The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Driver in cali crashed that killed 5 ppl

Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Driver in cali crashed that killed 5 ppl

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — The young man identified by a coroner as the driver in a single-car crash that killed five teenagers did not have a driver's license or a learner's permit, California DMV officials said Wednesday.

Abdulrahman M. Alyahyan applied for a license after his 16th birthday in 2012 but the Saudi Arabian native didn't provide required documentation proving his legal presence in the U.S., said Jan Mendoza, a spokeswoman with the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Alyahan tried again in February, after turning 17, and had his picture taken by the DMV but still did not provide the proper documents, she said.
His application was still pending when he drove his Infiniti G35 into a tree in a single-car accident that also killed four teenage friends.

"This person was never licensed, period," Mendoza said.
The accident in Newport Beach split the car in half and left it engulfed in flames. Four of the teens were ejected and pronounced dead at the scene; a fifth died at a hospital.
The victims — two boys and three girls — were all enrolled at schools in the Irvine Unified School District and included a pair of sisters.
Speed was a factor in the crash, according to Newport Beach police.
Friends said Alyahyan was obsessed with his car and spent hours working on it and driving it around with his best friend, Nozad Al Hamawendi, who also died in the crash.
Alyahyan was a senior at University High School.
"Abdul loved cars. He took care of his car as if it was a human being," said friend Ibrahim Razzak, a junior at the school.
Alyahyan's passengers included 17-year-old Robin Cabrera, a senior at Irvine High, and her 16-year-old sister Aurora, a sophomore at the same school.
Also killed were Cecilia Zamora and Al Hamawendi, both 17-year-old juniors at Irvine High. Police declined to discuss the license status of any of the teens in the car, citing the ongoing investigation.
They also declined to say who was driving the car, although the Orange County coroner said Tuesday that Alyahyan was behind the wheel.
Orange County Superior Court records show Alyahyan was cited in April by Irvine police for violating the terms of a provisional license, modifying the exhaust system of his car and having an obstructed view.
The DMV said it had no record of those violations, which occurred as his license application was still pending.
Alyahyan's brother declined to give his name or speak to The Associated Press when reached by phone on Wednesday.
Autopsies were scheduled for Thursday and toxicology test results will take several weeks, said Jim Amormino, the Orange County sheriff's spokesman.
Friends said the five teens were headed to the beach for a fun Memorial Day when the tragedy unfolded on a busy thoroughfare that connects Orange County's interior with Pacific Coast Highway and its beaches.
Authorities said the wreck was one of the worst in Newport Beach in recent memory. The car hit a tree in the median, shearing it of its bark and leaving deep gouges in the trunk.
At least one of Alyahyan's friends, Tamer Mosallam, felt the Infiniti was a bit too much for such a young driver.
Mosallam was to have been the sixth teen on the beach outing, but backed out after his father ordered him to stay home and study for a test, he said.
"The car was too powerful for him. I've been in the car with him and I've driven it too," Mosallam told the AP. "It's not really a car that kids should be driving."

http://start.toshiba.com/news/read/c...ends_die_in-ap

Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 AM
I hope we dont know this guy.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Fvcking kids...

Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 AM
^ right?!? Too much power for them

Old 06-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Fvcking kids...
Every one of us has been a dumb "fvucking kid" at some point in our life, maybe in different ways, but we all have done stupid things that could've gotten us and others killed or seriously injured. We were lucky to get off alright, these kids not so much.

Instead of cursing these kids who already suffered a tragic death due to a mistake, you should probably thank the stars that you, your loved ones, your friends your kids, your future kids were hopefully lucky enough to not be so harshly punished for poor judgment calls. Just think this could very well be your kids one day, just making one bad decision and then you would be childless. How would you feel knowing some stranger who doesn't have the slightest idea about your child is judging them how you are?

The following 9 users liked this post by Xet:
AARONHL (06-04-2013), BlackBeachG35 (06-28-2013), dofu (06-05-2013), dukehotty (06-02-2013), spinna001 (06-03-2013), sum spicy rice (06-14-2013), Therzdae (06-03-2013), TIAN (06-03-2013), xXHotelCrazyXx (06-02-2013) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
I hope we dont know this guy.
Alll baaaad.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Pisses me off. Completely. My first car a 1972 super beetle. Whopping 90 hp in those babies. I really hope he was not around on this forum.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet
Every one of us has been a dumb "fvucking kid" at some point in our life, maybe in different ways, but we all have done stupid things that could've gotten us and others killed or seriously injured. We were lucky to get off alright, these kids not so much.

Instead of cursing these kids who already suffered a tragic death due to a mistake, you should probably thank the stars that you, your loved ones, your friends your kids, your future kids were hopefully lucky enough to not be so harshly punished for poor judgment calls. Just think this could very well be your kids one day, just making one bad decision and then you would be childless. How would you feel knowing some stranger who doesn't have the slightest idea about your child is judging them how you are?
If this is the same story, I believe he hit a tree in triple digits.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
My daughter's first car was a Toyota Corrola. Her first motorcycle was a 250cc Kawi.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
If this is the same story, I believe he hit a tree in triple digits.
And you've never while you were an unexperienced teenage driver driven anywhere near or above 100mph? If so I bet you're among the minority on these forums.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:05 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
It is way too much car for a kid and they were dumb for not wearing seatbelts in the first place! Especially in an Infiniti

Old 06-02-2013, 03:02 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
yeah tbh it doesnt matter what car this kid drove. young and inexperienced. bad luck. no reason to bash em anymore. everyones been there

The following users liked this post:
bigc (06-02-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Xet

Quit your whining. I'm cursing the fact that people died because some KID didn't know WTF he was doing behind the wheel of a car he couldn't handle. And yes, I did stupid things when I was younger but obviously I had the common sense to know my limits and not end up dead. I never fvcked around while putting others at risk either. Unlike one of the victims in this story who managed to take the lives of four others. In my eyes this individual was being irresponsible, immature, stupid, reckless....etc. In other words: fvcking kid...

The following users liked this post:
vqsmile (07-11-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
maybe he was that 17 year old where everyone was ***** wagging their top speeds on the street in his thread...

Old 06-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
i heard bout this. i know it was an infiniti, a G sedan i guess,but looked too mangled to tell. sad.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Driver in cali crashed that killed 5 ppl