G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please allow me to apologize....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Please allow me to apologize....

does anybody know why my brain think "MT is more reliable than AT" doesn't exist on g?? manual should be much more reliable but i guess it's either AT has improved a lot or infiniti made serious mistake on 6spd gcoupes...

Old 10-24-2003, 08:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well man to tell the truth this is my first ever nissan. Before that only Hondas and Toyotas. One thing I have heard over and over from my friends that owned Maxima's and other Nissans was that the Auto trannies they made were very smooth and very reliable. I just figured since a MT is an even less sophisticated device that it would be EVEN MORE reliable than the Auto. Boy was I wrong. I still love my MT though and the fact that I got my brembos with it. My motto was I hated the MT during the work week, but loved it oh so much on those weekend trips. Peace.

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 10-24-2003, 11:33 PM

I still don't know why Americans prefer Auto over Stick (yes I was born and raised here). Personally, I think our culture just rewards laziness.

The main reason I stick with Nissan products is that they are one of the few manufacturers who still offer a stick in almost every vehicle. I shed a few tears when the Pathfinder went Auto-only.

Personally, I get sick to my stomach every time I look in a parked Corvette/Miata/350Z or any other sports car and see an Automatic shift **** in it - what a waste!

I bet if they had a car that steered for you, most people would pick that too. Not me.

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded
[i]HyperGround Kit
350Z intake duct
K&N drop-in
Aluminum pedals
50%-35% smoke tint

Old 10-25-2003, 12:01 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I still don't know why Americans prefer Auto over Stick (yes I was born and raised here). Personally, I think our culture just rewards laziness.

<hr></blockquote>

Let me answer that for you so you stop tossing your cookies. Automatics are fun too.
I have no idea why that is so hard for some people to understand. [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]
We A/T owners are happy--not lazy---HAPPY.......[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 10-25-2003, 01:11 AM

I think it wasn't the point of lazyness associated with his comment against AT. Rather I think the point is lack of control; in a AT you don't feel connected to the car, manual mode or anything. Wen you feel the release point on the clutch and slowly, or rapidly, release it and step on the gas, you feel almost like the vehicle is a further extension of yourself, as opposed to just operating it. If this wasn't the case, why wouldn't they just make MT without the clutches right? All you have to do is move the ****? BMW does pretty close with the sequential gear selector thing. But its just not the same feeling... If anyone understands wht Im trying to get through.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 10-25-2003, 01:30 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

This "chattering" that you refer to, I think I may have it also. Let me explain what I hear:
Sometimes while driving, after just starting the car up, while going from say 2nd or 1st and pushing in the clutch, it sounds like something is making a clanking sound, like somethign is dropped. It's hard to explain, and only happens when the car hasn't warmed up yet. Is that what you experienced? Should I be concerned? Keep in mind, this only happens probably 1 of 10 times from starting. Thanks

2003.5 6MT Premium Black Coupe Al. Pedals Grounding kit Borla TD exhaust PIAA lights

Old 10-25-2003, 01:06 PM

I am like completely opposite of you. I regret that I should've gotten the 6 speed, as my friend did. And now he's enjoying every mile in his G. Don't be sad that you have to replace the trans, may be the next one will last forever.

Old 10-25-2003, 02:45 PM

it's little off topic but,
well i don't ask for ride if they got manual transmission.. my head go front and back everytime the driver push in out clutches and i just don't feel safe in any of manual cars... of course driver is know what he/she doin but the person next to you always feel not safe and get ready for anything possibly happen... and someone complained about why people in US don't drive manual, it's simple bcuz why would you do shifting like hell everyday while automatic can do it for you... and every people likes automatic(not transmission)... why people use elevators, power windows, garage opener etc etc bcuz they do what you want them to do... i dunno know why people are so crazy about "manual transmission" while they prefer other things to be an automatic(big example is people complain why g coupe don't get full power seats)...if you like manual so much, how about get everything as "manual functions", a car with no power window, no power seats, MANUAL TRANSMISSION(YES!!), no power locks etc.... have a fun with 100% pure driver's car... i'll just enjoy fully automatic car and i'll drive sterring wheel...
P.S this is not toward to manual drivers, it's toward people who drive manual and make fun of AT drivers...

Old 10-25-2003, 03:15 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly man, to each his own.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 10-25-2003, 03:20 PM

sorry to disappoint you but i traded in my integ GS-R for g coupe auto... gsr only comes with manual... sick and tired of stick within 2years and i just threw away... and if i'm remember correctly, i already told you i had manual car b4(i think when we had big 6mt vs 5at war like a month ago and u asked me if i ever own a manual car)... anf meaning "fun" can be differ to every person... sure nerds are having fun reading 300 pages long book in one day!!!(i'm def not)... i'm sure didn't having "fun" with my gsr... if you think shifting is fun for you you got the right choice but for me shifting is not "fun" and getting worse and worse everyday... so my choice was obvious... again it's not flame wars... just my opinion...
IMO, no one can shift as smoothly as AT...<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by uheenada on 10/25/03 12:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-25-2003, 07:02 PM

it's totally out of topic but when that "newbie" next to my id will disappear? i want something different now... is that change automatically or can i change to something else?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.