G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Crappy Weather in WA=I'M A DARE DEVIL (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/127705-crappy-weather-wa-im-dare-devil.html)

JOKER 11-28-2006 12:39 PM

Crappy Weather in WA=I'M A DARE DEVIL

Well I'm not actually dare devil but what I did this morning was crazy. So I live 22 miles away from my office. And it usually takes me bout 15 min to get to it. My other car in the family is Volkswagen Passat vr6. So I get up in the morning and everything is covered with snow. I got bold summer tires on my G. So I decide to take G to work and live VW for me wife.
The end result that it took me 2 hours to get to work. I have managed to go sideways and backwards on the highway this morning. It sure was fun scatting in the G. But now I'm sitting here and thinking "HOW AM I GOING TO GET BACK HOME"
I left VW for my wife but when I got out onto the snowy roads I told her to stay home. So now I'm 22 miles away from home and the only person in the office today. (It's my office I had to come in) So I figured instead of being all depressing today LETS HAVE SOME FUN.

So will I be able to get home in one piece, or not.

Place your bets ladies and gentlemen.

kennyz424 11-28-2006 12:55 PM

i voted you will crash man... i really really hope you dont but cmon man our cars are known to suck *** in snow =-( please keep it where it is and fine some1 with an awd vehicle to take you home. Dont risk your G =-(

kennyz424 11-28-2006 12:55 PM

and another thing... i REALLY CANT WAIT for it to snow here in Jersey man lol Even though i garage my car when it does i really miss the snow and looking outside and seeing everything white =-(

chobble19 11-28-2006 01:07 PM

although i miss the snow too i would really hate it on my G! i can only imagine what driving on it is like :eek:

GeeWillikers 11-28-2006 01:19 PM

How about this freaking weather man?

I drove the diesel in this morning. The G is in the garage, I can't even get her down the driveway without risking sliding all the way down the hill in my neighborhood.

It was freaking 16 degrees this morning, with a wind chill of 3. Seattle is frozen solid - cars abandoned everywhere because there is NO TRACTION. LOL

WTF? :eek:

Joker's gonna beef. :D :p

chobble19 11-28-2006 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
How about this freaking weather man?

I drove the diesel in this morning. The G is in the garage, I can't even get her down the driveway without risking sliding all the way down the hill in my neighborhood.

It was freaking 16 degrees this morning, with a wind chill of 3. Seattle is frozen solid - cars abandoned everywhere because there is NO TRACTION. LOL

WTF? :eek:

Joker's gonna beef. :D :p

damn that totally sucks a$$

JOKER 11-28-2006 01:24 PM

U guys have no faith in ME and my G?

redlude97 11-28-2006 01:58 PM

Its not the snow you should be worried about, its the ice thats everywhere. Seriously, don't try to drive it anywhere on the summer tires, I was driving when it first started to come down on sunday and I didn't have much traction.

fcarpio 11-28-2006 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by JOKER
U guys have no faith in ME and my G?

Yes we do, but take a taxi dude!

FlameOn 11-28-2006 02:14 PM

It takes you 15 mins in fair condition to get to work, 22 miles away! Wow :eek: I live 29 miles from my job and it takes about a 1/2 hr to 45 min depending on traffic. If you are referring to Washington State where you live, I've worked out there before, and traffic there is no joke either, just like Los Angeles, espicially when its raining. Ha! And that’s everyday. :D

Locksmith 11-28-2006 02:29 PM

I voted that you'll make it home safe... but, just wanna let u know to go super slow and leave vdc on, and drive SLOWWWWWW. You'll be ok!

JOKER 11-28-2006 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Geez35
It takes you 15 mins in fair condition to get to work, 22 miles away! Wow :eek: I live 29 miles from my job and it takes about a 1/2 hr to 45 min depending on traffic. If you are referring to Washington State where you live, I've worked out there before, and traffic there is no joke either, just like Los Angeles, espicially when its raining. Ha! And that’s everyday. :D

Both way I go against the traffic so that is why I'm able to get there that fast.

Jeff92se 11-28-2006 02:34 PM

I borrowed my parent's fwd wagon and left my g sedan there (on coupe 19s and re050s).

I drove home last night from tukwilla to seattle and it wasn't bad but my parking lot at work had 2" so so. It was a tad hairy last night.

It all depends where you are. Eastside near factoria, you are okay. But to East on i-90 past Eastgate, you are fooked. South past Southcenter, you are fooked. North past downtown, you are fooked.

But at 22 miles I got to imagine you are out in one of these areas. I wish you luck.

GreenGoblin 11-28-2006 02:38 PM

just drive slow and be careful you can get home

jerjerboy 11-28-2006 02:47 PM

Just becareful and drive really slow! and hope the ones who share the road with you will do the same :)