The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG
Why are you due? Oil leak, or oil in the spark plug tubes?
A = Yeah I have oil leaking from the driver side. Not bad but enough to burn off the manifold and make for a stinky ride.

I bit the bullet and went with ebay valve covers. Saved over $300. They were a perfect fit so we'll see how the seals hold up. I found no leaks in any of my spark plugs so I still have a set of good oem ones. It literally took me all day with some breaks between and I took my time taking pictures of details so I didn't miss anything.

When I would take a hose off, I'd put tape around the hose and the location it went to with matching numbers on the tape so I didn't connect a wrong hose.
A = Good idea. I will follow suit.

Pulled most of the wiring harness out and had to jack the car up to remove one harness from the ac compressor or condenser? I'd recommend buying new pcv hoses from z1 because I cracked two of them and had a loud air leak I had to find the next day. If I had to do it again, I could probably have it done in about 4 hrs
I will order some tomorrow. Appreciate the info.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:58 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Installed the silicone pcv hoses from z1 and am very impressed with the quality.

The following users liked this post:
cleric670 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 04:31 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Touch up paint day, this winter wasn't kind and I had about 20 small chips about the size of a ballpoint pen and 5 that were a tad bigger and went down to the metal, had to go get a new paint pen from Nissan because my last one dried up for some reason. Weather was perfect.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-img_20180323_132316.jpg  
Old 03-23-2018, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Got the steering wheel alignment fixed. This was driving straight

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo913.jpg  
Old 03-24-2018, 09:47 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Installed the silicone pcv hoses from z1 and am very impressed with the quality.
How many did you do? I think they have a small and a total set, don’t they? The complete set is a lot of hoses!

Old 03-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Just the pcv kit which is 3. I still have the driver side valve cover to do but I don't want to take the throttle body off again. They do sell a master kit, and after installing the 2 it made me want to change out all my hoses to the blue silicone ones to dress up the engine bay a bit. Maybe just the cooling lines. It's hard to find pics of anyone installing the master set. The guy I talked to at z1 said they are all handmade

Old 03-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Just the pcv kit which is 3. I still have the driver side valve cover to do but I don't want to take the throttle body off again. They do sell a master kit, and after installing the 2 it made me want to change out all my hoses to the blue silicone ones to dress up the engine bay a bit. Maybe just the cooling lines. It's hard to find pics of anyone installing the master set. The guy I talked to at z1 said they are all handmade
You don't need to remove throttle body to do that one. Just the intake. Might be easier if you do remove it, but don't need to.

I have that same Z1 kit.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
You don't need to remove throttle body to do that one. Just the intake. Might be easier if you do remove it, but don't need to.

I have that same Z1 kit.
I forgot to put that hose back on when I did my valve covers last weekend and didn't see a way without rrmoving the TB. Maybe possible, but I'm trying to keep my hands clean this weekend

Old 03-25-2018, 07:51 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Drove her 600+ miles from CLT to ATL and back for Import Alliance.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Rolling shots FTW!

Used mine to transport painted parts today.. slow ride home!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo617.jpg  
Old 03-25-2018, 11:49 PM
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
G35

Decided to take the G out given it was a nice day today. My stent to to the video store was short lived...

Driving on the highway just cruising in 6th, I started smelling oil and figure it was the truck in front of me.

About 100 yards before my exit, I noticed my oil pressure light was on. F***k, it wasn't the truck...

Throw in the clutch, coast on into the off ramp and of course I get the light. Limp in another 100 yards to the gas station right of the exit.

There is oil all over and down the passenger side. I'm 4 blocks from home...

Grab 4 quarts of oil and throw 3 in to see if the oil light simply goes out. NOPE, so I shut her down.

I get out and find a giant pool of oil some, dirty residual oil, but mostly the new oil I just threw in.

Buddies came to the rescue with a low pro jack, tools, rags, clamps, you name it. One of them even brought a filter and some oil.

Anyways, jack her up, undo the under-tray and discover one of the Aeroequip oil cooler lines came off the barbed AN fitting that fastens to the Mocal adapter.

Slip it back on and throw on a hose clamp. Added some oil and started her up again.

No weird sounds so I limped her home where I proceeded to cleanup the mess.

Ill baby it around for some miles and do an oil change. Inspecting the mag-plug and Ill cut the filter open.

Hope to God I didn't hurt anything.

Last edited by joeb1983; 03-25-2018 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Picture
Old 03-26-2018, 02:07 AM
Received 367 Likes on 336 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Rolling shots FTW!

Used mine to transport painted parts today.. slow ride home!
What kinda bike do u have?

Old 03-26-2018, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by joeb1983

Decided to take the G out given it was a nice day today. My stent to to the video store was short lived...

Driving on the highway just cruising in 6th, I started smelling oil and figure it was the truck in front of me.

About 100 yards before my exit, I noticed my oil pressure light was on. F***k, it wasn't the truck...

Throw in the clutch, coast on into the off ramp and of course I get the light. Limp in another 100 yards to the gas station right of the exit.

There is oil all over and down the passenger side. I'm 4 blocks from home...

Grab 4 quarts of oil and throw 3 in to see if the oil light simply goes out. NOPE, so I shut her down.

I get out and find a giant pool of oil some, dirty residual oil, but mostly the new oil I just threw in.

Buddies came to the rescue with a low pro jack, tools, rags, clamps, you name it. One of them even brought a filter and some oil.

Anyways, jack her up, undo the under-tray and discover one of the Aeroequip oil cooler lines came off the barbed AN fitting that fastens to the Mocal adapter.

Slip it back on and throw on a hose clamp. Added some oil and started her up again.

No weird sounds so I limped her home where I proceeded to cleanup the mess.

Ill baby it around for some miles and do an oil change. Inspecting the mag-plug and Ill cut the filter open.

Hope to God I didn't hurt anything.
Why go through all that when u know the oil line just came off? U can run a motor for a few minutes after draining the oil without causing any damage.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Scorpi0
What kinda bike do u have?
R6 slowly getting back together.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo912.jpg  
Old 03-26-2018, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
R6 slowly getting back together.
Cool. I have a ZX6R but I haven't rode in a few months ever since the weather started getting cold. Its starting to warm up so I'll be back on it soon after I get a new rear tire for it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?