G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe Resale????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe Resale????

For years I was hearing how our Coupes were at the top of the list for resale and holding their value but now I want to sell mine and all I get are lowball offers..... I tried Ebay with no luck. Anyone else trying to sell without giving it away? By the way it is an 04 Laser/graphite, 6MT, Premium, 18's, Brembos, etc. with under 13,500 miles, no snow, salt, etc and I set my reserve at $28K. Any thoughts?

Old 12-11-2006, 07:34 PM
g35's are all over the place. with the 08's coming out. resale value is shlt... unless u have a model that has everything it can possibly come with, then ur G is a dime a dozen.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:15 PM
If your looking to trade-in your vehicle the dealers a using whats called the black book (wholesale guide) to determine what its worth. The book is updated monthly and values are determined by sales at auctions like manheim. I know we've all heard of Kelley Blue Book, which is usually higher than actual cash value (ACV). Your best bet is always to sell privately, but if you do this you paid tax on the G and on your next vehicle, so twice. If you trade you'll receive a tax credit, you only pay on the different between the new vehicle and your trade. Take this into consideration it could add up to significant money. By the way 28K is high in terms of wholesale value. You won't find black book on the net it's exclusively for dealers, but I can look up what your G is really worth when i'm at work tommorow. I need to know what other options you have. Forget the brembro's and wheels, there is no added value for dealers there. Sunroof, Navi, Aero Pkg., 6spd., and Low Miles are the only adds to the value. You've got the miles and manual any other adds? You may be disappointed to here it's not worth what you think it is but trust me our G's do hold tremendous resale value compared to other models, their still depreciating assets.

Last edited by kro27; 12-13-2006 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:21 PM
yea i was thinking of selling the coupe as well but i didnt get any offers so i will just keep it. actually i didnt get any offers at all lol. i have a silver 04 with whole package, navi, black leather, everything, under 12k miles listed at 27k and no interest at all. wow im just gonna keep it for a another year and then trade it in when i see something else i like.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by abcdefGGGGGG
yea i was thinking of selling the coupe as well but i didnt get any offers so i will just keep it. actually i didnt get any offers at all lol. i have a silver 04 with whole package, navi, black leather, everything, under 12k miles listed at 27k and no interest at all. wow im just gonna keep it for a another year and then trade it in when i see something else i like.

where did you post ur car?? i been searching for a coupe for 4 months i finally got wat i wanted..but no navi ... i would have paid a lil extra for your navi..... too late now

Old 12-12-2006, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=kro27]If your looking to trade-in your vehicle the dealers a using whats called the black book (wholesale guide) to determine what its worth. The book is updated monthly and values are determined by sales at auctions like manheim. I know we've all heard of Kelley Blue Book, which is usually higher than actual cash value (ACV). Your best bet is always to sell privately, but if you do this you pay tax on your sale of the G and on your next vehicle, so twice. If you trade you'll receive a tax credit, you only pay on the different between the new vehicle and your trade. Take this into consideration it could add up to significant money. By the way 28K is high in terms of wholesale value. You won't find black book on the net it's exclusively for dealers, but I can look up what your G is really worth when i'm at work tommorow. I need to know what other options you have. Forget the brembro's and wheels, there is no added value for dealers there. Sunroof, Navi, Aero Pkg., 6spd., and Low Miles are the only adds to the value. You've got the miles and manual any other adds? You may be disappointed to here it's not worth what you think it is but trust me our G's do hold tremendous resale value compared to other models, their still depreciating assets.[/QUOTE

04 Coupe, 6MT, Laser red/Graphite, 13,500 miles, Brembos, 18's, Premium Package, basically has everything cept Nav and wings. I think private was $28,500 on KBB. I found another car I want privately so I need to sell mine privately as well.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by kro27
Your best bet is always to sell privately, but if you do this you pay tax on your sale of the G and on your next vehicle, so twice.

I thought the buyer pay the tax especially when they register the car. When you buy the car new you pay tax and when you sell you pay another tax? that doesn't make any sense and isn't that the buyer always pay the tax?

Old 12-12-2006, 03:19 PM
buyers always pay the tax, but im not so sure how the tax work wth sellers. i think one needs to state that you sold a veh. in your tax return or something if the car was sold for over a certain amount? someone correct me there..

if in fact, we do pay tax for buying and sellin..thats just a bunch of BS then.. i mean, when we buy the first veh, we already paid tax.. now we have to pay it again when we sell it? god..

Old 12-12-2006, 03:49 PM
There are two taxes for some of us:
The sales tax is always paid by the buyer. Either to the dealer or to the DMV when you register the car (if you buy from a private party).
The property taxes are paid to the county. If you have not paid the property taxes and sell the vehicle, your bill will be prorated to reflect your ownership. If you have paid the bill and sell the vehicle, the county will credit you from the date of sale.
You don't pay tax to sell the vehicle!

Old 12-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
In gereral, you will not pay tax on the car you sold. However, if you sell it for more then you paid, you CAN be subject to Capital Gain, but it won't really apply since, for 99% of us, the car will depreciate in value. Also, unless it is your primary job and you do it frequently, selling cars and making a profit, will not be subject to a Capital gain. It's like flipping Homes, although this will get really complicated but no, we don't pay tax on the car we sold.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:38 PM
how do you only have 13k miles on your car for an 04? did you even drive it? i've had mine for like 8 months and it has 11k. i love driving this car and take every opportunity to ride it.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
December is a bad time to sell a car (great time to buy).

It's not that the resale is bad, it's just timing.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by dudeimjohn
how do you only have 13k miles on your car for an 04? did you even drive it? i've had mine for like 8 months and it has 11k. i love driving this car and take every opportunity to ride it.
It is a third car (toy) and when I bought it I still had a GSXR 750 so I would juggle riding the bike and driving the car. I don't drive it in the winter and also to work during the week because our parking lot is not paved What can i say, it's my baby.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:21 PM
about the tax...you're all correct the buyer does pay tax. Also you'll pay tax as well on the full amount of the future purchase, unless you don't buy anything.

Last edited by kro27; 12-13-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kro27
about the tax...you're all correct the buyer does pay tax. Also you'll pay tax as well for the sale at tax time. I'm pretty confident that all states abide by this rule, the only difference being the percentage.
Would you mind explain this bit futher? I have sold 3 cars in last 5 years, I have yet pay any kind of tax on them, State or other wise

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupe Resale????