G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   Intelligent key FOB dying out?? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/300644-intelligent-key-fob-dying-out.html)

atn_chargers 08-04-2009 01:05 PM

Intelligent key FOB dying out??

Hey guys, I've been having trouble locking/unlocking my g35 with the key FOB last week. I had to get really close to the car to lock/unlock it. This week, it completely stopped working. My initial thought was that the battery had died out. But the weird thing is that I can still lock/unlock my car by pressing the button on my door handle, and I can also still start my car without the key in the ignition. So I'm totally stumped. Any ideas?

SxSkyLinexS 08-04-2009 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by atn_chargers (Post 4449045)
Hey guys, I've been having trouble locking/unlocking my g35 with the key FOB last week. I had to get really close to the car to lock/unlock it. This week, it completely stopped working. My initial thought was that the battery had died out. But the weird thing is that I can still lock/unlock my car by pressing the button on my door handle, and I can also still start my car without the key in the ignition. So I'm totally stumped. Any ideas?

i don't know if this is true for g35' but im pretty sure its the same mechanism. the beamer key usually lasts 6 months and they give you two to switch off.

it recharges itselfs within those 6 months

atn_chargers 08-04-2009 01:14 PM

It recharges itself? That sounds a little far fetched. Where did you hear this from?

SxSkyLinexS 08-04-2009 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by atn_chargers (Post 4449070)
It recharges itself? That sounds a little far fetched. Where did you hear this from?

friend has a m6. those beamer people went over the WHOLE car before they sold it to him i was right there to drive his old car back

just googled it and there is an acutal battery in the infiniti g35 keyfobs :] sorry no recharging for you

PublicEnemy 08-04-2009 03:19 PM

Try putting the fob in your pocket. I know if I try and unlock the car with the fob too close to the door/trunk/etc it won't work. It needs to be at least a foot or so away from the car before it will allow you to unlock/lock the car using the button on the door.

atn_chargers 08-04-2009 04:01 PM

I've tried that. I think the battery is dead. I just don't understand how it's still able to let me start the car without putting the actual key in the ignition.

RADIOGUY21 08-04-2009 04:30 PM

most likely needs a new battery, they are 3 bucks. The i-key does not recharge itself. My i-key started acting up like yours recently and replacing the 2 year old battery fixed it. The signal transmitted for the unlock/lock/trunk/alarm buttons uses alot more battery power than the signal used to tell the i-key system you are near or inside the car, that may explain the problem you are having.

Hiney 08-04-2009 05:42 PM

Get a new bttery, mine has never worked the same since I put a RF car starter in the G if you have one that could be the problem?

dockersguy 08-04-2009 05:50 PM

I will second what radioguy21 said about the different amount of battery power used. That sounds most logical. Aside from all that, go get a new battery when your key FOB still works. Save yourself some hassle in the future.

Ggosht 08-04-2009 06:53 PM

same problem here tryed to recharge it but nuthin change!

gary c 08-05-2009 11:16 AM

This is almost comical, just get a new battery and see what results you get. Mine is 5 years old and still works from a distance of 100 yards, it must recharge itself when I'm asleep....:biggthumpup:
Gary

blaccG35 08-05-2009 12:01 PM

^ hahahaha same thing happen to me but i changed the battery but it got a lil better

RADIOGUY21 08-05-2009 02:09 PM

i thought the i-key light on the dash is supposed to warn you when your battery gets low, like blinks green or something.

dockersguy 08-06-2009 12:37 AM

Yea, that's right. The battery icon for the I-key does blink in the instrument panel when your I-Key battery is low. That's how I knew it was time to change it.

redlude97 08-06-2009 05:15 AM

The keytransponder and the battery for the fob are seperate, that is why you can still start your car with a dead battery fob