Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh, and godbless camera phones.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man that sucks

Old 12-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Could have been worse...you could have found a finger in your chili

Good thing you guys were ok...sucks about the G...how fkn random was that though????

Old 12-02-2006, 05:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
U DEFINETLY HAVE A CASE MAN! TRUST ME! if u play ur cards right... u can be a very rich man from this lolol Real glad no1 got hurt!

Old 12-02-2006, 05:08 AM
Wendy's reimbursed me for my food and gave us some free stuff because our food got glass all in it.
^^ LMAO

40g car... and they offer u free food.. lollll

on a more serious note... im a law student... u have a case for negligence my friend... u can see Wendy's Inc. b/c it happened on their property..

it's like if u were walking to the entrance.. and u slipped on a piece of ice.. it's their fault for not mainting the grounds.. your case is just more extreme... it's great you have photo evidence.. but u should've went to the hospital to get checked out...

glad to here that you're okay.. but you really should sue.. not to be greedy, but hit them where it hurts so that next time they won't play lazy and take care of their premesis.

i suggest u really do see a lawyer...the lawyer will most likely send you to the firm's chiropractor to take care of that neck pain...

also.. keep in mind.. most civil suits take three to five years before trial even begins.. lol so don't expect to get paid tomorrow..

hope it all works out for you =)

Old 12-02-2006, 05:09 AM
tell them to buy you a new car and call it a day. ur car was new. now is shlt... get a new car.

if they say no, then u sue for everything you can. probably a couple millions here. plus they treid to get you to sign some paperwork, that right there would **** me off. they cared more about their financial needs then ur safety, well being and your car.

so, i say, tell them to get u a brand new car, or the amount u paid for the car. if not, ur gonna be a millionaire...

if a lady can sue kraft food a couple millions for make a guacomolie dip that didn't contain enough avocados, then u can for sure sue wendy's a couple mill for the damages.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Coupe
I say go see a doctor ASAP. If you neck 'hurts a bit', there might be problems later on...for which you'll have to pay. Go checked out, and do call lawyers just in case. Ask for their ADVICE for now (should be free). If you wanna get rich of of this, its one thing. But if you don't wanna get screwd in the long run, its another. And I think lawyer will help you in both cases.

PS: yea, what Special K said. I took couple law classes and there's alot of reasons you can sue them.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:52 PM
RPL
Originally Posted by bb319675
You got a case against the owner of the lot, the light pole was not maintained in safe operating condition which is the property owner's responsibility. If the police report states "...bottom of pole is rusted and old which cause the break..." then your case is set.

Good luck
Exactly! Dude, you wont get *millions* if you sue. It depends on who the property owner is - and I doubt it's wendy's, and more than likely if you succeeded to the fullest, you’ll possibly take everything that his property owner has ever worked for his entire life. Did you happen to read the forms the guy tried pushing in your face? You said he hardly spoke English - they could have been incident reports, or something even more minor. (I still think it's a good thing you turned them down - but it still surprises me that the manager would actually come out and do that)

Suing for millions is what's wrong with America today. I swear to god no one can take responsibility for themselves anymore. Slipping on a piece of ice and suing the property owner? Come on! How ridicules is that. OK ~ maybe if there was a water leak from the property and there was no other ice patches in the city, that's one thing - but if it snowed an hour before, you must realize the conditions you're walking in. Slip and fall, it's your own damn problem.

Your condition, however, is different. You didn't bring any of this upon you. However, be responsible with your actions. If you have *serious* neck pain, then yes, see a doctor (not a chiropractor -- they're not even LICENSED) ASAP. The property owner of wendy's must be responsible to reimburse you for anything and everything that was damaged in the accident, nothing further -- and he/she shouldn't have a problem with that, they do pay insurance. You were driving a NEW car, not a repaired car - get a new car. If your neck does hurt, make sure he's aware of the situation; see a doctor, see what he/she says, and then go about fixing that – if it’s something that could inhibit you for the rest of your life (and it probably isn’t), then that is a different circumstance – maybe then it could be justified to receive more than the accident amount, but only then. And your food was already taken car of, so no point to discuss that

Finally, how old are you? If you do sue, sure, you might get a decent amount of money now (I highly doubt millions), but there could be some long term affects. For example, if I'm an employer and you're applying for a job at my business, and I'm reviewing your history and I see that you've tried to take advantage of an accident that happened to you some years back, what's going to go through my head? What if this guy slips in my parking lot when it snows one morning while he's walking into work? What if he gets coffee from the pot, and spills it on himself? Hmmm... save me the trouble. Next.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If it was a case of slip and fall I say be a nice guy and give them a break..... in a case of a rusted through light pole that fell on top of a parked car - yeah, get a lawyer for sure. If not for your own benefits, this should set an example for property owners to maintain their property for public safety.

Imagine what would happen if a convertible school bus filled with 5 dozen school children had been sitting in that spot when the light pole fell. Unacceptable!!

Old 12-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be PISSED and have a lawyer involved ASAP. That pole could have killed somebody. I'd want a brand new G too.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Well thanks for all the advice everyone its really been helpful. I've decided to contact a lawyer on Monday and go from there. My neck is actually a little sore since it was somewhat of an impact. My friend is saying the same a bit of soreness. I'm 20 years old, I'm still in college, this happened as I left my college. I'm not looking to get rich but like everyone said my car was a new car when I got it, and now if it does get repaired I have a repaired car, defintly not what I want. I did go back and look at the spot of the accident today, and there was actually another pole on the other side of the parking lot that fell down! This parking lot is not safe and they are ignoring it so I want something to be done here. I have some pictures of the damage to the car + the rotted out light post. Let me know what you all think... Can't really compare this case to a slip on ice, this is neglect to the fullest this could of been prevented, it didn't rust over night. I talked to one of the service techs at Infiniti he said it looks like $10,000 worth of damage, but I don't really take his word for it. I told him reguarless I bought the car new, and I want back what I bought originally a new car and he agreed.

Attached Thumbnails Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.-dscn1786.jpg   Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.-dscn1789.jpg   Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.-dscn1798.jpg   Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.-dscn1806.jpg  
Old 12-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Basheer
yo listen up
and listen good

you have a case here

a light post shouldn't come crashing down onto the ground
you could've died
sue the town, or the people who own the property
you can get some $$$ from this

call a lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please tell me you are joking...

Old 12-02-2006, 02:55 PM
ouch!!! that sucks!!

Old 12-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Im not a sue happy guy, but yeah, I would sue.. this guy wrecked your nice G, inconvenienced you and caused you what is hopefully some minor pain. I would go after him and it would really of pissed me off that this guy came running out wanting you to sign some forms probably dismissing him from responsibility. That right there would be fuel for me even though he is probably some $10 an hour employee.. that and the overall effect.. I would be talking with a lawyer. It will take years and years for you to see anything though... Good luck with everything!

Chris

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crazy night, G35 ain't looking to good.