The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Last time buying from non-vendor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
Last time buying from non-vendor

Bought a used brembo set a couple of weeks ago and the package came today. Asked the seller to separate the brake hard lines from the calipers before shipping, his exact text response was "ok". Package (as seen in the pic) was duct taped the contents inside were packed with flower pedals. Each caliper was put in 2 grocery bags, tied, and thrown in the box with 4 rotors and other calipers. Contacted seller, who said that lines were supposed to be bent; I will let you judge by the pics what you think, the brake lines are side by side and should have the same bend.

Asked the seller for $99 to cover aftermarket SS lines since the OEM ones I found in the marketplace were already sold. Seller wants me to pay for shipping on my dime to ship everything back to him, which would be about $100. Then, he offers another set of brake lines that he has (apparently these were just laying around) if I ship him the old set at my expense. Not gonna trust his packing; fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Either way I look at it, the weekend project I had planned will be delayed and I will have to take another couple days off later.

The way I look at it, I'm out close to $100 either way. Paypal dispute already opened. He had perfect itrader (100% for 8 ratings). Let my being shafted be a lesson to others who buy from private sellers in the marketplace: itrader is a tool, but it isn't a perfect way to judge who a transaction will go.

Attached Thumbnails Last time buying from non-vendor-photo-2-1024x768-.jpg   Last time buying from non-vendor-photo-3-1024x768-.jpg   Last time buying from non-vendor-photo-1-1024x768-.jpg   Last time buying from non-vendor-photo-4-1024x768-.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
unbelievable sorry to hear that bro, shame on the seller not keeping up on his word.GL with your project.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I wouldn't buy parts from someone I didn't know, you're always taking a chance! Are you going to have the calipers rebuilt and powder coated? I'd feel better with new brake lines rather than installing what you received! May as well do the job right so you're confident they'll work....Gary

Old 02-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
i wouldnt bother with rubber oem lines. just spend the extra $ on SS.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM

Received 802 Likes on 678 Posts
G35 Sedan
I wouldn't call it a shaft based on brake lines man..somewhat nit picking when buying used, i do think the seller should work with you on getting new lines or etc. We've had much worse stories on here, at least you received a package, I've sent money to people and not received anything.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this guy is trying to be an smart as5 with me.. he wants me to give him 100 out of 900 that he paid for this brembo set... he wants me to buy him brand new brake lines.. i got a set of lines that i can send you. but no you dont want used lines, you want the brand new set and on top u want stain less steel lines.. when you asked me to ship the lines separate i though you were going to paypal me extra 15 bucks at least to cover shipping but no you didnt you want it me to pay it out of my pocket... i wrap the calipers with foam inside a bag to prevent from touching eachotehr. i always pack my boxes good. i cannot wrap the rotors they weight over 20 pounds buble wrap wpuld do nothing to it. i tried to pack it the best i could ...

Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Lol that's your best packing and you get mad when it shows up with all the lines bent? That's your fault, why should he have to pay you more to fix the lines that you messed up because you were too lazy to ship them the right way? Take a look at how good sellers or good vendors ship these parts, because they are able to send them, packaged nicely without any damage.

You were lazy and cheap and ended up sending it to him in a sub-par manner. Either man up and make up for it without trying to charge him more for your mistake, or take all the much deserved heat and bad karma for your mistake.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 PM
and he is not talking even about the rubber lines. he is talking about the hard lines that go around the knuckle from the caliper .. you have very little knowledge about cars, you gonna go buy otehr lines which is not even what it got "bent"

because of little kids like you is why online transactions go like. you want to take advantage of paypal. and treating me with leaving bad feedback if i didnt give him a refund.... bs

Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Gary, gonna completely rebuild and powder coat them. Should look good.

And to the seller, I wouldn't have complained even though you used flower petal packing if you would have separated the brake lines like I requested. The foam you used was 1/4 thick, which did absolutely nothing to prevent the bending; separating and wrapping the lines separately would have prevented that. But you didn't, and with the substandard packing, they were bent.

I'm not trying to cheat you, but I'm not installing messed up lines. You didn't have a solution for me that didn't involve me paying you more money; that's why I'm going through PayPal. I tried to buy used lines on the forums before even contacting you, but they were sold already. I'm not going to pay a fortune for new OEM ones and the SS ones were cheapest ones I could find on this site.

Props to Charles at b2autodesigns, he's shipping me a set fast. I work on weekends, and don't want to delay this project anymore which is why I'm eating the cost right now regardless of what PayPal decides. I don't want your other set of used ones, don't want flower power packaging again. If you don't want to refund, that's fine. Karma always comes back. But don't try to deny me the chance to tell other people about you so they don't end up in the situation.

The following 6 users liked this post by a471133:
b2autodesigns (02-25-2013), c_morse (02-26-2013), Eric@TCGMiami (05-11-2013), gary c (02-26-2013), jv350z (02-25-2013), unvmyg (02-25-2013) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Better question to the OP, why did you buy used Brembos when you could of had used Akebonos which look way better and are better brakes.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM
My wheels were the reason, the MRRs I have won't clear without spacers and I don't wanna buy more wheels lol.

Also, my thread was originally about just for people to watch out when they don't buy from a reputable vendor on this site, I mentioned no names. If he wants to make this thread about him, that on him.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM
i try to help you i told you i have another set but you dont want oem lines you want to upgrade to stain less steel lines so thats why you make up all this show..

u just want me to give you 100 back out of 900 for brake lines.. i been selling online for years im always changing stuff on my cars and reselling and i know people like you that try to rob sellers and the way i notice this is when they treat you with giving bad feedback and treat you with opening a case like you did.... its a shame..

Name:  SC20130225-193052_zps8914e71e.png
Views: 67
Size:  133.2 KB

Name:  SC20130225-194047_zps823d3f33.png
Views: 56
Size:  88.3 KB

Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by a471133
My wheels were the reason, the MRRs I have won't clear without spacers and I don't wanna buy more wheels lol.

Also, my thread was originally about just for people to watch out when they don't buy from a reputable vendor on this site, I mentioned no names. If he wants to make this thread about him, that on him.
i really dont like people talking sht about me.. really wish i would of done this transaction in person.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:49 PM
One, not my problem you listed them at $1000 and shipping cost you $100, that was for you to research before hand.
Again, not trying to rob you, just want the parts to get the job done safely and correctly. You ad stated everything was in good condition. Because of your packing, it did not arrive that way.

I don't want any more of your "used" oem lines, god knows what condition they will arrive in with your packing. As far as what the lines look like, people can judge by the pics. As far as the vendor, go check his ad page, B2autodesigns.

Just because you've been selling online for years, doesn't give you the right to package like crap and then not own up to it when asked about it. I paid for the entire package as described, not to be packed like crude and then having it bent during shipping. That's why you got negative feedback.

If you did this in person, that person wouldn't have experience any of your wonderful packing. You chose to pack it that way without taking 5 mins to just separate the lines, you chose to deny anything was wrong until I sent you pictures, and now you're complaining that I'm taking bad about you? Your actions resulted in this.

The following users liked this post:
c_morse (02-26-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Michaelh90
i really dont like people talking sht about me.. really wish i would of done this transaction in person.
did u really ship using old leaves and flowers as packing material?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Last time buying from non-vendor