The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

This place is a ghost town

Old 02-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This place is a ghost town

This place is a ghost town always the same 4 or 5 ppl that reply to any post the classified especially. Curious how many active members there are reply to this post if your active even with just a bump. There hasn't been a decent item for sale in classified in over a month

Old 02-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Maybe I'm one of those 4-5 people you talk about(good or bad). Your join date says january. How long you been around for? I remember when there would be pages to browse through in a day and get lost on here. It certainly is in a slump. But it keeps me coming back to check for new posts still daily. Almost everything people could really need has been answered already assuming they know how to search google. Most people have moved on from a 11 year car and were tired of seeing the same questions asked multiple times. But it sure as hell is useful when you need it. The one section that does bother me is the politic section. I don't even read them but they stay active between a few people

Old 02-11-2018, 06:37 PM
There are still people joining daily and introducing themselves too so there is a future at least. Just never gonna be like it used to be

Old 02-11-2018, 07:04 PM
I had a g37 so I was on their site I just switched over a few months ago and officially signed up in January But it's sad that this place is so downtrodden

Old 02-11-2018, 07:14 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
There's always a dozen or two updated posts for me to read through each day. I suspect a LOT more people use the SEARCH button and discover their questions have been answered many times over rather than creating new posts.

EDIT: It's always pretty slow on the weekends though which I find odd.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
There's always a dozen or two updated posts for me to read through each day. I suspect a LOT more people use the SEARCH button and discover their questions have been answered many times over rather than creating new posts.

I've found the search function on here a hit or miss most times. Better results for me on google with the tag of g35driver

Old 02-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
It's really sad what this place has become, g35/350z groups aren't what they used to be. At car meets it's rare to even run into a g35 or 350z as well.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
It's at most a 16 year old car (made in 2002). Forums of all are dying off all over because social media took over.

This is still pretty active, just not crazy active.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:28 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
I just signed up today.

But like others have said, the car is old now and not too many people are fixing them up anymore. All questions about the car have been answered and people just search and find what theyre lookin for. My car is almost fully stock at the moment and I have some plans to make it look killer. I guess I could do a build thread just to remind u guys of the good ol G35 days? Haha

Old 02-12-2018, 02:12 AM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Yeah this place is a ghost town. Should have join when i did. The forums was at it's prime. Not any more.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:19 AM
Premier Member

Received 417 Likes on 336 Posts
Lots of us OG's out there checking in every now and then, just don't post daily.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:01 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
It's inevitable really. As cars age they usually see a decline in the numbers out there and the people that own them. Also what's most disappointing to me is the quality of a majority of new members, over on my GTO forum they're called FPFQ'ers. (Falling prices, falling quality) What kills me is that the prices of G's have plummeted for the most part and now kids are buying high mileage G's for $3000 and want to know how to make the cars shoot flames and the like. The G has truly become the new Honda and although it makes me sad that's the reality we live with.

Back in the day this place was electric, pages and pages of new posts in a majority of the forums every day and we had some characters for sure. Now the G Spot will go 3 days without even a single post. For those that are newer search for people like skeleton_cru and WhosUrBuddiee, they were a riot. If I weren't a mod I'd be on here a lot less but Driver is like any other addiction, you always come back to it even though sometimes you know you shouldn't.

It was threads like this that made my day on a regular basis: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...g-problem.html

The following 3 users liked this post by Blue Dream:
Eirik (02-14-2018), gmotion04 (02-16-2018), parapraxis24 (02-16-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
It's always been like this and my theory is that a sh!tton of people browsed the forum at work then on the weekends dealt with their lives to hide their addiction from their loved ones. Classic addict behavior.

The following users liked this post:
cleric670 (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream

It was threads like this that made my day on a regular basis: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...g-problem.html
Haha thats pretty funny. I even read that link about the M3 guy using his sock as an oil fill cap.

But hey...we all do stupid **** sometimes. When I was a kid I had some nitro RC cars. When my gallon of nitro gas finished I wanted to get rid of the few drops that were remaining in there. I figured I would burn it off lol. So my dumb *** lit a match and as soon as I dropped it into the can a jet of flame shot out of the opening and burned the skin on my hand. The skin shriveled up and I had to force my hand to open whenever I tried. It sucked lol.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Well this post got a lot more responses than I expected I was a former member owner or a g37x 2012 but I just sold it my kids are older don't need a 4dr anymore but love the g so I found a 03 6mt coupe w 90k and I absolutely stole it guy was asking almost $5k it had an cel light on I convinced the guy the head gasket was gone and paid $2400 it need a front and rear bumpers had an ugly sarona kit on it but the paint on the rest of the car was like a 9.5/10 it looked like a 2-3 year old car underneath the layers of dirt the guy I bought it from just had the car sitting for last 3 years I originally bought the car to restore back to factory get rid of the body kit there was no engine mods and flip it for a nice profit the only thing mechanically it needed was a 02 sensor and new cats which I got a pair for $275 but after driving the car I fell in love with it and my intentions changed I'm a car guy from the car business been a finance manager at car dealerships for last 15 years so I love to negotiate and find great deals example I found a set of 06 projector headlights for under $200 I used car-parts.com which is a junk yard part locater and found a place that had one that was going out of business I scored the drivers side for $75 complete with ballast and bulb found the other side at a different place from the site for $120 so got both for under $200 ordered a nismo front bumper and changespeed rear bumpers for $750 shipped. I really wanted a top speed n1 exhaust but they are on back order atleast 60 days ouy min pon longer and for 2 weeks couldn't find another company making one except invidia but I didn't like the 2.3" piping top speed is 3" so I changed my search to a 350z exhaust and found the same exact exhaust made my circuit werks for $350 it's 3" and over $200 cheaper and it's finished in high polished stainless which top speed isn't and have Heard nothing but great things about circuit werks resonated y pipe so with the $ I saved on the exhaust I ordered their y pipe which looks just like motordyne xyz y pipe but only $289 but I saved $25 by ordering the exhaust and y pipe together and today I found a double din for $40 and a Aem cold air intake new but never installed for $100 I wasn't planning to buy one as I always thought it was just a decoration but I watched a video on myth busters who put it on a dyno and were shocked it added 6.75 hp in the upper range. I also have a set of 20" lexani CSS-10 from my g37 that I didn't sell with when I sold it so my project all said and done is going to stand me under 5k including the paint work which I'm having done next week I was thinking of posting about my project step by step but I didn't think there was enough people still cruising this site to even bother.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This place is a ghost town