The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

F***King depressing, wrecked my G friday.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 12:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F***King depressing, wrecked my G friday.

So I'm coming home friday night at 11pm. I usually work 8-4pm but since my sons grandma went on a 2 week trip I decided to work the night shift so me and my wife dont have to leave him with anyone else.

Well I was coming home on the 10 east freeway when apparently the guy infront of me hit something in the toll lane, which ended up moving to my lane and I couldn't avoid it. Ended up being a full size truck rim and tire that must have fell off of someones truck earlier. It sucks destroyed my front bumper, both headlights broken, drive fender is destroyed, driver window pillar is messed up, wheel got bent a little, driver side skirt got hit in the front and the rear part. passenger fender is a little messed up from the bumper, core support is destroyed, looks like some of the suspension got hit as the car bounced up from the impact. And the last and most worry some part, the roof around the sunroof has some dents, the front passenger side of the sun roof has a small inward dent, the rear part of the sun roof on the driver side looks like a some dent which went up. So i'm scared that this will mean that they will total the car out because to me it seems as if the frame got tweeked from the impact.

This totally sucks, I have own this car since new, the interior looks f*cking brand new, people have been in the back seat maybe 4-5 times my sons car seat back there maybe 3 times. No rips, no tears, no nothing i have babied this car since I got it with 2 miles from the dealer. Its been garaged it entire life, I've made sure everything was maintained to my liking.

This is seriously depressing, I have not seen another car that I thought looked better, I don't even like the look of the newer infiniti coupes. I smiled everything I went into the garage, the car made me smile whenever I drove it. it only had 80k for being an almost 10 year old car.

This totally sucks because I know I was never going to sell the car, I wanted to give it to my son, and now I know the insurance is going to try and rape me on the settlement.

By any chance has anyone had something like this happen where a front impact with an object caused enough force to twist/tweak the roof around the sun roof like that. I think the frame is tweaked, which scares me to have them try and fix the car. I've read this is a weak point for cars with sun roofs and that this can happen. So I'm nervous about what the insurance is going to say.

I'm also filing a claim with Cal Trans for any damages since they should have be checking and cleaning the freeway of large debris.

Seriously, what a shitty horrible weekend, friday my total is wrecked, my son is sick throwing up, saturday I get to see my car all jacked up in the garage, my girl gets an infection after getting her wisdom teeth pulled, and sunday i get sick. Totally jacked up week.

Ugh I want to cry, I love this car........:icon27 :

Last edited by jdmeg21; 01-26-2015 at 12:17 AM. Reason: icon not showing
Old 01-26-2015, 12:26 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Fukc, man. I just read this aloud to my gf and she wanted me to tell you that she's sorry as well as I. Condolences, man. It will be OK.

The following users liked this post:
joedaddy1 (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 12:29 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
That sucks I had the same situation 2 months ago but not as bad as yours. What's the cost of the repairs? And who is your insurance?

Old 01-26-2015, 12:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
happened friday night so I don't know the cost just yet. I have state farm and what also scares me is I've had Mercury Insurance for the life of the car up until 2 months ago, because I got life insurance thru State Farm so i got a better rate to change my car over. All the same level of full coverage. I've never had any problems with mercury so this change over to state farm scares me cause I don't know what they will say or give me for the car.

Cars gonna get dropped off tomorrow morning the the body shop. I'm going to make sure that I point out everything especiall the roof of the car so that it doesn't get over looked and they try to screw me later if they don't fix it.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:50 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. I'm glad you weren't hurt though. Keep us posted on what happens and post some pics! Good luck.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn really sorry to hear that. Hey at least it did it's job protecting you so you don't get hurt. Sucks it happened like that though, you never know what you'll see on the freeway.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow that sucks man, hopefully it goes well and there isn't any frame damage

Old 01-26-2015, 06:42 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Drifter2090
Wow that sucks man, hopefully it goes well and there isn't any frame damage
Would it really matter? Unfortunately, due to age and what parts still cost, it will most likely be totaled. If not it'll be by the skin of his teeth.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:48 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
JDMEG21, I know how you feel about your G let's pray State Farm doesn't total it! You've been around since '06 and haven't posted pic of your ride? Description of your mods sounds great, let us know what happens...we care!
Gary

Old 01-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
From reading your post. I'd start looking for another G coupe. Sorry this happened.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:04 AM
Received 194 Likes on 172 Posts
Sorry this happened but, I'd start looking for another coupe.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Condolences

Sorry about the car, but you got into an accident on the freeway... I would do my best to be happy to be alive and grateful for what you have left which sounds like a lot. Family, house, girl etc. Good luck man.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
My dad has had State Farm for years and has been happy with them so hopefully it will work out.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:09 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Dam man. Sorry to hear about the car.
One thing you shouldnt forget is that you walked away from it unscathed, something to be grateful about because on a highway, anything can happen. The car gave itself for your protection.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
JDMEG21, I know how you feel about your G let's pray State Farm doesn't total it! You've been around since '06 and haven't posted pic of your ride? Description of your mods sounds great, let us know what happens...we care!
Gary
He's posted pics of his car before lots of times. DG coupe with a Fuji exhaust IIRC..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F***King depressing, wrecked my G friday.