The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which car do think is better?
Hyundai Genesis
8.67%
G35
91.33%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinions on Genesis>G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by AustinG35
Has anyone discussed the resale value of an Infiniti vs. a Hyundai?
Granted, I do like the pics of the black Genesis coupe, have you noticed most of Hyundai's cars look like other manufacturers cars? Elantra - Honda Civic, Azera - Mercedes, previous body-style Sonata - Jaguar, Genesis - G35, and the new Hyundai Optima commercial, I thought I was looking at the Acura TL at first. (Unfortunately that was a Kia commercial, Hyundai's "sister" company.)

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
And the G37 looks like a Solara. Your point?

Old 02-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
^ ur crazy the g37 does not look like the solara but the new sonatas do

Old 02-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by saywat?
^ ur crazy the g37 does not look like the solara but the new sonatas do
Well, you own a G so your opinion are a bit biased. When the G37 first came out, everyone said it look like a Solara. And it does.

In this forum, everything that may "kinda" look like an Infinit, people will say, THEY COPY US!

Then if you go outside the forum, the guys in a BMW forum will say, LOL, the G37 looks like a Solara.

Just how it is.

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 02-09-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
People need to get off their high horse over their glorified Nissan. How high end do you really think your car is... you have a freaking tape deck for crying out loud. I have had 2 G35s and 1 G37 and modified the hell out of all of them. I can tell you right now that the new 2011 Sonata completely shits all over the G35 in terms of comfort, mpg, price, insurance, features, interior, and quality. My G37 was a better competitor and beats out the Sonata in some areas (just power and interior)...but for 15k more it should. But I would still take a Sonata over a G37 (and I did).

I loved my cars, dont get me wrong. But they are over priced for what they offer. If the Sonata was RWD it wouldnt even be a competition. I promise you with acouple small CHEAP mods, the Sonata can easily spank a G35 as well.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
hyundais and kias are making some nice cars lately and im sure they're quality cars. but ima need a few more years until id actually own one

Old 02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
People need to get off their high horse over their glorified Nissan. How high end do you really think your car is... you have a freaking tape deck for crying out loud. I have had 2 G35s and 1 G37 and modified the hell out of all of them. I can tell you right now that the new 2011 Sonata completely shits all over the G35 in terms of comfort, mpg, price, insurance, features, interior, and quality. My G37 was a better competitor and beats out the Sonata in some areas (just power and interior)...but for 15k more it should. But I would still take a Sonata over a G37 (and I did).

I loved my cars, dont get me wrong. But they are over priced for what they offer. If the Sonata was RWD it wouldnt even be a competition. I promise you with acouple small CHEAP mods, the Sonata can easily spank a G35 as well.
Calm down man. Some people here are a little hard headed. They haven't driven any other cars so they are a bit biased in their judgment.

Speaking of spanking the G35, there is a video of a Hyundai Genesis with it's original motor (obviously tuned and modded, spanking the G35 with a V8 Titan motor in a drift competition. LOL

Old 02-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by saywat?
hyundais and kias are making some nice cars lately and im sure they're quality cars. but ima need a few more years until id actually own one
Funny how some people bash Hyundai and Kia's, but when it's time for new tires, they go cheap and get Hankooks. lol

"I own an Infinti, I'm a baller man. Oh crap, I need new tires. I'll buy them used instead". LOL

Old 02-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

My Dad's Lexus LS430 has a tape deck too.. what's your point?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Calm down man. Some people here are a little hard headed. They haven't driven any other cars so they are a bit biased in their judgment.

Speaking of spanking the G35, there is a video of a Hyundai Genesis with it's original motor (obviously tuned and modded, spanking the G35 with a V8 Titan motor in a drift competition. LOL
I am not heated. This whole forum has greatly gone downhill because of retards who think their 8 year old 12,000 dollar nissan is the end all of cars. I have owned 14 different cars now from almost every manufacture. I caught so much grief of the LS1 forums when I sold my Procharged Firebird Formula for a 3000GT VR4 and it was almost as bad when I sold my VR4 for a Jeep Wrangler.

I have no loyalty of any brand, I buy what I want or believe is best. It is hard for people to admit thier Infiniti luxury car has been outclassed by a Hyaundi for half the MSRP. Just like when Porsche threw a hissy fit when the GTR beat their lap record.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
This whole forum has greatly gone downhill because of retards who think their 8 year old 12,000 dollar nissan is the end all of cars.
This.
the older G35's can be had for so cheap lol

I mean i love my G35 coupe, but cmon now, you gotta be realistic sometimes and open your eyes. Honestly, if those Sonata's or Genesis Coupe's were branded Infiniti, Lexus or whatever other company, no one would be hating -_-

Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Exactly. I love cars, plain and simple and dont care who makes them. I dont see how people with old dated G35s can talk down to a car that clearly out classes them in every way.

I loved my G35.... 8 years ago when it was a decent car. Times moved on and people didnt.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
no matter what you say v36>sonata

Old 02-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Wow, whoseurbuddie, you look like a real child in this thread. I once respected you for how long you've been a part of this forum. Now you're just a bitter *****.

BTW, not sure if you're ever looked into this but have you seen dyno sheets for Hyundai and what they actually make?

Their "306" hp gen coupe only makes about 220 at the wheels, while infiniti's 280hp makes around 230-250 at the wheels. Don't you think the "274" hp Sonata will put down something like 200? I know so. That, along with ****ty turbos and and ugly exterior makes for a slow and ugly car that drives like a Kia... I mean Hyundai.

Get off your high horse about saving money and buy something worth it, if you think that's a Sonata, then sell your car and go buy one.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exactly. I love cars, plain and simple and dont care who makes them. I dont see how people with old dated G35s can talk down to a car that clearly out classes them in every way.

I loved my G35.... 8 years ago when it was a decent car. Times moved on and people didnt.
So whats your point... it's kind of sad that an old car that has a 100k miles can take on a brand new Hyundai with what ever blah blah blah drivetrain warranty it has.

G35 was made 8 years ago and it still performs just as well as a Genesis would. That means that it took Hyundai 8 extra years to come up with something that Nissan made almost a decade ago.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would love to be your first opponent after your cheap mods. And just because a car is old doesn't mean that it's obsolete. Especially if it's only been 8 years.

Also I'm not naive, the G35 isn't the fastest thing out there. There are a ton of cars that would destroy it. But definitely not a Sonata.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Genesis>G35