The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

what to do next?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to do next?

i have a 2004 6sp g35 coupe with 100,000...just changed spark plugs, intake, spacer, and a 3 inch jic cat back exhaust. the car is running good would like to know what to do next still needs more pep. not looking into dropping a ton of money . any suggestions?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Your not going to get much more power without going FI.

These cars don't react to mods like most imports.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
3inch exhaust is big for n/a but it's also only catback. i would do more exhaust, y-pipe, hfc or test pipes then look for a tune

Old 01-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Glad to hear our G35s still run good at 100K miles. Are you using synthentic fluids, engine..trans..differential? Spending $ on a y-pipe might be worth 2/3 HP, probably not worth it. HFCs would be the way to go, that's where most of your restriction is especially with the mileage on your G. With the HFCs a tune would be the next logical move....
Gary

Old 01-30-2010, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks...what about doing all the pulleys, i should be able to get alittle quicker response correct? also i would def need new belts correct? about the tune would i have to get a stand alone or anything ? im guessing the just tune the basics and dont need anythign but not sure. and yea the car has synthetic oil luckily i knew the previous owner who i knew did not beat the car in anyway and all miles were highway car is very solid still....

anyone know where a used y pipe is for sale... that will meet up to the jic inch.. and where any HFC ?

Old 01-30-2010, 07:19 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Read up on pulleys. Most here don't recommend them.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by skizg35
thanks...what about doing all the pulleys, i should be able to get alittle quicker response correct? also i would def need new belts correct? about the tune would i have to get a stand alone or anything ? im guessing the just tune the basics and dont need anythign but not sure. and yea the car has synthetic oil luckily i knew the previous owner who i knew did not beat the car in anyway and all miles were highway car is very solid still....

anyone know where a used y pipe is for sale... that will meet up to the jic inch.. and where any HFC ?
A lot of the info is here. just do a search.

Pulleys have been dynoed and they don't add anything however people say they have better throttle response.
Search the Exhaust section for HFCs. Personally I like the Fast Intentions HFC but they are usually the more expensive brand. Others have used Berks or crawford and you can buy them used.
Belts check if they are cracking. You can get new ones at conceptz for $35. If they have never been changed then maybe its time to invest in some.
Check out Uprev for the tune.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
Pulleys would have less mass to move, allowing you to redline faster. Pretty much that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.