G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone with a september order?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with a september order?

Hey anyone here have one? If you do, do you have any information about dates and things

Old 09-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Re: Anyone with a september order?

I ordered exactly two weeks ago (sept 5th), the guy told me sometime in november.

That was also the last day that they took orders in sept.

So it looks like I may have to buy those snow tires before I even get a chance to really enjoy my G. Oh well, at least that'll be the break-in period.

Old 09-19-2003, 12:50 PM

I ordered my last week (Sept 13th) and was told by the dealer that it would be ordered in the first week of October and to expect it late November at the earliest.

Being from Connecticut, getting a car like this in December is gonna stink, but hey, at least I can sit in the garage and stare at it!

Old 09-19-2003, 02:34 PM

Hey...I have a september order in CT too...where did you order? I ordered from Harte in West Haven. They didn't give me an eta..they are hoping they'll find it sooner...
Luckly my beater ('94 probe) has blizzaks so this thing won't have to see the snow...

Old 09-19-2003, 03:28 PM

I orderd mine Aug 11th so i think i have a sept order as well. Does any one have a order number/letter? I still havent called to get it. My dealer told me to expect it early dec. Oh and im in NJ.

Old 09-19-2003, 05:10 PM

Hey Justme...

I ordered mine from Harte in Hartford! Small world eh? They seemed like a good dealership...knowledgable and friendly. I paid MSRP...but I'm sure you did too!

I'm actually really worried about driving the G knowing what our winters are like (and I hear this year should be no different). I totalled my Mitsu Eclipse last winter after I lost it on some black ice...and that was front wheel drive!

Are you going to continue driving the beater when the weather is rough, or are you going to go with winter tires and just drive the G? I'm seriously considering still driving my beater when it's nasty, and only taking the G out when it appears fairly manageable.

Old 09-19-2003, 05:11 PM

I ordered on august 15 from Suburban Infiniti in Michigan... i called today and the dealer said it should be in mid-november mabye earlier...

Old 09-19-2003, 05:34 PM

Yeah, Hart auto group is hard to bargain with but I got $500 off msrp because I was willing to cancel my order with Devin infiniti in Farifield.
My "real" car now is a 2000 firebird formula and with the abs/traction controll I've never had problems driving it in snow. Call me crazy but I like rwd better in snow as long as it's got all the traction features.
Basically I'm planning on driving the beater in the snow then buying snow tires for the g with the money I make selling it...

Old 09-19-2003, 09:15 PM

That's what I should have done...told them that I had "already placed my order with another dealer!" Ha! If they asked me why I was there...I could have told them that I was "...uhh...just in the area!"

That's great that you got $500 off MSRP. When I pressed the dealer about the price...he really stood firm. If I knew I could have gotten a couple of g's off the G...then I prolly would have worked a bit harder...

Anyway...tell me this: how in the world are you dealing with the anxiety?! My order is a week old, and already I'm going nuts! I think my girlfriend is going to really start to hate me soon! I feel like a 10 year old waiting for Santa!

Old 09-20-2003, 11:54 AM

I told them the truth...I was just there to see what CB looked like on the coupe (I was thinking of changing my order) and I had no intention of going with their dealership since Devin in Fairfield is closer to where I work. I really did perfer to go with Devin because I already had and order ready to go and they seemed more perfessional (less like your typical car dealers). I had some serious "hand"...I loved it
My salesman with Harte is was cool though...he was really flexible...even when I decided I must have tb and changed my color after my origional po went through.
And man, it blows my mind I'm gonna be driving a g soon! It's unreal! But for now I just have to focus on selling my firebird..it hasn't been easy...

What kind did you get? Loaded 6mt here. We should start a CT car club...I don't know about you but I never see coupes on the road....

Old 09-20-2003, 12:48 PM

I got the same car! Loaded 6MT...Nav, Prem, Aero (and yeah, I got the BSMs). I had to go with LR. I had stopped by Harte a few months back when I was first thinking about the G, and they really only had a limited number of cars, so I didn't get to see all the colors. At that point, I was pretty set on DG. You know (as I do) how many silver/grey cars there are in CT though...so I've been wrestling with the color choice right up until I ordered last week.

I went to Harte planning on just going with DG, but when I saw the LR coupe they had in stock, my jaw hit the pavement! I think the only word that came to mine was...SEXY!. On an impulse...I got the red (graphite interior).

A car club sounds great...to be honest, I've only seen two Gs in this state ever...a black auto in Norwich (near my office), and a red 6MT that I spotted in Vernon just this week near my girlfriend's house (drool drool). I like the fact that this car (at least for the moment) seems to be a bit rare.

What are your after delivery plans? I'm planning on having Harte do a clear bra before it even hits pavement. I'm also thinking about going around and collecting a few parts so that I can tinker with the car while the weather stinks. I'm most likely going for a CAI, brighter bulbs, exhaust...

Old 09-22-2003, 08:30 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Justme...

I'm from CT too, ordered my 04' coupe 6MT DG/G/Pre/NAV back in July, and hopefully should get it, in a couple of weeks ;-)
We should definitely setup something for all the G guys here in CT...

Old 09-22-2003, 10:27 AM

I'm not sure...I might have seen you at the West Haven Harte...I remember a guy in a black eclipse looking at a red 6mt...I had to wait because he was with my salesman.
I like the red 6mt with full areo kit a lot but I love blue so I had to get tb when it came out. I didn't get the full areo kit (just the spoiler) so I'm thinking about getting that after if I think the car needs it. I'd also love the get the factory rims chromed (any idea who would do that?) and the cia. I don't want to tinker with the car too much though...I did with the firebird and it lost it's "factory fresh" appeal way too soon.

The only g's I've seen in ct were a black auto in Westport and a dg auto in Orange. I was doing some work from my job all over the Norwich region a few weeks back and never saw any sedans or coupes. Never see any in Milford where I live either. It's been out for a year, I would expect to see more!
Speaking of Milford...a lot of ct car clubs like to meet up across from my condo in a half-empty parking lot across from the beach. One morning I took my dog out to find about 25 new bmw m3s staring back at me! We'll have to show 'em up...

Old 09-22-2003, 10:31 AM

Hey...nice to hear from ya...what area are you from?

Old 09-22-2003, 03:31 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a little bit down to the south - Stamford to be exact.
Ordered mine from Devan in Fairfield, they were the closest to me, and so far I'm happy with their sales guys.
I should have my baby in a couple of weeks or so.
Where are you from exactly?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a september order?