G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   Exhaust???????? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/127748-exhaust.html)

russian69 11-28-2006 04:54 PM

Exhaust????????

I was looking to buy an exhaust for my infiniti g35 04.
I was looking at hks hi power....
any other recomendations
P.S. what else could i do to gain power and torques without putting supercharger or turbocharger

izmir41500 11-28-2006 05:01 PM

search the forums and browse a little. there are tons of newbie threads on stuff for performance. basically you're looking for NA mods so...

You can get intake/breathing mods - jwt pop charger, z-tube+filter combo, stillen intake, injen cold air intake (cai), plenum and plenum spacers from motordyne, kinetix, stillen, crawford, headers, high flow cats...

exhaust - hks hi power, injen, stillen, fast intentions...

technosquare ecu reflash, utec, and other piggyback ecu tuning stuff...

keep in mind all these combined will end up costing more will not get you the power from a supercharger or turbo. from reading the boards the safest supercharger out there is the vortech.

Ralph0064 11-28-2006 06:11 PM

^ he's pretty much got it down

nchima 11-28-2006 06:26 PM

search.

Calvin 11-28-2006 06:40 PM

imo...

hks hi power (looks and gains)
injen ti tip (looks and gains)
fast intentions (gains)

MaxGsII 11-28-2006 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by russian69
I was looking to buy an exhaust for my infiniti g35 04.
I was looking at hks hi power....
any other recomendations
P.S. what else could i do to gain power and torques without putting supercharger or turbocharger

I'm running the Stillen, and it's hotttttttt!

LIUser 11-28-2006 09:55 PM

your not gunna see very much gain when u do all these mods... like the 2nd post says, jsut follow.

plenum spacer, intake, exhaust, ecu work. you could aways jusdt buy rims and the apr widebody kit :)

ltrrtl218 11-29-2006 12:04 AM

ive got the greddy evo and i like it

Nismo G 11-29-2006 12:32 AM

I have the stillen, i like the sound and the gain i got in return. Alot of people on here like the HKS i think its just way to loud, if you plan on putting test pipes forget about it, the thing is so going to be so rediculously loud it might sound good on the inside, but on the outside haha. Fujitsubo is a not so popular exhaust, but i have been doing my research and i believe that it is more than enough air flow for our cars while maintaning a nice look and extremely stock sound note and also providing nice gains. With the fujitsubo y pipe and exhaust you are probably gaining around the same as you are with HKS, Stillin, fast intentions while keeping it under the stock exhaust weight probably weighing in at around 48 pounds (stock is 60-65 i think?).

Other mods you might want to take into consideration are:

-Cold air intake or short ram intake (most of the people on here have the z tube with a drop in filter). If you plan on getting a piggy back system go with a cold air intake you will have alot more power than short ram or z tube with drop in filter.

-Spacer just depending on where you want your power at top end or mid range. Motorsdyne offers a few different options a 1/2 spacer or 5/16 spacer. I went with the 5/16 spacer so i could produce power all the way through my power band rather than the 1/2 spacer that provides power at the top end (4000 RPM +).

- Piggy back system, basicly this is just going to tune your engine to all the parts you put on it. I highly recommend getting one of these. I have the apexi AFC its not all that great, but whatever atleast it looks cool :D . Greddy offers a emanage which i heard is great. You can select different fuel maps and i believe you can tune it yourself.

-Testpipes/ high flow cats, the test pipes will add alot of power to our cars, but they can be really loud. It will save you a few pounds as well, but they are not street legal (if you live in cali or anystate where you have emisions you are kind of screwed, if you live in florida like me its not a problem). Any brand is just about great as long as they are not dirt cheap (i would say $200-350), its only a peice of metal tube. High flow cats are going to be basicly what it says high flow cats, a little bit lighter than stock cats but way better air flow while still being street emisions legal.

Headers- headers will provide gains as well, if you match them up with test pipes you are going to see higher gains. Im not to up to date on headers, but stillen makes some i know that range from $600-700. Nismo makes a set they are expensive something like $1000. Borla makes a set around $600.

There is a little bit to help you out, im bored so i wrote alot. Just a piece of advice when it comes to your exhaust dont buy anything thats cheap. If you do usually the welds are **** and the metal will crack then you have to replace it. So its better to fork up the little bit extra and do it right.

Lip 11-29-2006 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by izmir41500
search the forums and browse a little. there are tons of newbie threads on stuff for performance. basically you're looking for NA mods so...

You can get intake/breathing mods - jwt pop charger, z-tube+filter combo, stillen intake, injen cold air intake (cai), plenum and plenum spacers from motordyne, kinetix, stillen, crawford, headers, high flow cats...

exhaust - hks hi power, injen, stillen, fast intentions...

technosquare ecu reflash, utec, and other piggyback ecu tuning stuff...

keep in mind all these combined will end up costing more will not get you the power from a supercharger or turbo. from reading the boards the safest supercharger out there is the vortech.

This exact post should stick at the top of the forum page. Textbook.

I'd agree. The Vortech always does the trick. Hey, $5 + $5k for suspension and brakes and a new Coupe is still cheaper than a 335i coupe.
Not a bad concept. I'm waiting until 30k on the odo, then going that direction.(Assuming the new M3 isn't over the top)

For now, the exhaust.

O HELLA JDM 11-29-2006 01:32 AM

there are a bunch of threads like this...

but if you have the money go get the hks
have less money go get the injen
have less money go the the invidia <-- hope i spell that right

those are my top 3 imo

CarFanatic56 11-29-2006 04:23 AM

Tanabe is also another good exhaust option...not as popular as HKS, but still good

Ralph0064 11-29-2006 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ltrrtl218
ive got the greddy evo and i like it

I also love my Greddy Evo 2. sounds sick with HFC's.