G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   window tint problem (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/158010-window-tint-problem.html)

Rphillips6487 05-19-2007 07:50 PM

window tint problem

hey guys, I got my windows tinted about 2 weeks ago and its been a bit of a hassle thus far.

When i first got it back, my drivers side was squeeking when id roll it down.not up though.

After half a week it stooped but my drivers side went off the deep end. When i go to put it down it takes the rubber ligning and it can barely make it down and it squeeks like hell. No problems when it goes up.

Every now and then itll be fine though :confused:

Last night it was raining and both windows were squeeking like hell as they went down. obviosly, the rain has a factor but im just stating.

im trying to contact the guy who did the job but havent had much luck thus far.

On a side note, he did a good job with the tint itself but burnt the corner of both my door panels right where it meets the glass...

I guess at this point im just looking for your thoughts on it...
thanks guys,
Russ

empfl 05-19-2007 07:52 PM

i would just tossem and getem redone.. i'm sure you already kno this but man those are some pretty serious issues.. obviously something went wrong if rain causes a squeeking noise...

gl

BayAreaRefuGz 05-19-2007 07:52 PM

i don't have tints, but it might be because the film is thick. what type of film did you apply, (i dont know if this matters) what % tints do you have?

French87 05-19-2007 08:03 PM

On a side note, he did a good job with the tint itself but burnt the corner of both my door panels right where it meets the glass...
he didnt do a good job then... its not THAT hard to tint windows, how do you burn door panels?? lol. i hope for you they have some sort of "satisfaction gaurunteed" policy type thing, so that u can get your money back and go elsewhere.

if its "all sales final blah blah" type place, it might be a bit harder...

Rphillips6487 05-19-2007 08:51 PM

he said its a life time warranty, im just goin to keep calling..

mike281 05-19-2007 09:32 PM

ya i had mine done and had no issues. they did a great job on mine. i would make them fix the tint, your door panels. if they dont i would be pissed that is just not right.

AthensBlueG 05-19-2007 11:26 PM

I'd be upset. Sounds like he did a sloppy job. Have him do it again, and don't be shy about asking him to replace or compensate you for the burnt door trim.

AAClaire420 05-20-2007 12:55 AM

yeah I recently got my windows tinted as well

The shop actually ****ed my armrest in the center up a little

They set some kind of tool or smething on it and it put an indent in the leather, its like a like with little dah marks in it indented into the leather ( i have sotne interior)

I figured if I took it back there they would just mess something else up trying to fix it....so I think I'll just end up getting it reupholstered or something

Anyone have any other suggestions? And if not, how much do you tihnk it will be to reupholster the top of the center armrest, or to just get a new one ( I think the top part just unscrews so I could maybe just screw a new one on)?

gary c 05-20-2007 01:23 PM

Window Tint........issues?

Any time you take you G any where to get a job done and you have issues
take it back ASAP! The sooner you return your G with what ever problem
you have the easier it will be to get results. With the problem with window
not operating correctly, take the tint off and see if the problem still exists.
If so, take your car back to Infiniti and have them fix it under warranty. :coolio:

Rphillips6487 05-20-2007 07:17 PM

^^yah thats what im planning thus far..

TurboDreamzG 05-20-2007 09:19 PM

Yeah I wouldn't bother calling I would just go up and see him. I mean you dont want anything going wrong with the whole power window unit with the water making it squeak and all.