G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   Order not what i received with my350z sale. Need some help (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/396554-order-not-what-i-received-my350z-sale-need-some-help.html)

jbwrecked 12-21-2011 02:13 PM

Order not what i received with my350z sale. Need some help

So ive never really been in this situation exactly but heres what happened.

I purchased some SPC camber arms that had 30k miles on em and were advertised to come with the SPC toe bolts for $120. I received the shipment a few das ago to notice that it came with the oem toe bolts and the dude tells me thats what he used to adjust the camber and all that. So i tell him it was supposed to come with the SPC toe bolts (not in any way rude) and heres where i wonder...
1) I ask him if he's able to send me $30 back since thats how much they usually go for used since there about $37 or so new i believe? Is that a fair request of me?
2) He tells me he can only do $20 and he wants his oem toe bolts back.
3) I emailed him again and told him that i will cover my shipping for me to send him back the oem toe bolts if he can send me the SPC toe bolts. Is that also a fair request?

I just wanna know what you would do in this particular case. Just wanna get this sale finalized without getting ripped off or so. Thanks guys!

Canadian 12-21-2011 08:27 PM

You can use the OEM toe bolts to adjust toe/camber. I don't know where it is, but there is a template somewhere on driver to allow you to make it so you can adjust.

jbwrecked 12-21-2011 10:47 PM

Gotcha. But i mean i sorta payed for the SPC toe bolts and the SPC camber arms so im just wondering what i should do from there you know? I would much rather have spc toe's over oem

gary c 12-21-2011 11:25 PM

This is just wrong, the SPC tow bolts come with specific washer that lock em in once the holes are elongated. Why would you need another set of OE bolts? This guys sounds dishonest and needs to refund your $$...:NOD:
Gary

Eno 12-21-2011 11:32 PM

Yeah... Sounds like garbage to me. I can NOT believe how often this appears to be happening? Maybe I've just not been paying attention.

What would I do? The second I got pushback like that I'd eat my mistake, leave negative itrader and probably send a warning to others. Who is this idiot anyway?

Frankly for the minute sum it might be kind of fun to watch him backpeddle and try to figure out a twist to the story in a way that somehow makes it your fault.

Wait a minute- you didn't buy the part at night and inspect it in the wet grass did you?

Sorry, wrong thread.

jbwrecked 12-22-2011 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by gary c (Post 6258712)
This is just wrong, the SPC tow bolts come with specific washer that lock em in once the holes are elongated. Why would you need another set of OE bolts? This guys sounds dishonest and needs to refund your $$...:NOD:
Gary

Yea i even took pics i can upload. I have a set of spc toe bolts but i asked if he could separate the SPC toe bolts from the camber arms and he said no, so i decided to just do the 120 and just try to resell the extra SPC toe bolts id be getting from him since i already have another set i had bought a couple months ago. The washers/bolts on the spc have a flat cut off and have the hole in the washer a little lower than oem. And the oem have em higher and they only have like a little "v" cut out in em. Once i noticed that i pm'd him about it though. Just waiting for him to reply.

Originally Posted by ITNKICN (Post 6258720)
Yeah... Sounds like garbage to me. I can NOT believe how often this appears to be happening? Maybe I've just not been paying attention.

What would I do? The second I got pushback like that I'd eat my mistake, leave negative itrader and probably send a warning to others. Who is this idiot anyway?

Frankly for the minute sum it might be kind of fun to watch him backpeddle and try to figure out a twist to the story in a way that somehow makes it your fault.

Wait a minute- you didn't buy the part at night and inspect it in the wet grass did you?

Sorry, wrong thread.

Yea he told me thats what the shop left on the camber arms when he took em off and he thought they woulda put the SPC's withe SPC arms but he guesses its his mistake.

But idk what to do. Dont really want the full refund cause i need the arms but dont wanna just take 20 back since no one sells spc's for that cheap and he wants me to pay for shipping to return the oem bolts... ridiculous. If its gets even more sketchy ill reveal the name, dont really want to call him out justtt yet :rolleyes:

Supremee 12-22-2011 12:28 AM

Yeah same thing happened to me. Dude from driver sold me a front lip and never sent the bolts (small issue-ehh whatever) and then sold me Hotchkis sways with missing stuff.! like wtf?! ive learned my lesson with used crap. Why cant people be honest.

jbwrecked 12-22-2011 12:36 AM

Exactly, I purchase a set of function and form type II coils locally and when i arrive to pick em up, no wrenches... I just went on with the sale and he tells me he'll try to find em or order a set for cheap since hes a retailer or something. Oh well... used=sketchy

herrschaft 12-22-2011 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by jbwrecked (Post 6258790)
But idk what to do. Dont really want the full refund cause i need the arms but dont wanna just take 20 back since no one sells spc's for that cheap and he wants me to pay for shipping to return the oem bolts... ridiculous. If its gets even more sketchy ill reveal the name, dont really want to call him out justtt yet :rolleyes:

Don't be afraid to drop names. These threads can always be locked/deleted once the issue is resolved. It sounds reasonable to me if you send the OEM ones back and he ships you the actual SPC toe bolts, with the seller paying for shipping because its their mistake. If what your saying is true then whoever you bought them from sounds shady to me.

jbwrecked 12-22-2011 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by herrschaft (Post 6258819)
Don't be afraid to drop names. These threads can always be locked/deleted once the issue is resolved. It sounds reasonable to me if you send the OEM ones back and he ships you the actual SPC toe bolts, with the seller paying for shipping because its their mistake. If what your saying is true then whoever you bought them from sounds shady to me.

Gotcha, Well name is Jun from my350z. But yea if thats the case id be happy to do that, i offered that option but he hasnt responded since the 19th and hasnt been online since the 19th as well. That was my proposal exactly and even to pay my side of the shipping to send his oem ones back but his was to refund me 20 bucks and me ship him the oem toes which would be about 6 bucks to ship back leaving me with 14 and no spc toe bolts as he specified :dunno: . I might open up a dispute on paypal in a bit if he doesnt respond soon.

Thanks for yalls help and support!

herrschaft 12-22-2011 01:39 AM

It would be nice if they incorporated the I-Trader rating over on MY350Z. Are those the OEM or SPC toe bolts pictured in his thread below?

http://my350z.com/forum/suspension/5...toe-bolts.html

jbwrecked 12-22-2011 01:47 AM

Those are oem pictured. Before he edited to sold he had the info as SPC camber arms and SPC toe bolts with about 30k miles on em.

Direct quote form PM's:
Originally Posted by jbwrecked
"Got the arms today but i have a question. The toe bolts that i received are what i believe to be oem toe bolts and you had listed spc toe bolts. Is this correct or am i just losing it"

Jun: "I believe those are the toe bolts used to adjust the toe. I told the guy at the shop to swap them when he uninstalled them, I don't believe he would've left the toe bolts in if what I gave them were my stock camber arms with the stock bolts.
I'm not sure if it's a specific SPC bolt but it is the adjustable toe bolt that came when I bought it and I was able to adjust my toe with it.
Let me know when you take it to get it installed if there is some problem but there shouldn't be any.

Jun"

Me: "Ok ok gotcha. I mean they are adjustable they're just the oem ones and you specified the spc ones i believe. Which is why i asked if you could separate the spc toe bolts from the spc camber arms because i already have a pair of the spc toe bolts. The oem toe bolts are adjustable but they have less adjustment than the spc toe bolts."

Jun: "Sorry I thought the bolts I sent you were the SPC ones? If they are not, my mistake, I can refund you $20 back for the bolts, but I honestly thought those were the adjustable bolts since those are the ones I have been using together with the arms to fix the camber/toe?

Let me know what you would like to do, and sorry for the confusion.

Jun"

c_morse 12-22-2011 04:57 AM

Am I missing something in this thread? It would appear that he's offered to partially refund you for the wrong toe bolts. I see no mention in the above posted PM traffic that he's asked for the OEM bolts back, so I can only guess you're assuming that's what he meant.

I've seen them for $25 to $30 shipped, so considering shipping was bundled with the camber arms, $20 seems pretty fair to me. The problem is that you bought these items as a package deal, and since you never agreed on separate prices, your idea of what a used item is worth and the seller's idea of what the same item is worth are going to be two different things.

Also, keep in mind that life happens, and not everyone can log on everyday and answer PM's. A more realistic timeframe to get upset over would be a week of no contact, not two days.

"Calling out" a person before giving them ample chance to resolve an issue has the potential to ruin their good name over nothing. Regardless of if it's taken down later or the accusations retracted, there are going to be people that read this and never look again and think "oh, Jun over on my350z is an unreasonable S.O.B. and I'm never doing business with him."

You should make every attempt to fully resolve this matter through PM and Admin channels, and finally, as a LAST RESORT, dispute with PayPal.*** Threads should only be started as a "buyer beware" or in an attempt to apply pressure on a seller after all other channels have been exhausted.

OP, take the $20, seems like a fair offer to me.

***I'm in no way advocating disputing this with PayPal, especially when the seller is trying to work with you.

c_morse 12-22-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by herrschaft (Post 6258842)
It would be nice if they incorporated the I-Trader rating over on MY350Z. Are those the OEM or SPC toe bolts pictured in his thread below?

http://my350z.com/forum/suspension/5...toe-bolts.html

They do use iTrader on MY350Z. The seller in question has a rating of 43.

jbwrecked 12-22-2011 10:45 AM

Damn i am so sorry! i actually forgot to copy the specific part where he mentions the mailing em back part, After i ask if he can send 30 back cause whats what I have seen em for, i just thought 20 for spc bolts wasnt kinda fair, he sends this.

Jun: "Hi Jerry:

Best I can do is $20. The arms and toe bolts were $120 shipped so basically you go the camber arms for $100 shipped.

Shipping cost was about $15 so the camber arms cost you $85 which isn't a bad deal I think.

Let me know if that's ok so I can issue the refund and let me know when you mail them back.

Thanks and again sorry for the misunderstanding.

Jun"

Again sorry i didnt mention it above i completely forgot to copy that part of the message, smh on me -___-

Also c_morse in no way, shape, or form am i bashing the Seller i was just simply asking for advice about my situation. And about the 2 days thing i understand that its the holidays and even if it wasnt its not a problem at all, its just my thing, due to previous situations, that if people get sketchy like this i automatically open up a dispute so i dont lose out on my money or items after 30 days. I think i received the items about a week and a half ago so theres still plenty of times from the 30 days, i was just simply asking for advice from my fellow Drivers. Thanks for your response though! And really sorry i left that really important part out