So there are two G35s sitting next to each other on the lot same color and packaging, exactly alike. One has Infiniti badging and the other has Nissan. Which do you drive off with?:icon43:

This is just hypothetical.

The Infiniti one but I know how technically stupid it is. They are the same car both in the US and in Japan so whatever floats your boat. I have mine debadged as a skyline 350gt but have kept the mt. fuji symbols because i didn't have the heart to remove the infiniti emblems lol

DenverG35X 05-14-2007 11:44 AM

Infiniti - I like the upscale image that company has made it, not to mention that there are other details that make it special. Such as the service and customer support from the service department at the dealer.

maximumvette 05-14-2007 12:41 PM

I'd buy this if it were a Nissan. Some of my co-workers who know nothing about cars think people buy these cars because of the upper infiniti name. Although I've known that to be true in some cases I'd still buy this car if it were badged a Nissan. I just like the way if drives and don't care much about the name plate. It probably would be cheaper as well.

kevink 05-14-2007 01:19 PM

Would have bought this car as a Nissan, but I think it would have to be cheaper to make up the difference between Nissan/Infiniti (for instance, the local Nissan doesn't do loaners, claiming insurance issues).

ttrank 05-14-2007 01:23 PM

Yes I still would have. It better be a few $k less. ;)

Jeff92se 05-14-2007 01:30 PM

No.

Infiniti service > Nissan service.

omasica 05-14-2007 01:54 PM

if they were the same price, id take the infiniti, just because of the name

hai109 05-14-2007 02:00 PM

Infiniti...Sounds better and the emblems looks better...Not bashing on the Nissan tho...I would get a Nissan...