The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
see this link for info on the led swap. has a lot of useful info
http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and...rsion-faq.html

lots of junk getting installed. lol decided to put in all the stuff i had piled up. auto jdm fold mirror module (fold in on car off and fold out on acc on), aftermarket rfid alarm, auto windshield wipers, auto mirror tilt down on reverse, nexus 7 and a bunch of supporting things for it, zeitronix zt2 custom display in radio, im pretty sure im forgetting stuff.
Listing all the stuff your doing is useless without pictures, lol. We want pictures of this stuff. I'm kinda like you in a way, love to install all kinds of different things.

I'm working on my engine bay, accessories right now

Old 11-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Who makes the auto tilt mirror module? Sounds nice.
kptech, http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/13

Old 11-24-2016, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Swaglife81
Listing all the stuff your doing is useless without pictures, lol. We want pictures of this stuff. I'm kinda like you in a way, love to install all kinds of different things.

I'm working on my engine bay, accessories right now
lol its all like half done, liek its all installed and working but none of it is buttoned up yet. what do you want to see pics of? just the modules?

Old 11-24-2016, 08:12 PM
I'm finished cleaning the engine bay now. Pics below. Now the engine and bay is spotless it doesn't lo

ok pretty so I need some opinions on what to do.

Passenger side brake booster is going to get sleeving so not worried about the gray overspray I got on it when I painted the plenum off the car. The hose is glued on at the plenum so that's why it has paint on it. The paint is holding up well since its engine enamel. Suprising. As you guys can see I did the full wire tuck. Now my car is Brilliant Silver but the engine bay is like a normal gray with no metallic so I did want to paint the front black composite frame for radiator/headlight support.

I'm running a breather on the drivers side PCV and capped this end with a plug and ziptied it just in case. Plug is tight tight anyway

Wire you see is part of my grounding kit. The only wire not long enough to be hidden so this is going away. What should I do with the reservoirs, they are stained even after cleaning
Should I paint them instead of replacing and maybe adding brushed or stainless caps. Not sure where to get caps for the 3 reservoirs, everybody seems to sell Oil and Radiator only. I need power steering, windshield washer and overflow tank caps that look pretty. I have the fenderwells removed and debated painting them to match the bay. I can't for the life of me find the paint code since the gray is not the paint code of the cars exterior.

Anyone have any idea of the ID/OD of the evap solenoid vacuum lines. The one from the plenum to evap is giving me a small vacuum link. I got a replacement at Autozone and its a tad to big and not correct vacuum line. Its kind of collapsing at idle, idiots.

I'm going to sleeve all hoses, lines with techflex 6 split sleeving in either a dark gray or a orange accent color and paint the TB and a painted Z-Tube with a modified opening for fresh air.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:14 PM
lol its all like half done, liek its all installed and working but none of it is buttoned up yet. what do you want to see pics of? just the modules?
Like before, during or after pics or installed wiring. I guess DIY for everything that's new. KP is one hell of a great company. Innovative, wished we had more options like KP.

I'm probably going to get their Foglight module so foglights and foglight switch will work like normal cars. On if I want them on alone or not.

Last edited by Swaglife81; 11-24-2016 at 08:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (11-25-2016)
Old 11-25-2016, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
love bike retros. what bike is this on? what projector?
2008 Kawasaki Versys 650 - Cross country sport touring bike lol - Morimoto FX-R with 35W Ba 5500k Bu. I had to cut the whole low beam area and recess the projector 2" to make it fit.

I love their products. Didn't realize they made this one. Will look into it.

Originally Posted by Swaglife81
Like before, during or after pics or installed wiring. I guess DIY for everything that's new. KP is one hell of a great company. Innovative, wished we had more options like KP. I'm probably going to get their Foglight module so foglights and foglight switch will work like normal cars. On if I want them on alone or not.
I installed that module on my car because we actually get fog and it is great to be able to see without the low beam bouncing off of the fog lol.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-image-1715059118.jpg  
Old 11-25-2016, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

love bike retros. what bike is this on? what projector?
Projector recessed LOL.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-image-1975269201.jpg  
Old 11-25-2016, 01:17 AM
i can try to take some pics for you tomorrow. but most of my stuff has been modified extensively to accomodate custom mods or clean up wires (ie cutting traces and bypassing features and cleaning up excessive wires or useless leds that just draw power)

Old 11-25-2016, 01:19 AM
swag: nice job with the wire tucks. looks super clean

urban: lol that projector. what are u using to hold it to the bezel?

Old 11-25-2016, 01:22 AM
swag i made these little 3d printed covers for the rubber grommets the wires were passing through

Old 11-25-2016, 06:20 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Guys this is all super cool, keep up the discourse. I'm getting a car stiffie from seeing all this custom work.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:31 PM
so can someone suggest a way to remove studs from a wheel spacer? i am using a hammer and its not working too well. i know i should find a press but im trying to avoid doing that atm. the back of the stud is a little recessed and not complely flush with the back of the spacer so i just put it flat and put a lug on the top of it and hammered one out after like 20 min of banging on it. its not a very elegant or efficient solution. do you think using a big c clamp would work? or should i just find a shop with a press?

edit: lol just took em to a tire shop with a press

Last edited by .cakestar; 11-25-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

swag: nice job with the wire tucks. looks super clean

urban: lol that projector. what are u using to hold it to the bezel?
JB Steel Stik to hold it and JB Quik to final hold. Not enough room to mount it using the usual car methods so JB it is (and it's common to do so). It hardens and holds through the worst of conditions.

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Guys this is all super cool, keep up the discourse. I'm getting a car stiffie from seeing all this custom work.
He does some pretty neat stuff, he should sell little mods or modules for a little side $ lol.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:20 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
I actually drove my G tonight/early morning... I got my two new rear tires on a week ago. Then I drove past this corvette that's been at the dealership for sometime... I hate to say it, but here shortly, all my work is going to be going back too stock... I just have too buy a Vette!!! I can't stop thinking about it!!! LOL

Old 11-29-2016, 04:46 AM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?