G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   G35 wont turn on after a drive (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/455212-g35-wont-turn-after-drive.html)

Zokey36 05-12-2016 07:00 PM

G35 wont turn on after a drive

My g35 is starting to act stupid, like three weeks ago i was driving it around for like 20 minutes i got back home turned it off went in for like ten minutes came out tried to start it and nothing no crank no sound at all tried to jump it nothing the camshaft sensors are new , new starter battery sparkplugs what could it be last it only happens after i drive it for a more than 5 minutes i have to let it sit ovenight sometimes even three days i cleaned all the terminals grounds everything could it be another sensor please help guys 2005 g35 coupe 83,000 miles

hurleyguys 05-12-2016 09:45 PM

check all your fuses. any check engine lights? when you cleaned your grounds did you sand the metal that it contacts? sometimes there is debris under the grounds that doesnt allow it to make good cantact. have you done any recent work on your car before the symptoms started to happen?

telcoman 05-15-2016 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Zokey36 (Post 7058917)
My g35 is starting to act stupid, like three weeks ago i was driving it around for like 20 minutes i got back home turned it off went in for like ten minutes came out tried to start it and nothing no crank no sound at all tried to jump it nothing the camshaft sensors are new , new starter battery sparkplugs what could it be last it only happens after i drive it for a more than 5 minutes i have to let it sit ovenight sometimes even three days i cleaned all the terminals grounds everything could it be another sensor please help guys 2005 g35 coupe 83,000 miles

Have you tested your battery?

Attachment 180763

Telcoman

Zokey36 05-16-2016 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by telcoman (Post 7059253)
Have you tested your battery?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...s102409006.jpg

Telcoman

I tested my battery alternator and starter its all good could it be a sensor heating up

telcoman 05-16-2016 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zokey36 (Post 7059336)
I tested my battery alternator and starter its all good could it be a sensor heating up

What and how did you test?

Did you test the specific gravity of each cell in the battery?

Page SC-06

"If, after charging, the specific gravity of any two cells varies more than 0.050, the battery should be
replaced."

Have you tried following the steps in the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2005/sc.pdf

See pages SC-10, 11

Telcoman

Zokey36 05-20-2016 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by telcoman (Post 7059404)

Page SC-06

"If, after charging, the specific gravity of any two cells varies more than 0.050, the battery should be
replaced."

See pages SC-10, 11

Telcoman

Thanks man for this ima check everything all my fuses the battery was bought a month ago dont think thats the problem when the car decides not to turn on it doesnt make a sound a click or anything just the lights turn on, radio all the normal stuff even if i try to jump it nothing its very frustrating one day my car stayed without gas and i kept trying to turn it on and it was just cranking and cranking i tried about five times then it stopped it would crank anymore it would just do a click so figured maybe i killed the starter , so i got the car towed home jacked it up took the starter took it to get tested and it failed bought a new starter installed it the car still didnt turn on till the next day i tried jumping it and boom it turned i drove it good for about two days without any problems then it started doing the thing were it wouldnt crank or turn on after i drove it till the next day and now it litterally doesnt turn on i tried every other day and nothing till one day after four days of just sitting there without being touched i went to try and boom it started without a problem i drove it for 15 minutes and the car ran like a champ i got back home parked it in the knowing that it wasnt gonna turn on its been a week and nothing the cars just sitting

Zokey36 05-24-2016 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by telcoman (Post 7059404)

Page SC-06

replaced."

See pages SC-10, 11

Telcoman

Could it be the crank sensor i mean the car does not crank at all

hurleyguys 05-25-2016 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Zokey36 (Post 7060178)
Thanks man for this ima check everything all my fuses the battery was bought a month ago dont think thats the problem when the car decides not to turn on it doesnt make a sound a click or anything just the lights turn on, radio all the normal stuff even if i try to jump it nothing its very frustrating one day my car stayed without gas and i kept trying to turn it on and it was just cranking and cranking i tried about five times then it stopped it would crank anymore it would just do a click so figured maybe i killed the starter , so i got the car towed home jacked it up took the starter took it to get tested and it failed bought a new starter installed it the car still didnt turn on till the next day i tried jumping it and boom it turned i drove it good for about two days without any problems then it started doing the thing were it wouldnt crank or turn on after i drove it till the next day and now it litterally doesnt turn on i tried every other day and nothing till one day after four days of just sitting there without being touched i went to try and boom it started without a problem i drove it for 15 minutes and the car ran like a champ i got back home parked it in the knowing that it wasnt gonna turn on its been a week and nothing the cars just sitting

did you buy an OEM starter? could be just a bad starter.

Zokey36 05-25-2016 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by hurleyguys (Post 7060698)
did you buy an OEM starter? could be just a bad starter.

They were discontinued and i got one from autozone

telcoman 05-28-2016 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Zokey36 (Post 7060870)
They were discontinued and i got one from autozone

Why would you replace a OEM starter without testing it first by applying 12v to it while out of the vehicle?
If it was the starter why would you not have a rebuilding shop rebuild it instead of buying some piece of crap from Autozone?

When you hear just a click and the starter does not operate that is a clear indication of a defective battery no matter how new it may be.
When hearing just a click had you measured the voltage across the battery with a voltmeter you would observe the battery voltage drop from around 12v to approximately around 6-7v which is why the starter will not crank.

As I previously suggested to you TEST YOUR BATTERY!

Don't be too embarrassed to let us know the final root cause of your problem.
You'll be helping others not to make the same troubleshooting mistakes that you did.

Good luck

Telcoman

Telcoman

Zokey36 05-30-2016 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by telcoman (Post 7061246)
Why would you replace a OEM starter without testing it first by applying 12v to it while out of the vehicle?
If it was the starter why would you not have a rebuilding shop rebuild it instead of buying some piece of crap from Autozone?

When you hear just a click and the starter does not operate that is a clear indication of a defective battery no matter how new it may be.
When hearing just a click had you measured the voltage across the battery with a voltmeter you would observe the battery voltage drop from around 12v to approximately around 6-7v which is why the starter will not crank.

As I previously suggested to you TEST YOUR BATTERY!

Don't be too embarrassed to let us know the final root cause of your problem.
You'll be helping others not to make the same troubleshooting mistakes that you did.

Good luck

Telcoman

Telcoman

Could the alternator be dead ima take out the battery starter and alternator tomorrow take them to get tested