G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Rattles Galore...Everywhere

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rattles Galore...Everywhere

I did indeed talk to the dealership today. We agreed that i should make a list and go on from there. But after this list and things are not solved... letter to inifity headquarters. BTW: he said there are somethings we cant fix. BUllshit right. I made top dollars and i expect any problems i have with this car to be fixrd. ANyhow i didnt tell him that but if the problems arent fixed and he tells me thats how it is then imma set him straight.

When i test drove my car is was in all good conidtion. It was just after a week ot two is when everythoing was falling apart.

Old 10-15-2003, 04:03 PM

I can appreciate your frustration xenon. I think you've got a rational approach now. Having everything written down in a list will help everyone concerned. Really, they should be able to fix everything.

I must have lucked out. My car is perfection in fit and finish. Just out of curiousity, I took it out for a spin during lunch after reading the first post here. I intentionally drove over some bumpy lane dividers, and listened for any noises. There was nothing but the standard noise of the tires going over the bumps. There was no drifting, and no noise from the brakes. The 6MT transmission shifts like a dream through all gears, and the clutch feels solid. Twice I've had it be stubborn getting into reverse in the 3 weeks I've had it, but that's not unusual in a MT, and just rolling a couple inches solved the problem.

I guess it doesn't mean my car won't fall apart next week, as some guys have had happen to them, but so far, so awesome.

By the way.. if you continue to have issues with the dealership, you can call Infiniti customer relations. They'll establish a record, with a number, and get to work helping you out.

Did you fill out your Infiniti customer satisfaction survey yet? That's a really important thing to a dealership and they'll kiss your **** however they have to in order to get perfect marks. I'm having my dealer bribe me for perfect scores with free oil changes.

Old 10-15-2003, 10:08 PM

about shifting, my 1-2 is jerky, i dont know if im shifting ugly or what. The rest of my shifts from other gears are smooth..... Is there a possiblity i myabe have a problem?

Old 10-15-2003, 10:34 PM

as for shifting 1-2, it's all about the timing.. I get smoother shift when the rpm is lower.. but most of the time I don't really bother to get smooth shifting so I get jerkiness too...

2003 G35 Coupe 6spd

Old 10-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an 04 Coupe, July production. No rattles here. I rarely use my radio. Solid as a rock. My steering drift problem was resolved when I switched my front two tires from one side to another. I guess I'm lucky. Also, I believe the 18 tires cause those cars to ride harder, thus causing more rattles.

04 G35C/IvoryPearl/5AT/Premium

Old 10-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Re: Rattles Galore...Parcel Shelf Solution

I've got a 2003 G35 Coupe and my dealer was able to isolate and repair the rattle on the rear parcel shelf. It took a couple days, but here's how it went.

First, I took the head service tech (not my service rep) for a ride on a nice & bumpy road. He sat in the back listening for the rattle. Heard it, but couldn't locate it. (My husband and I had tried this ourselves before -- we knew the sound was coming from the back, but couldn't make it stop by pressing or pushing anything, plus it was intermittent.)

Left the car at the dealer (Infiniti of Scottsdale) one night to have the driver's window motor replaced (2nd one in a week) and to have the rear rattle fixed. They took care of the window the following day, and performed TSB ITB03-023A for the rattle, but this did not resolve the problem.

They then proceeded to dismantle the back interior of the car. Removed the rear seats and who knows what else. (Of course, when I heard this, all I could think was, "great, they'll fix the $%^&*@ rattle in the parcel shelf only to create 3 new ones elsewhere when they put it all together again.”)

Every time they took something out, they test drove to listen for the noise. They had one guy IN the trunk, one in the back seat, and the driver.

The repair order says: “Found parcel shelf missing bolts — replaced bolts.” Also used felt cloth tape and 2 urethane pads. My service rep told me that a guy crawled into the trunk on his back and looked UNDER the parcel shelf. They found holes for 3 bolts, but that there were no bolts in place from the factory.

I was truly impressed with their diligence — the rattle really is gone. Perhaps I should say the PARCEL SHELF rattle is gone. The rear view mirror rattles on really bumpy roads, and I hear a new one developing in the steering column, but the worst rattle was the parcel shelf, and it’s gone. My service rep told me, “for what you paid for that car, it shouldn’t rattle — bring it in if there’s a problem.” He’s right, and I will do exactly that.