G35 Cars Looking for a new or used G35? No dealers, no exceptions.

2005 G35 Coupe $15,000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 G35 Coupe $15,000

DROPPED TO $14,000!!!

2005 5AT G35 Coupe FULLY LOADED with NAV - 105k miles

black with wheat interior, sport pkg with 19" sport wheels.

well taken care of, all maintenance records available.

Asking for $15,000.

Some pics below, more available upon request...

Last edited by R8D G; 09-02-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:02 PM
trades?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by sky14
trades?
Sorry, no trades. Cash only

Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
bump...anybody have any suggestions about my price??

Old 08-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Most people will probably wait 4 months after December 31, 2009, so that all current Infiniti G35 Coupe will drop another $2k in depreciation. Why buy a car now when you can save 2k in 3-4 months because the car will be another year older. I really like this car; it has everything I want in an Infiniti G35 coupe. I am looking for a car to replace my old Toyota Camry that has 200k+ miles. This cars has alot of miles, so I am not sure if this car will make it to 200k. I have heard problem with oil consumption requiring a new engine. Are there any Infiniti G35 over 150k in good working condition without major repairs or engine replacement?
The Nada Average Trade in value is $14725, but I think you should sell it at $12725 now, or else the car will be worth $12000 in 3-4 months. Just check the Nada value for 2004 vs 2005. In 3-4 months, you car will depreciate another $2k.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What the hell are you talking about? LOL... First of all the oil consumption problem is more with the revups, which his is not because it's 5at.
Second of all, OF COURSE his car will depreciate...but it's not a fixed value. Says who that it'll go down exactly $2K? Maybe it will go down $3K...maybe $1K. It depends on the market.
Third, trade in value? I don't see him trading it in, do you? I just finished looking it up in NADA and it's value is at $20K. KBB has it for $16K using 33601 as a zip code ( don't know his zip but 33601 is in Tampa ).
Fourth, no one asked for your opinion.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by GT-ER
What the hell are you talking about? LOL... First of all the oil consumption problem is more with the revups, which his is not because it's 5at.
Second of all, OF COURSE his car will depreciate...but it's not a fixed value. Says who that it'll go down exactly $2K? Maybe it will go down $3K...maybe $1K. It depends on the market.
Third, trade in value? I don't see him trading it in, do you? I just finished looking it up in NADA and it's value is at $20K. KBB has it for $16K using 33601 as a zip code ( don't know his zip but 33601 is in Tampa ).
Fourth, no one asked for your opinion.
Yes, I am a newbie. I know the car will not drop exactly $2000.00, but it will depreciate, but $2000.00 is average. Check out 2005 Infiniti G35 Cost Of Ownership.

"First of all the oil consumption problem is more with the revups, which his is not because it's 5at." Are you wiling to guarantee that this engine does not have oil consumption problem?
"all the oil consumption problem is more with the revups," so is oil consumption problem possible with the 5AT? Yes, it is possible. Did I state that this particular engine & car has oil consumption problem? No, I did not, but it is possible. Something, I have to worry about, when I decide to buy a Infiniti G35 coupe, but I have not worry if I decide to buy a Lexus IS350.

I was quoting trade in value, but no one is forcing you to use trade in value, so you are telling me that this car is worth $20k? Sure, GT-ER suggests listing this car for 20k. Again, he wanted a suggestion, my opinion.

Okay, then I take back my $12725. GT-ER suggests listing the car for $20k or $16K. Check out all the sold Infiniti G35 coupes on eBays. I am sure GT-ER has done has research. The car will definitely sell for 20k or 16k. Again, he wanted a suggestion.

"Fourth, no one asked for your opinion"
He stated "bump...anybody have any suggestions about my price??" Can you read?

Is someone angry, that he over paid or the fact that any cars will depreciate?

"What the hell" Is there any need for this language. What are you? Do you have any self-control? I bet you use this type of language often right?

Thus, he requested an opinion, but instead you (GT-ER) criticized me and suggested offering the car for $20k or $16k. I hope this will help him sell the car sooner.

"NADA and it's value is at $20K. KBB has it for $16K" KBB has it for $15k for good condition. I can not tell by the picture, but very few 100K miles and 5+ year old car can be in excellent condition.

Last edited by markkin; 08-22-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the input guys...yes, i was merely just looking for peoples opinions...I havent listed the car for long, but I didnt get a single inquiry about it and was wondering what I might be doing wrong. Still havent done autotrader, but on craigslist I got nothing.

I am selling the car privately, not as a trade-in. Carmax offered me $11k for it, which I used as my baseline...I know they lowball a little, and I know that if I sell the car myself I should be able to get more than a trade-in value...I also looked at similar G35 coupes (which there werent many that were fully loaded with high mileage like mine) and came up with roughly $15k. Im willing to go down to the 14's, but I didnt want to start there and figured I would start a little higher and negotiate down.

I actaully used edmunds to calculate what it would be worth and I put fair as the condition...not excellent or good...it came up with around $16k. So thats why I was wondering why I wasnt getting any hits.

Thanks for the input guys, more opinions are welcome...help me sell this car!!

Old 08-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Any body have any suggestions on how I can sell it faster?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try craigslist

Old 08-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by markkin
Yes, I am a newbie. I know the car will not drop exactly $2000.00, but it will depreciate, but $2000.00 is average. Check out 2005 Infiniti G35 Cost Of Ownership.

"First of all the oil consumption problem is more with the revups, which his is not because it's 5at." Are you wiling to guarantee that this engine does not have oil consumption problem?
"all the oil consumption problem is more with the revups," so is oil consumption problem possible with the 5AT? Yes, it is possible. Did I state that this particular engine & car has oil consumption problem? No, I did not, but it is possible. Something, I have to worry about, when I decide to buy a Infiniti G35 coupe, but I have not worry if I decide to buy a Lexus IS350.

I was quoting trade in value, but no one is forcing you to use trade in value, so you are telling me that this car is worth $20k? Sure, GT-ER suggests listing this car for 20k. Again, he wanted a suggestion, my opinion.

Okay, then I take back my $12725. GT-ER suggests listing the car for $20k or $16K. Check out all the sold Infiniti G35 coupes on eBays. I am sure GT-ER has done has research. The car will definitely sell for 20k or 16k. Again, he wanted a suggestion.

"What the hell" Is there any need for this language. What are you? Do you have any self-control? I bet you use this type of language often right?

Thus, he requested an opinion, but instead you (GT-ER) criticized me and suggested offering the car for $20k or $16k. I hope this will help him sell the car sooner.

"NADA and it's value is at $20K. KBB has it for $16K" KBB has it for $15k for good condition. I can not tell by the picture, but very few 100K miles and 5+ year old car can be in excellent condition.
LOL OWNED!!!!!! I may not buy my coupe till next year. The prices are ridiculous.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by markkin

YIKES...I didn't see the post above yours.

Sorry man, I just get so pissed when people start talking crap when others are trying to sell their cars and imagine how I read you post without seeing the one before it....LOL. I read your post and thought "who the hell does this guy think he is?"....I'm seriously sorry for beating on you.

Reading comprehension > me.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Free bump for a guy that actually started off with a reasonable asking price. I've been looking for a while for my next coupe and there are people asking for 18K-20K for an '04, which is insane (and the reason why their cars have been for sale for months). The seller here actually has an understanding of what his car is worth, good luck with the sale.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by CHudson Coupe
Free bump for a guy that actually started off with a reasonable asking price. I've been looking for a while for my next coupe and there are people asking for 18K-20K for an '04, which is insane (and the reason why their cars have been for sale for months). The seller here actually has an understanding of what his car is worth, good luck with the sale.
Thanks man, I appreciate it...yeah I've seen most in the 18k-20k range, and thought that my price would at least get some inquiries...but all I got was one guy from craigslist, and then I never heard back from him. Just wondering why its not getting any attention, considering this is one of the most popular cars out right now

Old 08-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Osa713
try craigslist
I did, and I keep getting flagged for some reason...and every time I repost, people keep flagging it...its getting really annoying, I dont know why that keeps happening

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 G35 Coupe $15,000