The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

My g35 brought back to life: Before and after wreck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My g35 brought back to life: Before and after wreck

Sup. Long story short..I let a close friend of mine borrowed my car ( i know that was my first mistake but i am just a nice guy helping a friend), some dude ran a red light and my friend hit him. He called and i thought he was just jk around than he kept on talking about it than i knew he was serious. i thought to myself o wells as long as noone was hurt, car could be fixed/upgraded =). Turns out the other driver didnt have insurance at the time of the accident. Well he had his insurance card but at the time of the accident he hadnt paid his monthly due for the past month or 2 and therefore his insurance denied my claim. So it was all on my insurance.

Car was in the shop for almost 6 weeks. At first they were like 2 weeks and car be out. I wanted to get the inven bumber with cf, cf hood, cf fenders, cf grill. Tried to get hold of Erik but couldnt and heard so many bad things about erik taking a long *** time due to high volume of orders, so i scrapped that inven. Ordered the cf hood and fenders from b2autodesign, great guy to do business with. Fast delivery. I placed order for cf rep gialla grill from dustin at m1auto, atfirst i thought everythign went thru with him and my bodyshop. My bodyshop said they paid for it and it was 2 weeks and half weeks and still havent recieved it yet. i tried numerous times to get a hold of dustin and his boss no luck. When i finally got hold of him, he said they never charge the card b/c they didnt accept discover. So i had to go find a grill myself. Found a member on here from dallas and he drove to houston to drop off. Thanks txaaron.

Next mod:

Get a lip for the sports bumber preferably cf. anyone selling one for the 06 sports bumber?

i already got 20" iforged vip wheels, just need tires.. anyone selling tires?

and get a drop and paint the headlight black or get it the cf headlight and be done with my car

Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails My g35 brought back to life: Before and after wreck-img_0353.jpg   My g35 brought back to life: Before and after wreck-img_0354.jpg   My g35 brought back to life: Before and after wreck-img_0419.jpg   My g35 brought back to life: Before and after wreck-img_0426.jpg  
Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car looks great. I can't believe that M1Auto never contacted you about not taking Discover. That's pretty ****ty if you ask me. They should have called you and let you know so you could give them a different form of payment.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Nice recovery TakeV, it's a shame in todays environment you can't order a part and expect to have it delivered within a reasonable time frame. You'd think they'd need sales? When I ordered my HKS exhaust I asked the salesperson if they were in stock....Oh yea, was the answer. Two weeks later I called them and inquired about my system....it hadn't been sent yet! I was
so pissed (and let them know) it was delivered the very next day. There are times when it pays to stand up for what you know is right. Like don't tell me they're in stock when there not....
Gary

Old 06-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Car looks good man. I am glad you actually painted your carbon fenders, unlike most members.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks good man, good job. Justs dont let him drive your car no more.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gary c
Nice recovery TakeV, it's a shame in todays environment you can't order a part and expect to have it delivered within a reasonable time frame. You'd think they'd need sales? When I ordered my HKS exhaust I asked the salesperson if they were in stock....Oh yea, was the answer. Two weeks later I called them and inquired about my system....it hadn't been sent yet! I was
so pissed (and let them know) it was delivered the very next day. There are times when it pays to stand up for what you know is right. Like don't tell me they're in stock when there not....
Gary
^^^^ true people will tell you anything just to make a sell even when they don't have them in stock..been through that a few times..had to cancel my order after about waiting 2-3 weeks,when I was told it was in stock..