The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Urbanengineer;7087244]What year G and what bulb type?
Welcome.

Thanks! Gotta 05 6mt coupe, black. She's a beaut! My 2nd G....first was a sedan 06. And oshram of course! Found a great deal on ebay straight from germany. They're not blue at all and look great

Old 12-10-2016, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by .cakestar
ooo pls be osram cbi's. im a big fan
Yes they are. Will post pics soon as i take em

Old 12-11-2016, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
[quote=downsouthG]
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
What year G and what bulb type?
Welcome.

Thanks! Gotta 05 6mt coupe, black. She's a beaut! My 2nd G....first was a sedan 06. And oshram of course! Found a great deal on ebay straight from germany. They're not blue at all and look great
Good man... love some good quality bulbs.

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
HTF did you get sponsored rubber from Michelin?????

Major props!!
I already buy a lot of their tires for the bike, and they are offering a couple sets free and the rest of the season at cost rates... so I'll be putting the free sets on the car lol.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:31 AM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Drove it in snow for the 1st time ever... 1st time ever using VDC lol. Continental Winter Contact 235/45-18 on my 2005 6MT sedans factory wheels. Traction control worked flawlessly. Just shift to the next gear and push the gas. ABS stopping was great and turning traction was excellent. Ride was pleasantly cushy, coming from coupe rays with hankook ventis v12s. 1st time ever using spacers, added 20mm spacer front, 25 back. Pics to come but my phone was cold and shut down.

Last edited by theronz; 12-11-2016 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Found my vacuum leaks. Brake booster hose has a small puncture and right where the clamp was had a silicone adhesive tape piece and my PCV crossover hose was hardened and cracked.

My car ran fine but eyeing fuel trim especially short term fuel trims I had a overly rich condition at idle and traffic but perfect and lean at cruise and WOT. Changed these 2 hoses and
02 sensors were reading high and low like they should .1 to .8 volts. Maf reading fine. Long term fuel trims were staying at positive 9.4 to 10.6 and short terms trims were going to zero or negative at throttle. At idle short term trims were going positive 10 to 20 at idle causing LTFT to kinda stay high. So at that point I knew computer compensating for a lean condition at idle but all well at throttle. Fuel trims at idle, 1500, 2500 and wot well tell you alot.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=downsouthG;7087287]
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
What year G and what bulb type?
Welcome.

You can always tell the type of person someone is by the brands of parts they use or buy. Alot of people aren't gonna understand that comment. Osram is that top quality company that's gonna give you an amazing bulb, relay or whatever. The company doesn't have that "name" to it that a kid will want to use their product. Half the relays in our cars are made my Osram too. Great choice on a bulb. What color range did you buy. I don't have experience with different colors in our cars but I've heard our reflectors make a 6k look slight different or vica versa. I think I have 5k but I didn't put them in so not sure.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Sometimes I think I'm typing to myself on here but understand the forums aren't as busy as they once were.

But anyway. I had one of those days today. Went to my car when I got off work at 6PM and low and behold the car wouldn't start. That constant clicking sound. I got jumped off and all his well. Running low on gas and was almost home about a 10 mile drive. Just wanted to get home and eat. Ran out of gas 1/4 mile from my house on a busy *** road. FML. So today was just 1 of those days for me. Met a girl at work though so I guess it wasn't to bad of a day.

The following users liked this post:
BradMD_96 (12-12-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 08:07 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Swaglife81
Sometimes I think I'm typing to myself on here but understand the forums aren't as busy as they once were.

But anyway. I had one of those days today. Went to my car when I got off work at 6PM and low and behold the car wouldn't start. That constant clicking sound. I got jumped off and all his well. Running low on gas and was almost home about a 10 mile drive. Just wanted to get home and eat. Ran out of gas 1/4 mile from my house on a busy *** road. FML. So today was just 1 of those days for me. Met a girl at work though so I guess it wasn't to bad of a day.
Damn bro, we all have our days, some good and others not so much. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure life just wasn't gonna let you on by with meeting a new girl, so life made you pay for it 😂 we can't have perfect days.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (12-13-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=Swaglife81;7087380]
Originally Posted by downsouthG

You can always tell the type of person someone is by the brands of parts they use or buy. Alot of people aren't gonna understand that comment. Osram is that top quality company that's gonna give you an amazing bulb, relay or whatever. The company doesn't have that "name" to it that a kid will want to use their product. Half the relays in our cars are made my Osram too. Great choice on a bulb. What color range did you buy. I don't have experience with different colors in our cars but I've heard our reflectors make a 6k look slight different or vica versa. I think I have 5k but I didn't put them in so not sure.

I went with the 5k this time because I heard that was as bright as you could get without looking blue and I'm completely satisfied. Perfect crisp white color that look good behind the wheel and coming head on. The only thing I would say about the effect our reflectors have on them and any bulb would be that they diffuse the light a bit making them slightly less "bright" and in your face which may be interpreted as a "graying" of the beam but not really.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:31 AM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
[QUOTE=downsouthG;7087473]

I went with the 5k this time because I heard that was as bright as you could get without looking blue and I'm completely satisfied. Perfect crisp white color that look good behind the wheel and coming head on. The only thing I would say about the effect our reflectors have on them and any bulb would be that they diffuse the light a bit making them slightly less "bright" and in your face which may be interpreted as a "graying" of the beam but not really.
Look into the projector mod. A little bit extensive but there is a lot of light to be had.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=downsouthG;7087473]

Do you have any night shots of lows and fogs on. When I get off work I'll snap a pic of my 5k lows and 4k fogs. Interesting to see if there are differences in the colors. Cameras of course will have a difference but I would like to see them if you get a chance. I don't like a 4k fog as far as looks but functionality is perfect I think.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:41 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Could be worse.... This is what I returned to....

Old 12-13-2016, 05:01 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Don't be a tease, WTF happened??

Old 12-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Don't be a tease, WTF happened??
The number of people asking me "who did you have it out with?", "which sore loser did you race?" or "who's girlfriend did you get caught with?"

It wasn't even anything that interesting. I parked the car on university campus in the morning, studied, did an exam and was returning to my car ready to chill out when I stumbled upon my shattered rear window.

I am as confused as you are. There was no obvious impact marks on the window (although something could hit it hard enough to shatter and leave no mark). Nothing obvious to say it was vandalism. But our "High tech with a Human touch" university doesn't even have security cameras to validate that. That leaves the possibility it happened "naturally" through excessive heat, stress or a failure in the glass. Random excess twisting of the chassis? I'm completely stumped at what happened but not much can be done now. Completely random and out of the blue.

This is after having a bead start leaking on the rear two weeks ago and then picking up a puncture on newer tires about one week ago.......Hopefully nothing else for a while.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:23 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Interesting because I was stumped because I, too, couldn't see any sort of impact point in either of your 2 pictures. Sorry it happened but grateful I'm not crazy. I was beginning to think maybe senility was creeping in lolololol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?