G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Discovery.My bike fits inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discovery.My bike fits inside

Before buying my G, I used a civic hatch as my daily. Besides the gas mileage, the best part was the ability to fit my road bike inside with minimal deconstruction. I'm a big time roadie and like to put in 35-40miles every night after work. So the ability to take my bike with me was always in my mind.

After looking at dimensions, peering in showroom models, and asking owners if a bike would fit in the G...the question was still unanswered before my purchase. I bought the car anyway, hoping that my 5900 would fit inside...so I wouldn't have to seek other methods of transporting my bike with me.

And the answer is...it fits! Just have to pop down the back seats and take off the front wheel. Not sure if there are any roadies on this forum...but for reference I ride a 60cm (by Trek standards) frame with 44cm bars. So anything smaller would fit even better

Old 06-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Awesome, I was curious about that. When I get my bike, I'll try it. Thanks for the info and pics!

Old 06-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
well, you can definitely fit two golf bags in the trunk.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by alphamatt
well, you can definitely fit two golf bags in the trunk.
or 3 bodies if you angle them right.

Old 06-04-2006, 03:26 AM
hehe.

i had my snowboard in the back once.
i'll be thrill if i can fit my dirtbike...

Old 06-04-2006, 03:52 AM
holy sheet...how'd you do that? i've been trying to fit my trek madone in my car to no avail.....

Old 06-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by saitcho
or 3 bodies if you angle them right.

4... but uhhh.... yeah....

Old 06-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Coppi51
Before buying my G, I used a civic hatch as my daily. Besides the gas mileage, the best part was the ability to fit my road bike inside with minimal deconstruction. I'm a big time roadie and like to put in 35-40miles every night after work. So the ability to take my bike with me was always in my mind.

After looking at dimensions, peering in showroom models, and asking owners if a bike would fit in the G...the question was still unanswered before my purchase. I bought the car anyway, hoping that my 5900 would fit inside...so I wouldn't have to seek other methods of transporting my bike with me.

And the answer is...it fits! Just have to pop down the back seats and take off the front wheel. Not sure if there are any roadies on this forum...but for reference I ride a 60cm (by Trek standards) frame with 44cm bars. So anything smaller would fit even better

thanks for the info....would it be possible to post a pic of your bike outside the trunk so I could get a better idea of the size compared to my mountain bike?

thanks

Old 06-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Good find! Now if you could fit a gyrl back there? hmm...

Old 06-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha, I will remember this! I put 4 20" rims with mounted tires in mine (not stacked)...

Old 06-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by superdds
holy sheet...how'd you do that? i've been trying to fit my trek madone in my car to no avail.....
What size is your Madone? It should fit if 60cm or below...takes a little finesse...but its possible.

maxpower:
My friend tried to fit a mountain bike in his...but couldn't. Here's a pic of my bike for reference...but due to the wider bars on a mtn bike...it might be more difficult (if at all possible) to fit. Good luck!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS

Looking at that 60cm and the extension on the seatpost, I'm surprised that YOU fit in the G, Coppi

Old 06-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Location: Metropolitan South Farmington, not too far from the supercity we all know as Wilmot, NS
p.s. you're braver than I- I fiddled with my Pinarello for a good twenty minutes, fearing that I was either going to do damage to the car or bike or both, and wrote off the idea in the end. I guess I'll hafta try again. I'm just excessively fearful of scratching paint, or tearing leather on the seatback, or marking the back seat area of the car. If you can get a sixty in, my 58" Paris should be no probs.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by derek
p.s. you're braver than I- I fiddled with my Pinarello for a good twenty minutes, fearing that I was either going to do damage to the car or bike or both, and wrote off the idea in the end. I guess I'll hafta try again. I'm just excessively fearful of scratching paint, or tearing leather on the seatback, or marking the back seat area of the car. If you can get a sixty in, my 58" Paris should be no probs.
yeah definitely...but you do have to mess with the crank a bit when sliding the bike in. It might initally not want to fit...but if you spin the crank a bit...it will change the pedal positioning...allowing some more room.

haha...I fit i the G fine...I'm 6'1...maybe the pic of the bike is deceiving, hehe

Old 06-04-2006, 11:23 PM
What size is your Madone? It should fit if 60cm or below...takes a little finesse...but its possible.

maxpower:
My friend tried to fit a mountain bike in his...but couldn't. Here's a pic of my bike for reference...but due to the wider bars on a mtn bike...it might be more difficult (if at all possible) to fit. Good luck!

i'm a midget and my madone is a 50cm...so i should be able to fit two madones and a trainer!...thanks again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Discovery.My bike fits inside