G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   First G35 2JZ Swap!!! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/354724-first-g35-2jz-swap.html)

G352JZ 10-20-2010 05:14 PM

First G35 2JZ Swap!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Some of you may have seen my post on supra forums a few months ago. Or if you are in Orlando you may have seen us out at a few local meets. I posted a few pictures and a list of modifications done to this car when I originally posted it on supra forums. Since then we have made more modifications and we have also painted the car from silver to matte black. We are not done with modifications yet, but so far we have over 5K miles on the swap with no problems except a broken drive shaft from trying to launch at the track on the stock drive shaft. This car is an daily driver but we hope to see great numbers in the comming weeks at the track and dyno. I will try and keep this thread updated with some info, pics, and videos as we go along. For more information about swapping a 2JZ engine into your G35, parts, or paint & body work please visit my website at G352JZ.com.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures I took them with my iphone and the color didn't come out so well. I will try and take more ASAP.
Attachment 240514

Attachment 240515

Attachment 240516

Below are a list of most of the mods and parts used in the build.

2JZ-GTE engine w/ stock internals
ARP Head Studs
6 speed Toyota Supra Gterag V161 transmission
Carbonetics triple carbon clutch
Custom fabricated mounts and cross member
Custom intake manifold
Custom exhaust manifold
Garrett GT35R ball bearing turbo
Custom fabricated turbo water cooler kit
Custom fabricated air to water heat exchanger
Custom fabricated heat exchanger piping
Greddy blow off
Precision wastegate
Fuel Lab regulator
AEM wideband
Custom fabricated 3 inch exhaust split to stock exhaust and a cut out on a switch
Stock ECU
Custom wiring harness done by ourselves
Apexi AFC
AEM wideband
2 Walbro fuel pumps
1 Bosch 044 fuel pump
Custom fabricated fuel surge tank
Custom fabricated fuel cooler kit
Custom fabricated fuel rail
550cc stock Supra TT injectors
Stock G35 18" rims with Yokohama Advan racing slicks for track events
Stock G35 sport package Brembo Brakes
Engine bay painted to match the gold Brembo brakes
Custom matte black paint job
Anodized aluminum fittings with steel braided hose were used everywhere possible for reliability.

I may have missed a few modifications and if so I am sorry.

Some parts we have fabricated for the turbo, fuel, and cooling setups are available for purchase and most other parts can be custom fabricated to fit your existing VQ setup and custom made to your specifications. Please refer to our site G352JZ.com for more details.

Also from experience with feedback from other sites I want to clear something up. Yes I do know another person posted on this site and other sites at the end of last year that they were doing this swap. That is not us and they have not finished so yes we are the first 2JZ swap into a G35.

Project 10-20-2010 05:18 PM

Maybe i missed the numbers?

dwrecckk 10-20-2010 05:18 PM

That is unbelievable gangster. I always thought the G chassis was a little too good for the NA VQ. It must be an absolute beat with the 2jz in there. What's funny is that we think of the G35 a such a huge tank, but it's still about 300 pounds lighter than stock Supra! I am seriously impressed, awesome build man. Keep up the good work.

Tim@Grubbs 10-20-2010 05:26 PM

Interesting.

GeeWillikers 10-20-2010 05:37 PM

Truly creative and impressive. Would love to see what kind of numbers this combo can produce - similar to what we would see in the supra I would imagine?

How aggressive is the tune?

Jeff92se 10-20-2010 05:39 PM

Can you detail how you handled the guages and emissions etc?? ABS and traction controls all working?

G352JZ 10-20-2010 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Project (Post 5428529)
Maybe i missed the numbers?

I did not put the numbers because we haven't been on the dyno with our new setup yet. We did dyno last weekend at Central Florida Turbo Shop CFTshop.com. Our main goal of the dyno session was to see how the heat exchanger was working and what we could make at low boost with a small fuel setup, not to put up numbers and turn up the boost yet. We tunned with 1 walbro, no bosch, had to reduce fuel by -30% on the AFC, and used pump gas (no race fuel) at 10lbs. Our top number at 10lbs with the Garrett GT35R turbo was 440 Whp with 388 ft-lbs of torque. We have since installed the fuel, a few new cooling systems that are listed, and will be installing a boost controller soon to try and see what we can max out at on the stock ECU and 550cc injectors. We do have a few sets of 1000cc injectors and an AEM Version 2 that we can plug in, but we really want to see what the limit we can go to is on this build using the stock components. We also sized the manifold that we custom fabricated to fit up to a Garrett GT45R turbo, so we do have options if we want to try and make much more power.

Here is the Dyno read out from CFT Shop in Orlando. Also if anyone needs tunning or Dyno time call Rolo at CFT Shop! I have a link to his site and contact info on my site G352JZ.com.

http://g352jz.com/images/img_0930-1.jpg

Frankieg35 10-20-2010 05:44 PM

Wow that's sweet!!

TIAN 10-20-2010 05:56 PM

Where in WPB are you? Any of this work done by Japtrix? Everything looks legit. Awesome man!

Blue Dream 10-20-2010 05:58 PM

Hell yeah, great job!! Subscribed for more details.

G352JZ 10-20-2010 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se (Post 5428586)
Can you detail how you handled the guages and emissions etc?? ABS and traction controls all working?

We do our own wiring and can make a harness for you if you are interested in the swap as well as all other parts you may need. We were able to intigrate into all of the factory electronics to get all of the factory guages and buttons working. We are using the stock G35 rear end and have partnered with a drive shaft shop to make a drive shaft that can adapt to the getrag from the supra to the G35 diff so everything there still works like factory. We did keep the stock braking system since we already had the Brembo package on this car, so no modifications were made to the ABS which still works. As far as emissions goes the 2JZ is a very efficent engine and we actually got a little over 30 MPG on a test drive we took last weekend going over 300 miles on the highway. We do atribute that MPG gain to the heat exchanger which allowed us to tune the AFC to -30% fuel hence the lowered fuel consumption. The 30 MPG was with us hitting boost on the highway so we could tune the AFC properly. Once you get past the engine we do have a 3 inch exhaust, but it has a Y pipe that adapts back into the stock G35 exhaust on one side and the other side is a 3 inch adjustable exhaust cut out so we can open, close, and adjust the exhaust. The cut out also helps us restrict the exhaust sound down to almost a stock level when just cruising around. We are in Florida so we don't have emissions check like some other states, but we are confident that it should meet emissions the way it is set up currently. On a side note we wanted to adapt back the stock functionality of the G35 so much that we even made the Supra 6 speed getrag transmission adapt so that the stock motion normally used with a 6 speed getrag of pulling up to reverse has now been adapted so you push down for reverse just like a stock 6 speed G35 does.

Thanks for the questions.

G352JZ 10-20-2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tian (Post 5428628)
Where in WPB are you? Any of this work done by Japtrix? Everything looks legit. Awesome man!

I live in WPB, but all work was done at my buddy MT's shop up in Orlando, FL and the paint work was done by AK Collision Paint and Body in Orlando. If you have any other questions on products or sevices we offer hit up my website G352JZ.com for more info and contact information or email me at G352JZ@hotmail.com

citymunky 10-20-2010 06:27 PM

All that with a AFC? I have a SAFC on my GVR-4 I'm trying to tune it but it's kicking my ***.

SER-G35 10-20-2010 06:35 PM

This is SicK...mad props to u bro..

4DGS 10-20-2010 06:37 PM

Wow you're gonna need to flip your infiniti badge upside down.

I wouldn't have painted the engine bay brembo colour but interesting idea.