The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Got some mud specks flung up on me this morning so gave the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine its trial run. Very pleased. Thanks Blue Dream. Also plugged in the Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn modules. Looking at her from the front porch enjoying a martini on a fabulous autumn day.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo48.jpg  

Last edited by G2B35AGN; 12-03-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:28 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
How do you insert thumbnail photos? Mine always turn out full size?

Old 12-03-2017, 05:00 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
That was done on mobile app. I just used the photo insertion icon on the left bottom of the reply window.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:24 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Man your car is nice.

Didn’t Blue Dream have a bad experience with the Hawk HPS pads because they were squeakers and like ice cubes in the wet?
Yep, never again. Only took me 500 miles to replace them and give them to a friend. They lasted about 1000 miles then got thrown in the trash. Friend said he didn't want anyone else to waste their time using them lol.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by Benja455
Got it. Thanks! Two clarifications:

1) Are there both toe and camber bolts back there or just toe bolts?

2) I don't necessarily need to the longer toe bolts (such as SPC) but could I use those? Or do I need to find stock bolts? If so, where can I find them?
Stick to stock bolts if you don’t want to cut the subframe. I think that is what is required with the Spc ones. Check the manual for them online.

Originally Posted by JZ39
Yeah, you have...but I'll still take the compliment. They are awesome wheels and the color match and fit for the Diamond Graphite G is literally perfect.
Yes, your car is very fortunate to be treated right. I wish I had the fun money to put towards the car. I need nicer tires right now, but it’s winter and I need another set of wheels. Because I sold my summer wheels with **** tires.

Don’t get me to move those Project Mu’s up my list haha. Yes they have many G brembo choices .

The following users liked this post:
Benja455 (12-06-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Stick to stock bolts if you don’t want to cut the subframe. I think that is what is required with the Spc ones. Check the manual for them online.

Yes, your car is very fortunate to be treated right. I wish I had the fun money to put towards the car. I need nicer tires right now, but it’s winter and I need another set of wheels. Because I sold my summer wheels with **** tires.

Don’t get me to move those Project Mu’s up my list haha. Yes they have many G brembo choices .
The downside is that every time I drive it I do so with the knowledge that even a small accident and the car would likely be totaled by insurance and all that time and money down the drain...

And unfortunately the G is, and has always been, my winter driver, so snow tires go on this weekend...the single saddest day of the year. I do plan to take less risks this year driving her in the snow. I’ll either hit up the wife for a ride or Uber to work if the snow gets bad.

The G with proper snow tires and traction turned off is a damn good car in the snow, as long as it is not deep. The balance and the manual really let you modulate it in the snow. I have so many funny stories of people looking at me like I am crazy out in snow that no sports car should be in. Last year coming up a long upgrade I was behind a Toyota Sequoia that must have had all season tires or something and it’s was sliding all over the place while my G was just steadily chugging along behind it waiting for them to get out of my way

Old 12-05-2017, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Oh yeah. I’m currently running winters, and they still are fun to drive on. 19’s.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by EPiK
Planning to be a car day today. I'm posting a list here in the morning and hopefully will check them off this afternoon

Oil/Filter change, adding qt of Rislone to see if OC slows
Install Innovate WB o2 kit so I can datalog AF and get off this generic base uprev tune
finish designing the fins for my carbon rear diffuser
figure out why my transmission is very notchy into 5th and 6th

I still have new ES steering rack bushings on deck, and a windshield washer tank to install, but I'm not that ambitious today. I want to actually get some driving in too.

Stay Tuned
well its not last Friday afternoon, but better late than never. I changed the oil, added the rislone and went rip snorting around town chasing a buddy while we were running errands. We switched cars so I could hear the exhaust from outside the car, see if there was anymore sound tuning I need to do.. and I realized following my car how much black rich smoke it puts out. On decel, or blipping the throttle is definite black puff, no oil smell, just rich exhaust. And this is on 89 octane.

To confirm this, we headed back to the house to once and for all install the wbO2The performance of the G driving is excellent, but I always suspected the generic base tune of being overly rich. A few hours later and the Innovate gauge was custom installed into my upper glove box.

Wow.. 89 octane, and I can definitely tell the difference driving the car compared to 93. The throttle is crisper, the exhaust note sharper..etc. And at WOT in 2nd and 3rd, at throttle tip in (first flooring it) AF drops to 11.8:1 and then comes up to settle at mid to low 12s. I'm at Sea Level here in Myrtle Beach also, so no elevation to lean things out either. Back when I used to dyno tune, on this car I would have shot for a steady 13.5-7:1 AF at WOT and then tweaked the timing map for the torque gains. There is a lot of smooth, less rich-stinky, smoky power hiding in this car yet.

I'm debating buying the Tuner license for the UpRev, but then again I still have the etune to finish with Seymore4 now that I can log AF.

I didn't work on the diffuser last Friday ,but I did a post-Dragon Run inspection and discovered the passenger side of the steering rack has a leak. Not surprisingly since a few weeks ago on the Tail of the Dragon and the roads too and fro I did probably 1000+ wonderful tight turns in quick succession. On an oem 140k rack.
I'll rebuild this one and install the new ES rack bushings then. I want to find a newer front subframe brace and install too. Mine is beat to H@ll.

What I need to do is stop messing with this car and drive it so I can finish my Porsche 944 outlaw turbo project. i'm supposed to take it to the Dragon on the Memorial run next year.. and it is a shell right now.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

You are as bad as JZ39, putting too much in :P.

Replace it with an eBay special. Mine has a lifetime warranty that I replaced off eBay. Works great!

Old 12-05-2017, 07:47 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
LOL! I joke that the G is for cruising and looking good now She’s in her twilight years now after a very good life.

It still amazes me how many compliments the car gets though. A random minivan Mom at the gas station looked over and felt compelled to tell me how much she liked the car, and how unique the shape was. She then asked me what it was and if it was a new model and her jaw dropped when I told her it was an 04!

Old 12-05-2017, 08:07 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah I have the most random people complement my G as well, Nissan struck gold when they designed the Skyline coupe / G35.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

It’s coming back!

Old 12-06-2017, 12:15 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Stick to stock bolts if you don’t want to cut the subframe. I think that is what is required with the Spc ones. Check the manual for them online. .
Cool are there toe and camber bolts or just toe?

Old 12-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by Benja455
Cool are there toe and camber bolts or just toe?
camber arms, toe bolts

Old 12-06-2017, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah ^. Sorry I didn't get to you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?