G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   interior fan making noise/squeaking/squealing (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/341868-interior-fan-making-noise-squeaking-squealing.html)

madEG 06-23-2010 10:37 AM

interior fan making noise/squeaking/squealing

Hello,

Just lately I noticed that the interior fan is making noise. I don't mean engine-bay belts, but rather the fan that controls the air flow blowing from the vents in the dash board.

It doesn't matter when heat or a/c is on/off , so I don't think it is directly related to those systems, and at first it only happened when I cranked the air flow fan speed all the way up at once.

Now it seems after a few days to be worse, and doesn't go away after a few seconds (as it did at first) but now will squeal the entire time the a/c or heat is on at all.

Has anyone had this issue? Perhaps I need a new fan bearing/fan replacement? Does anyone recall what this entails, getting this worked out?

Thanks,
-Matt G.

madEG 06-23-2010 12:40 PM

*bump* any ideas? Thoughts?

Bri127mx 06-25-2010 01:59 AM

a quick check... pop off the little plastic piece below your glovebox and open the cabin air filter and take the filter out and see if you have leaves/ debris in there... that could be a slight possibility

i may be wrong but i think you might need to unbolt your glovebox too (to get to the in-cabin filter... not hard at all.

another route to get there is to take off the plastic piece under your windshield (exterior of car) and reach down into the vent and see if leaves got in there that way.

madEG 06-30-2010 12:20 AM

Bri127mx, thanks! I'll take a look... I read here about the getting to the fan under the glove box, but didn't know about the below windshield vent - this site is sweet!

The good news is that the noise worked itself out maybe 80% after two days. Good thing too, I checked the dealer and the replacement (fans + time) cost if the bearings went bad in that blower assembly are near five beans. ugh.

Thanks for the follow up!

Blue Dream 06-30-2010 05:49 AM

That's a lot of beans. :D

madEG 08-31-2010 01:52 PM

...oh, and to follow up. I just played the stereo louder for about another week, and the problem just went away. Been a few months now... So, I guess something just got stuck in the bearing/fan assembly, and it worked itself out.

At first it was only when the fan was cold (so it was fine when getting into hot car, but loud when A/c was on for a while...) and then... just slowly went away...

bigjee 01-22-2012 11:30 PM

I'm having this issue with my fan/blower.

Its squealing like crazy when the fan speed is on medium.
Sounds like a 'pigeon' is the best way to describe it.

Anyone know how to change out the fan or just leave it and the sound will go away?

Thanks.

Lone Wolf 01-23-2012 01:14 AM

Hopefully this is the fix for you as is was for me. One day I turned on my AC to get more cooler. Anywho when I turned on the AC there was a whistling sound. So I took my car in to have it checked out and tuns out I had a piece of thin plastic which looks like it came from a grocery bag get caught up in the area of my in cabin-micro filter/ventilation system. I would try that and see if something similar is caught up in there.

IllaNoizeTV 06-15-2016 10:12 AM

Thread revival. Is the only solution to this buying a new blower motor? What about lubricating the bearings? Anyone try that yet? P.s. I'm having the same issue.

telcoman 06-15-2016 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by IllaNoizeTV (Post 7063698)
Thread revival. Is the only solution to this buying a new blower motor? What about lubricating the bearings? Anyone try that yet? P.s. I'm having the same issue.

When was the last time you checked/replaced the cabin filter?

Photo from a Honda Cabin Filter

Attachment 180131

Telcoman

Engineaaron 01-08-2017 05:36 PM

Quick fix

My blower started squealing and then making a knocking sound. I took it apart and found a lot of play.
Solution: take the blower motor out, set it on the fan shaft, take the cover plate off, place a small socket over the toothed washer on the shaft and tap with a hammer.

This should remove the play and fix the sound. I also left the filter out for awhile.

scumbagsleeper 12-30-2018 10:15 PM

I'm experiencing the same issue on both cars. My 2004 G35x squeals really loud when cornering hard while the fan is on high. My 2005 G35x vibrates really bad on high so I keep it two notches down from high for less vibration. Going to take out the blowers and check the motor bushings. Will report what I find.