G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   You ever dream about work you've done? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/464633-you-ever-dream-about-work-youve-done.html)

LexD 09-05-2018 01:49 PM

You ever dream about work you've done?

I swear this really happens to me. I do an install / maintenance, lets say spark plug change.

Later on that night I dream the entire sequence and awake to remember something I did not do 100%.

I go out to the car the next day (not my dd) and I know what I'm gonna find-- and sure enough 'that one clip / clamp / hose' (or whatever it was) wasn't right.

Wireds the crap outta me! Anyone else?
lol

deeliciousqueen 09-05-2018 07:30 PM

Kinda like a dejavu lol, maybe you are the chosen one! you should use that gift and help others, maybe that is your purpose in life.

FreshLikeAG 09-05-2018 07:30 PM

I can't relate but I remember a story my psychology teacher was sharing with the class during the time we were talking about REM sleep, lucid dreaming and such. Cool guy, still see him around campus and have a chat. He was building a dresser from his own plans and he couldn't figure out how to make this particular cut to finish the project. He tried drawing blue prints and still couldn't figure it out. So he slept on it and ended up having a dream on building the dresser and he says his dream gave him the answer on how to finish building the damn thing. The moment he woke up from the dream at like 3am he went and started working on the dresser right away and made the right cut to finish up building the dresser. It's definitely a fact that dreams can help solve some creative problems. The problem is remembering the dream by the time you wake up. He convinced some students to keep a journal of what they dream about. So people, get your REM sleep!

Scorpi0 09-05-2018 07:53 PM

Fact: Inventor of the sewing machine came up with his idea in a dream.

MooseLucifer 09-05-2018 07:55 PM

Hey Lex I got a rattle coming from the front passenger side of the car but can't quite figure out where from, can you sleep on it and let me know? Car is KH3 Obsidian Black if it helps :P

LexD 09-06-2018 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG (Post 7149043)
I can't relate but I remember a story my psychology teacher was sharing with the class during the time we were talking about REM sleep, lucid dreaming and such. Cool guy, still see him around campus and have a chat. He was building a dresser from his own plans and he couldn't figure out how to make this particular cut to finish the project. He tried drawing blue prints and still couldn't figure it out. So he slept on it and ended up having a dream on building the dresser and he says his dream gave him the answer on how to finish building the damn thing. The moment he woke up from the dream at like 3am he went and started working on the dresser right away and made the right cut to finish up building the dresser. It's definitely a fact that dreams can help solve some creative problems. The problem is remembering the dream by the time you wake up. He convinced some students to keep a journal of what they dream about. So people, get your REM sleep!

Yah right! Similarly-- I was just showing this posty to a (musician) friend yesterday-- he was working on a set he was playing that weekend and was having trouble with the solo on 'Landslide'. The night before the show he dreamed Lindsey Buckingham (lead guitarist of fleetwood mac) came to him and taught him how to play the solo on "Landslide". He woke up, picked up his axe and sure enough played it note it for note.

Urbanengineer 09-06-2018 08:16 PM

I dreamed up a proposal idea for a funding grant at work and secured it recently. Looks like education did us well.

saywat? 09-13-2018 08:59 PM

i sometimes will get dreams where i cant find my car .

FredG813 09-14-2018 09:24 AM

Dreams can be reavealing

Originally Posted by saywat? (Post 7149746)
i sometimes will get dreams where i cant find my car .

Many moons prior to my G, I had a 2000 Maxima. Back in those younger days I would spend tons of money on 20" chrome rims and my sound system. At that time, I used to have my car parked in front of my moms house outside of the garage. It also had no tint on it at the time.

One night I had a dream that I woke up and my car was gone. In the dream I went downstairs and looked in the front, no car. It was so realistic the feeling I had and it felt like more than just a bad dream.

Fast forward a few nights later, a friend of mine at the time and I were sitting in the car while it was in the driveway just after midnight. The moon was as full as can be, the car backed in so the front faced the street. A car pulls up in front of the house with two men it in it. The driver lets his window down and focuses intensely on the chrome rims. So much so that he does not even realize that myself and my friend were sitting in the the front seats. It actually takes the passenger after about 2 minutes to point out to him we were inside the car.

His eyes lit up like he had seen a ghost. It was as if God had revealed himself in that moment and was about to cast judgement on his soul. He quickly turned on the car and drove down the street as to pretend he had the wrong address. After sitting down the road for a few minutes parked in front of another house (the house is on a loop/circle), he quickly sped around the loop and out of the community. It was definitely organized as we saw another car speeding and driving erratically in the community maybe 5 minutes before this transpired. We had 1 paid security guard that drove around the entire subdivision at night. Once we put it all together, we realized it was a distraction for that security to give the potential thief time to take the wheels.

Now the community is paroled by the sheriffs department at night time as well as that security. There are waves of vehicle break ins that happen from time to time, as the criminals just go around checking for unlocked doors parked outside in the suburbs. You would be surprised the level of false security people get once they move to a new community away from the city.

Dreams can be extremely powerful and revealing. Without getting too deep, I believe we are linked spiritually through our dreams to things that are greater than our understanding.

Urbanengineer 09-14-2018 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by FredG813
Many moons prior to my G, I had a 2000 Maxima. Back in those younger days I would spend tons of money on 20" chrome rims and my sound system. At that time, I used to have my car parked in front of my moms house outside of the garage. It also had no tint on it at the time.

One night I had a dream that I woke up and my car was gone. In the dream I went downstairs and looked in the front, no car. It was so realistic the feeling I had and it felt like more than just a bad dream.

Fast forward a few nights later, a friend of mine at the time and I were sitting in the car while it was in the driveway just after midnight. The moon was as full as can be, the car backed in so the front faced the street. A car pulls up in front of the house with two men it in it. The driver lets his window down and focuses intensely on the chrome rims. So much so that he does not even realize that myself and my friend were sitting in the the front seats. It actually takes the passenger after about 2 minutes to point out to him we were inside the car.

His eyes lit up like he had seen a ghost. It was as if God had revealed himself in that moment and was about to cast judgement on his soul. He quickly turned on the car and drove down the street as to pretend he had the wrong address. After sitting down the road for a few minutes parked in front of another house (the house is on a loop/circle), he quickly sped around the loop and out of the community. It was definitely organized as we saw another car speeding and driving erratically in the community maybe 5 minutes before this transpired. We had 1 paid security guard that drove around the entire subdivision at night. Once we put it all together, we realized it was a distraction for that security to give the potential thief time to take the wheels.

Now the community is paroled by the sheriffs department at night time as well as that security. There are waves of vehicle break ins that happen from time to time, as the criminals just go around checking for unlocked doors parked outside in the suburbs. You would be surprised the level of false security people get once they move to a new community away from the city.

Dreams can be extremely powerful and revealing. Without getting too deep, I believe we are linked spiritually through our dreams to things that are greater than our understanding.

Great story! I've noticed the same.

Your subconscious notices thing you really think about and crafts them into your dreams. I had a really neat set of dreams and nightmares lately!

My mind is telling me the new girl is bad news :8:! Haha!